News Article: NHL believes Boro: Elbow to UV’s head was a tragic accident. Gets one game for bad form

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
One game.

Boro was clearing out the crease, and just had a oopsie.

Turning, seeing UV, and delivering a elbow square to the face was not what he intended to do at all. Believable.

But the NHL did concede that his form wasn’t that great, so, I guess a game...

The wishy washy bias by the NHL is pathetic. Next week we’ll see much less deemed intentional and suspended 5 games because it’s a player the league dislikes.

This is a pathetic sham of a justice system.

You can listen to their **** explanation in the article.

Senators’ Borowiecki suspended one game for elbowing

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
My only issue is he is a repeat offender and it does not matter how long ago like NHL alluded to or if it same crime or not which they also alluded too..Marchand never got that same respect ..Repeat is repeat.NHL DOPS picks their spots and it 100% comes down to the name on your jersery front and back.Google the Blindside hit from Perry on Letang.Brutal sneaky hit and got nothing.Parros played for Ducks and it his buddy.All I got lol

Reactions: gumgum

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
George Parros should be forced too step down ASAP.

Pss, George. It was a deliberate blow to the head that caused a concussion, Thats what the NHL is trying to Stop, not declare accidents will happen.

He's making a mockery out of the NHL . The Matheson hit they said was interference and unsportsmanlike but Boro hit was a case where sticks and arms or gloves commonly go up and makes contact to a players heads accidentally in front of their net. He says Vaak was speeding in,well at the time Vaak was actually in a stopping motion. He says he buys Boro story of he wasn't aiming for his head.

Parros comments actually says hitting someone in the head in front of your own crease is common and by giving Boro one game he's basically allowing hitting to the head too happen as long as its in front of the net where a scrum is taking place and arms sticks or gloves often and accidentally hits opposing players in the head. What an F--Joke this guy has become!!!

I think he makes decisions on personal feelings and there is no consistency or logic behind them.
It kind of looks as if he gave Boro a free pass. Perhaps for Boros nice comments about Parros or did Boro just out smart the Dartmouth grade and manipulated him to giving him a soft sentence down the road. In either case Parros a former NHL Goon shouldn't be in charge, the next time this happens to someone ,he may end-up giving the guy 5 games or better. He's a joke!

Boro comments:

“I think you’ve got to make sure guys aren’t taking liberties on certain players because of who they are and because they’re strong. That was a hit I don’t like and I wasn’t happy about it. I told Gallagher I thought it was a dangerous hit. I understand George has an incredibly hard job and I respect him for it. I certainly never in a million years would want that position, and I think he’s taken it head-on and he realizes that there’s going to be criticism. That’s just the nature of the beast.”

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Looked like a forearm to me. Appeared intentional and totally uncalled for, but a forearm

1 game, meh. Ok.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Looked like a forearm to me. Appeared intentional and totally uncalled for, but a forearm

1 game, meh. Ok.

Ya. OK. Tell UV that.

How and why the NHL decided to hire a former NHL goon to be in charge of player safety is beyond me.

Parros makes inconsistent and irrational decisions. He did a good job of being a goon on the ice and protecting his teammates, but as head of the NHL player safety and being able too properly police and protect players safety from behind his desk, he's failing.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
One game for a concussion. That's it. Urho doesn't miss a game and Boro won't even get a call.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

1 game, meh. Ok.

I think it was more the upper wrist area. Haha

Who gives a ****. Call it a elbow. Call it a rough. Call it interference, if you want.

Just call it. And suspend a reasonable amount for a clear as day intentional head shot that put a kid on the shelf.

Isn’t that the bleeping league mandate?! Man, these Player Safety guys are daft. Or crooked...probably both...

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Meanwhile when it's Brad Marchand tripped and falling down it's clear to the NHL that it's 100% intentional and probably premeditated.
Can we say double standard...but oh wait Marchand has a history so he must be guilty even if its an accident but a guy like Boro who countlessly tries to throw open ice hits and more times than not takes a players legs out from underneath him. But thats Ok because it was accidentally and Boro was really trying to make a legal hit.:sarcasm:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
f*** DoPS! They can go to hell. f***ing inconsistent incompetent ass hats. Nothing but lip service when it comes to taking head injuries seriously. DoPS continues to be a complete freakin' joke.

Reactions: GloveSave1

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah there was no reason he needed to make the play with his forearm he could have hit Urho clean and chose not to.

This is a dirty play that 'happens' in hockey I'm not going to go Jack Edwards and act all offended because it was our guy it was still a scrum in front of the net this is one of the times a dirty hit isn't egregious. If it was a college game and he had a full shield its a nothing play. At least he got a game. Shame because Urho has looked great.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
To express things in a gentlemanly way, the fact that Borowiecki got only 1 game for that, pisses me off to thermonuclear levels.

Reactions: GloveSave1

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
One game.

Boro was clearing out the crease, and just had a oopsie.

Turning, seeing UV, and delivering a elbow square to the face was not what he intended to do at all. Believable.

But the NHL did concede that his form wasn’t that great, so, I guess a game...

The wishy washy bias by the NHL is pathetic. Next week we’ll see much less deemed intentional and suspended 5 games because it’s a player the league dislikes.

This is a pathetic sham of a justice system.

You can listen to their **** explanation in the article.

Senators’ Borowiecki suspended one game for elbowing
I thought this was worse than what Matheson did.

But, I never bother to get worked up about the NHL-DOJ. They do what they do. I move on.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
So what happens the next time Boro does this? Two games?

Ridiculous. I just hope he gets his and it's a Bruin that delivers it.

Maybe Chara accidentally raises his elbow a little too high along the boards or something....

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ya. OK. Tell UV that.

How and why the NHL decided to hire a former NHL goon to be in charge of player safety is beyond me.

Parros makes inconsistent and irrational decisions. He did a good job of being a goon on the ice and protecting his teammates, but as head of the NHL player safety and being able too properly police and protect players safety from behind his desk, he's failing.

I’m not defending Parros. I think he and the DOPS have been wildly inconsistent with their decisions (just like the people before them were).

That said, he attended Princeton and was voted the 4th smartest athlete in 2010 by the Sporting News. He’s no dummy ex-goon, which makes his decision making even more frustrating.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So just because he hasn't been suspended for any of his questionable hits, he gets 1 game even considering there was an injury on the play. Nice.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You have got to be f***ing kidding me. One goddamn game? What.the.f***. is going on here? So much for the NHL's concern about hits to the head....more PR bullspit from a fourth rate league. That @$$hole is a repeat offender for f***'s sake....What does he have to do to get tossed for 5 games? Put someone in a coma????

:madfire: :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad