News Article: NHL believes Boro: Elbow to UV’s head was a tragic accident. Gets one game for bad form

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by GloveSave1, Oct 24, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. GloveSave1

GloveSave1 *** 15 ***

Non-Profit Management
    Home Page:
    One game.

Boro was clearing out the crease, and just had a oopsie.

Turning, seeing UV, and delivering a elbow square to the face was not what he intended to do at all. Believable.

But the NHL did concede that his form wasn’t that great, so, I guess a game...

The wishy washy bias by the NHL is pathetic. Next week we’ll see much less deemed intentional and suspended 5 games because it’s a player the league dislikes.

This is a pathetic sham of a justice system.

You can listen to their **** explanation in the article.

Senators’ Borowiecki suspended one game for elbowing

RussellmaniaKW likes this.
  2. 22Brad Park

22Brad Park Registered User

My only issue is he is a repeat offender and it does not matter how long ago like NHL alluded to or if it same crime or not which they also alluded too..Marchand never got that same respect ..Repeat is repeat.NHL DOPS picks their spots and it 100% comes down to the name on your jersery front and back.Google the Blindside hit from Perry on Letang.Brutal sneaky hit and got nothing.Parros played for Ducks and it his buddy.All I got lol

gumgum likes this.
  3. BigBadBruins7708

BigBadBruins7708 Registered User

You know the rules.

If it happens to a Bruin it's an honest mistake.

If a Bruin does it, it's the worst thing to happen in the game

4. RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW Registered User

said this in another thread, but it's absurd that Pasta, who wouldn't hurt a fly, got 2 games for his "hit" on Girardi a couple years ago (I thought it was unavoidable contact) while a repeat offender cheapshot artist like Boro gets 1 game for a blatant elbow.

5. TCB

TCB Registered User

HABHATER
    George Parros should be forced too step down ASAP.

Pss, George. It was a deliberate blow to the head that caused a concussion, Thats what the NHL is trying to Stop, not declare accidents will happen.

He's making a mockery out of the NHL . The Matheson hit they said was interference and unsportsmanlike but Boro hit was a case where sticks and arms or gloves commonly go up and makes contact to a players heads accidentally in front of their net. He says Vaak was speeding in,well at the time Vaak was actually in a stopping motion. He says he buys Boro story of he wasn't aiming for his head.

Parros comments actually says hitting someone in the head in front of your own crease is common and by giving Boro one game he's basically allowing hitting to the head too happen as long as its in front of the net where a scrum is taking place and arms sticks or gloves often and accidentally hits opposing players in the head. What an F--Joke this guy has become!!!

I think he makes decisions on personal feelings and there is no consistency or logic behind them.
    It kind of looks as if he gave Boro a free pass. Perhaps for Boros nice comments about Parros or did Boro just out smart the Dartmouth grade and manipulated him to giving him a soft sentence down the road. In either case Parros a former NHL Goon shouldn't be in charge, the next time this happens to someone ,he may end-up giving the guy 5 games or better. He's a joke!

Boro comments:

“I think you’ve got to make sure guys aren’t taking liberties on certain players because of who they are and because they’re strong. That was a hit I don’t like and I wasn’t happy about it. I told Gallagher I thought it was a dangerous hit. I understand George has an incredibly hard job and I respect him for it. I certainly never in a million years would want that position, and I think he’s taken it head-on and he realizes that there’s going to be criticism. That’s just the nature of the beast.”

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  6. TD Charlie

TD Charlie Registered User

Looked like a forearm to me. Appeared intentional and totally uncalled for, but a forearm

1 game, meh. Ok.

7. TCB

TCB Registered User

HABHATER
    Ya. OK. Tell UV that.

How and why the NHL decided to hire a former NHL goon to be in charge of player safety is beyond me.

Parros makes inconsistent and irrational decisions. He did a good job of being a goon on the ice and protecting his teammates, but as head of the NHL player safety and being able too properly police and protect players safety from behind his desk, he's failing.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR likes this.
  8. Pia8988

Pia8988 Registered User

One game for a concussion. That's it. Urho doesn't miss a game and Boro won't even get a call.

9. GloveSave1

GloveSave1 *** 15 ***

Non-Profit Management
    Home Page:
    I think it was more the upper wrist area. Haha

Who gives a ****. Call it a elbow. Call it a rough. Call it interference, if you want.

Just call it. And suspend a reasonable amount for a clear as day intentional head shot that put a kid on the shelf.

Isn’t that the bleeping league mandate?! Man, these Player Safety guys are daft. Or crooked...probably both...

TCB likes this.
  10. BruinsBtn

BruinsBtn Registered User

Meanwhile when it's Brad Marchand tripped and falling down it's clear to the NHL that it's 100% intentional and probably premeditated.

Ladyfan, GloveSave1 and TCB like this.
  11. TCB

TCB Registered User

HABHATER
    Can we say double standard...but oh wait Marchand has a history so he must be guilty even if its an accident but a guy like Boro who countlessly tries to throw open ice hits and more times than not takes a players legs out from underneath him. But thats Ok because it was accidentally and Boro was really trying to make a legal hit.:sarcasm:

12. missingchicklet

missingchicklet Registered User

**** DoPS! They can go to hell. ****ing inconsistent incompetent ass hats. Nothing but lip service when it comes to taking head injuries seriously. DoPS continues to be a complete freakin' joke.

GloveSave1 likes this.
  13. Estlin

Estlin Registered User

Maybe the head of DoPS should never be a former player. That might make things consistent and objective.

TCB and GloveSave1 like this.
  14. ODAAT

ODAAT Registered User

Restaurant Biz
    yet again, NHL proves to be an absolute joke

15. BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad Registered User

Yeah there was no reason he needed to make the play with his forearm he could have hit Urho clean and chose not to.

This is a dirty play that 'happens' in hockey I'm not going to go Jack Edwards and act all offended because it was our guy it was still a scrum in front of the net this is one of the times a dirty hit isn't egregious. If it was a college game and he had a full shield its a nothing play. At least he got a game. Shame because Urho has looked great.

16. BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA Bruins paladin by choice Sponsor

To express things in a gentlemanly way, the fact that Borowiecki got only 1 game for that, pisses me off to thermonuclear levels.

GloveSave1 likes this.
  17. Spirit of 67

Spirit of 67 Registered User

I thought this was worse than what Matheson did.

But, I never bother to get worked up about the NHL-DOJ. They do what they do. I move on.

GordonHowe likes this.
  18. 17of26

17of26 Registered User

I just don't understand how an elbow to the face gets fewer games than what Matheson did.

RussellmaniaKW likes this.
  19. Krupp

Krupp Registered User

So what happens the next time Boro does this? Two games?

Ridiculous. I just hope he gets his and it's a Bruin that delivers it.

Maybe Chara accidentally raises his elbow a little too high along the boards or something....

20. GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877 Barely Irrelevant

I’m not defending Parros. I think he and the DOPS have been wildly inconsistent with their decisions (just like the people before them were).

That said, he attended Princeton and was voted the 4th smartest athlete in 2010 by the Sporting News. He’s no dummy ex-goon, which makes his decision making even more frustrating.

21. Absurdity

Absurdity light switch connoisseur

So just because he hasn't been suspended for any of his questionable hits, he gets 1 game even considering there was an injury on the play. Nice.

22. BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94 ExpertSince94

Firefighter
    NHLOL DoPeS

Basically should re-brand to the above because that's what the league and it's "safety division" is and has been for a while. One big joke.

17of26 likes this.
  23. charliesangel

charliesangel Registered User

Guys on TSN, for what it is worth, can't understand it either and say it should be a minimum of two games.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR likes this.
  24. Fossy21

Fossy21 Nobel Prize Deke

Bull.
    Dung.

25. BMC

BMC Per Johan Axelsson Sponsor

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. One goddamn game? What.the.****. is going on here? So much for the NHL's concern about hits to the head....more PR bullspit from a fourth rate league. That @$$hole is a repeat offender for ****'s sake....What does he have to do to get tossed for 5 games? Put someone in a coma????

:madfire: :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: