News Article: NHL believes Boro: Elbow to UV’s head was a tragic accident. Gets one game for bad form

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
So what happens the next time Boro does this? Two games?

Ridiculous. I just hope he gets his and it's a Bruin that delivers it.

Maybe Chara accidentally raises his elbow a little too high along the boards or something....
This is what needs to happen and not the crying about it. :nod:

Reactions: Krupp

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
This is what needs to happen and not the crying about it. :nod:

Thing is, someone will drop the gloves with him and he'll fight, they'll exchange punches to each other's helmets, 5 min majors called, and incident is what...resolved?

On the ice, there's no way to to reasonably give the guy what he deserves and didn't get in punishment for from the league without risking a significant suspension to the Bruin player.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I believe he only got one game because of the incident the game before with Gallagher. Since they did nothing to Gallagher for his questionable play on Boro, which probably should have been looked at, and given that Boro just called attention to it just prior to the game, they were more lenient on him.

You can clearly see him looking right UV as he is skating in and he aims his arm at his face. This is pretty straight forward and deserved 2-3 games, with his history I could have seen between 3-5

I was thinking salary might factor in too. I’d like to see these suspensions broken down by salary, would be interesting.

Marchand and Backes who are making and have made many millions, but “poor” plugs like Boro...we can’t take away multiple game checks from those hard working guys. He’s same team. We’ll go easy on him.

Money is everything.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
precise example of absolute intent IMO

Looked directly at the player approaching the front of the net, immediately threw an elbow in his face, one game? Absolutely embarrassing

Not to mention a role player, a goon at that, who doesn't even play adequate defense.

You'd think the NHL would make an example of the toothless Borowiecki for something that blatant especially since his last suspension was two games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad