NHL Center Ice / NHL GameCenter Live all info

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
News reguarding NHL Center ice is starting to finally pop up on sites now.

Indemand the provider that runs NHL Center ice, NBA league pass, MLB extra innings for Comcast, Verizon, and most cable providers has officially updated their website today.

However as of now I'm with Verizon, they have to update there site as of now they don't have any ordering info in there systems yet.

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

For those with directv they seem to be running a bit of a different program.

DirecTV, meanwhile, is offering the service for four payments of $14.99 compared to the normal rate of four payments of $42.95 for the full season. The prorated discount is nearly 40 percent off the normal price, with DirecTV offering many of the same perks of Center Ice as iN DEMAND.

this link provides that quote and other new info brewing about NHL CI and NHL GCL

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/14/3875362/nhl-center-ice-pricing-2013-season

Gamecenter Live, at least in the US, is $49.99.

I received an email this morning with that renewal price. I called, and spent a good bit of time on hold, to cancel

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
You can order Gamecentre now.... and its $49.99 in Canada.

Edit - anyone know what TSN2's broadcast schedule is??? I can find the TSN schedule (Flyers only on twice), but the TSN2 is nowhere to be found.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For fifty bucks I can't pass that up, even if I am disgruntled at the NHL. I am a Sheeple.

Money is paid, I am now watching the last game of the Finals apparently.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Just proves those at the top will do anything to suck the dollar out of those at the bottom of the pyramid.

Releasing these products free for a year (no strings attached) would not be a back breaker, would be a nice apology, and would help attract more viewers.

These people can get bent.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Just proves those at the top will do anything to suck the dollar out of those at the bottom of the pyramid.

Releasing these products free for a year (no strings attached) would not be a back breaker, would be a nice apology, and would help attract more viewers.

I think there are contractual obligations which prevent free stuff.

Does Gamecenter live archive games so you can watch them if you miss a game?

Yes. I don't know how long they're archived, but you can definitely do that. For an extra 5 bucks a month I think you can get NHL Vault, which has a huge load of old games.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm going to have to decide between Game Center and Center Ice this year. I have Comcast and purchased CI but none of the games were in HD even though I believe they're supposed to be.

Anyone know how the Apple TV/Xbox/PS3 functionality is for Game Center?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm going to have to decide between Game Center and Center Ice this year. I have Comcast and purchased CI but none of the games were in HD even though I believe they're supposed to be.

Anyone know how the Apple TV/Xbox/PS3 functionality is for Game Center?

No idea for Apply or 360, but ps3 functionality for GC is good.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
the subscription also comes with NHL vault

you can narrow it down between decades years, teams, etc.

I was watching Pens vs Flyers from 2003 I think the game where lankow scores in like first 2 min

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Can you "test before you buy" with NHL Gamecenter Live? I'm on the site right now, but I can't find anything on it. The reason I'm asking is that I have a 1 GB traffic limit where I live, but some traffic somehow bypasses being registered. So since I don't want to pay $50 to then watch games in 400 kbps I'd really like to test it beforehand.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can you "test before you buy" with NHL Gamecenter Live? I'm on the site right now, but I can't find anything on it. The reason I'm asking is that I have a 1 GB traffic limit where I live, but some traffic somehow bypasses being registered. So since I don't want to pay $50 to then watch games in 400 kbps I'd really like to test it beforehand.

They used to run a 2 week trial, not sure if they have that anymore. It is much better than using sketchy streaming sites.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
It depends on the game, the night, your internet, the sun, and which direction the birds are flying. Some games look really good, some games not so much.

Yes, it just depends on the game. I hated the games that were not in HD last year. Hurt my eyes by the end of the game. Non HDTV looks worse on a flat panel HDTV than it does on an old fashion style TV.

Yukon Cornelius*

You can order Gamecentre now.... and its $49.99 in Canada.

Edit - anyone know what TSN2's broadcast schedule is??? I can find the TSN schedule (Flyers only on twice), but the TSN2 is nowhere to be found.

I talked to a buddy who works for Bell Media, he says the TSN2 schedule might be up as early as tomorrow (Tuesday) He says that, at last count, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Philly have the most games of any of the American teams and like last year, there are large sections simply stating "TBA".

My concern is more geared towards the "TBA" I can milk 2-3 pints for 3 hours once a week if need be down at my local but having the games blacked out at the last minute like last year will really piss me off again.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm intested in getting GCL . This would be my first time. I Use boxee box and would stream games through there. However When im not at home are there times where I can watch the game on my Laptop? WIll GCL only be allowed through 1 device?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I had GCL last season. Does anybody know if I have to subscribe again, or is this done automatically since I didn't told them to quit?

It's an annual deal, so I believe you'd have to sign up again.

I'm intested in getting GCL . This would be my first time. I Use boxee box and would stream games through there. However When im not at home are there times where I can watch the game on my Laptop? WIll GCL only be allowed through 1 device?

You can have it on more than one device, but only one device can use it at a time.

So if it's running on your Xbox/PS3, you can't run it on your computer.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

GCL is different, but Center Ice they needed to strike a deal with the network providers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad