NHL.COM closing message boards soon

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Live look inside the halls of Evolve Media, the parent company overlords of HFBoards.

giphy.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
My daughter informed me this morning that they disconnected the server yesterday. I’m sure it’s just some big update but the game was still down this morning.
yeah my kids couldn't log in yesterday...I thought it was something else I didn't hear about- like they finally shut that damn game down lol...sick of kids yelling into their headsets every time they play the damn game..

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
yeah my kids couldn't log in yesterday...I thought it was something else I didn't hear about- like they finally shut that damn game down lol...sick of kids yelling into their headsets every time they play the damn game..
They're releasing a big update with a new map, so they are building hype for it by making it unplayable for a day or two. The game is far from dead, unfortunately.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lol not a chance. Game rakes in money.
oh I read the report, something will change down the road with the amount of parents suing over all these micro transactions and funds getting taken out of accounts....Fortnite isn't as bad as some of these other games, but $9.99 to get a stupid f***ing outfit and parachute - yeah f*** off lol..

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They're releasing a big update with a new map, so they are building hype for it by making it unplayable for a day or two. The game is far from dead, unfortunately.
Fortnite is fine. Isn’t my cup of tea but I play Apex with two guys from work more than any other game and outside of not being as filled with fourteen year olds is it really any different?

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Fortnite is fine. Isn’t my cup of tea but I play Apex with two guys from work more than any other game and outside of not being as filled with fourteen year olds is it really any different?
Love Apex, but I was always a fan of the Titanfall games (for which Apex is a spinoff of) as well as the older, Infinity Ward made COD games (which was made by a lot of the same guys).

Reactions: Drumman44

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Love Apex, but I was always a fan of the Titanfall games (for which Apex is a spinoff of) as well as the older, Infinity Ward made COD games (which was made by a lot of the same guys).
Titanfall never got the love it should. I loved PubG but that was like a toxic relationship because even though it was a buggy clunky trashy mess I kept coming back.

Apex is halfway between Fortnite and PubG but man was it polished right from jump. Respawn is my favorite gaming company going.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Titanfall never got the love it should. I loved PubG but that was like a toxic relationship because even though it was a buggy clunky trashy mess I kept coming back.

Apex is halfway between Fortnite and PubG but man was it polished right from jump. Respawn is my favorite gaming company going.
I also love Respawn. Would love for a Tt3, but the 2nd releasing weeks between COD and Battlefield really damaged the series' popularity.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Not a fan of FPSs. Played a lot of World at War in my 20’s, but after that I soured in them. Pretty much strictly RPG’s, strategy. and open world adventure at this point.
If I’m playing solo that’s all I play. Killing a few hours after work with two of my good friends on Xbox is a lot easier to do with quick FPS matches though.

Sinking time into Kingdom Come lately. Holy hell is that a grind.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I also love Respawn. Would love for a Tt3, but the 2nd releasing weeks between COD and Battlefield really damaged the series' popularity.
I can't think of the game I kind of like playing with my kiddos....shit...it is like Fortnite but came out earlier - cool characters, they have different weapons...Overdrive...Overwatch?? yeah Overwatch I think..that is pretty damn fun.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I never even realized NHL.com had such a thing

I didn’t either until this summer. Some of the predominant takes here seemed really off the board to me so I started looking around to see what other people were saying. The biggest communities I found for the Hawks were NHL.com and Reddit. Both do GDTs and are pretty active. Every once and a while, it’s good to see what people outside of HF are thinking IMO.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad