NHL.COM closing message boards soon

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I used to be on MLB boards back in day (A longtime ago) but got banned when I went over to Yankees board and posted that middle finger (Remember the one that used to be made up using periods) to there fans

I think that was either 2005 or 2006 and the boards over there had nice feature of being able to go board to board unlike others at time

Yankee fans were all obnoxious with regard to Contreras at time and constantly trolling Sox board despite fact he was thriving and Sox were better then Yankees at time. My god they really hated Contreras and blamed him for all the problems they had

I figured NHL.com would not want to deal with hassle of a message board and moderating it

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I can't think of the game I kind of like playing with my kiddos....****...it is like Fortnite but came out earlier - cool characters, they have different weapons...Overdrive...Overwatch?? yeah Overwatch I think..that is pretty damn fun.
Yeah, think you're referring to Overwatch. Haven't played it myself, but it is very popular.

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
My kids aren’t allowed to play video games or turn on the tv. Once in a while on a weekend I’ll let them watch a half hour show on Netflix.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My kids aren’t allowed to play video games or turn on the tv. Once in a while on a weekend I’ll let them watch a half hour show on Netflix.

tenor.gif

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Yeah, if daddy turning on the TV was the only way to watch a game, those kids will never become Hawks fans.

Lol, was never going to happen. They get dragged to 2-3 Hawks games per year, and another 3-4 Islander games (cheap and convenient for me). The older one brings a book, the younger one eats ice cream and tries to get on the jumbotron. And to be honest, it should be my biggest failing that they don't waste time watching sports like their old man.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ha. I'll have it on, but they're not sports fans.

So you don't let your kids play video games or watch TV, and they're not sports fans. WTF do your teenage kids do? Sit around and read all day? What do they do for social interaction?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I didn’t either until this summer. Some of the predominant takes here seemed really off the board to me so I started looking around to see what other people were saying. The biggest communities I found for the Hawks were NHL.com and Reddit. Both do GDTs and are pretty active. Every once and a while, it’s good to see what people outside of HF are thinking IMO.

This made me chuckle.

Reddit is brutal and toxic.

Edit: not a pot shot at you.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
didn't know they had a message board...honestly didn't lol...
I was active with their comments-community before they had the site remake, but that went down the gutter along with the rest of the site after that point and some time after I moved to HFB.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
So you don't let your kids play video games or watch TV, and they're not sports fans. WTF do your teenage kids do? Sit around and read all day? What do they do for social interaction?

Not saying this with snark, but I found your question funny. No tv and video games results in more opportunity for social interaction, not less.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
By the way, video games are social interaction... It blows my mind there is still a stigma surrounding video games. My son plays video games at night...with his hockey team.

I gamed with guys 15-20 years ago...that I've met several times, and still talk to almost daily... Guys that wouldn't hesitate to wire me some cash if I was in a tough spot (we actually all did this for one of our buddies years ago, that was in a really bad spot). All I can say is...keep an open mind, and most things are great in moderation.

Reactions: LordKOTL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad