NHL Center Ice / NHL GameCenter Live all info

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
im on PS3, I paid and everything but it sucks..cant get any games to start...useless

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
I have Comcast and they have a Free Preview of Center Ice going on, but I can't find the games in HD. Can anyone help with this?

i have crappy RCN and out of all the nhl channels only one of the 15 or whatever is hd. last night's vancouver ducks game and tonights flames sharks were the only ones on that channel.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
i have crappy RCN and out of all the nhl channels only one of the 15 or whatever is hd. last night's vancouver ducks game and tonights flames sharks were the only ones on that channel.

I have the same thing with Comcast it seems. There are two HD channels and whenever I try to watch one it just has a black screen. Normally if I do not have the channel it will say "not authorized" pr something like that. I don't know what the deal is. I am thinking about purchasing since it is $50 and I live in Florida, but I don't want to have to watch all the games without HD, so I am wondering if it will be the same way if I purchase it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I had Center Ice on Comcast last year and could never get HD games. The SD looked terrible so I bought GCL this year. I'm at my girlfriends now watching CI on Verizon and they're in HD. It's bothering me.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I had Center Ice on Comcast last year and could never get HD games. The SD looked terrible so I bought GCL this year. I'm at my girlfriends now watching CI on Verizon and they're in HD. It's bothering me.

Thanks for the info. I guess Comcast just doesn't have the HD. I will probably be better off getting the gamecenter live as well. I'll have to go look at the price. The Standard definition is atrocious to try to watch.

Edit: looks like they are the same price. I might have to go with the gamecenter.

Swiper the Fox

Mar 4, 2011
I have the same thing with Comcast it seems. There are two HD channels and whenever I try to watch one it just has a black screen. Normally if I do not have the channel it will say "not authorized" pr something like that. I don't know what the deal is. I am thinking about purchasing since it is $50 and I live in Florida, but I don't want to have to watch all the games without HD, so I am wondering if it will be the same way if I purchase it.

just wondering about you folks with comcast
could the reason you don't get center ice in HD is because your receiver is not compatible. When i was on shaw (in canada) i had a hd receiver, but could not get center ice until they swapped out the box with an MPEG4 receiver

just a though, you may want to look into

TheTaekster

Feb 3, 2008
94.1 and 97.5
just wondering about you folks with comcast
could the reason you don't get center ice in HD is because your receiver is not compatible. When i was on shaw (in canada) i had a hd receiver, but could not get center ice until they swapped out the box with an MPEG4 receiver

just a though, you may want to look into

Comcast only has two HD channels set aside for Center Ice, sometimes only utilizing one (for some asinine reason). They charge as much as everyone else for an inferior service. Frankly, it's a joke. This is my first year with GCL, and judging by the free preview of CI I had on at my bar last night, I made the right decision.

So no, the HD receiver is not the issue here.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Comcast only has two HD channels set aside for Center Ice, sometimes only utilizing one (for some asinine reason). They charge as much as everyone else for an inferior service. Frankly, it's a joke. This is my first year with GCL, and judging by the free preview of CI I had on at my bar last night, I made the right decision.

This is correct. It's insane that Comcast does not offer HD but for the two channels and they usually don't use them unless its a bigger drawing game.

I called comcast awhile back and asked them they basically said it eats up too much bandwith to show in HD. I get that for the replay but for the live game its crap. Only about 1/3 of the Pens game are in HD on Center Ice. As the SD channels get cut out they would add more HD for basketball/mlb/nhl is what they said. I believe it was 2010 when I got that statement. So yeah you can tell it's a top priority.:sarcasm:

Swiper the Fox

Mar 4, 2011

I know from personal experience being a comcast rep (outsourced a looong time ago) that sometimes, it takes a FEW people to call before you get the correct answer
if you catch my drift !!
:o)
just for kicks you may want to check your receiver and see if it is MPEG4
:o)

but yeah, it is comcast....... its mos likely them

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
This is just crazy. Comcast really sucks in this department. I know for a fact that Directv has the same free preview and they are all in HD.

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
We in Europe are suffering from Blackouts on NHL GCL....just because other channels here on TV are broadcasting games! But these channels are not national TV, it's also per-per-view....lol

I paid 50 bucks for a service unable to provide me with all the games, contrary to last season....complete disgrace!

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
The app isnt out yet for this year. Still a few weeks for some reason

They announced on their website (www.ps3.com/nhl) that the app is being worked on, and that it will be out soon. The old app won't work for this season.

I believe the main board said they are aiming for a February 1 release for the PS3 app.

In all honesty, if you have a laptop with an HDMI output, just HDMI into your TV, full screen the video, enjoy. Quality is pretty good except for the occasion lag-out where the quality dips. Amongst all the upgrades they have been doing to not run into the Day 1 total flop again, I'd expect that to occur every once in a while.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Somewhat related topic, I'm think of ditching cable and just going with apple tv and the internet, flyers games are one of the reasons I still pay my hefty cable bill. Anyone have pros & cons for me.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Thanks for the info. I guess Comcast just doesn't have the HD. I will probably be better off getting the gamecenter live as well. I'll have to go look at the price. The Standard definition is atrocious to try to watch.

Edit: looks like they are the same price. I might have to go with the gamecenter.

I left Comcast for FIOS in October, so far everything has been great.

they offer 5 HD Center Ice / Extra innings channels ( both packages use the same channels)

Comcast had 0 HD channels in Philadelphia area.

So far everything has been great, but I noticed 2 telecast that were on HD channels but they didn't show the HD it was reduced to the same as SD, infact I looked at both the SD and HD and were same thing.

Also yesterday During the Bruins game the picture of the HD was choppy, I had to watch SD of jets Bruins and was fine.

But the other HD games came in good, so I'm thinking its Indemand not delivering the good stuff at times.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Somewhat related topic, I'm think of ditching cable and just going with apple tv and the internet, flyers games are one of the reasons I still pay my hefty cable bill. Anyone have pros & cons for me.

Con with Gamecenter Live is if the game is on TV in your area it'll get blacked out on GCL. If you live in the Philadelphia area, that will leave you with pretty much zero Flyers games.

Schenn Bros Pizza*

Please don't tell me tonight's game will be blacked out too... This is pretty stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad