GDT: NHL Awards Show -- Sid Wins Hart Trophy and Ted Lindsay Award

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
everyone who didn't vote for him should have a one-way ticket to the sun, leaving tomorrow morning

Yeah really... we're all Pens fans and believe he should (and mostly would without the injuries) have many more, but for the mostly reasonable fans that wish he had 5 or 6 but get it, how could anyone not vote for him this year...? And how do those people have votes going forward?

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Beau Bennett ‏@BeauBennett19
Well deserved Sid, but for the record, I voted @rbontuzzo21 for the Ted Lindsey award #corksoaker

:laugh:

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 38s
Sidney Crosby received 128 of 137 first-place votes for the Hart Trophy. No contest.

looks like you're looking for nine people....

Agreed, I know it's small and definitely don't want to get into another debate on earlier Harts. That being said, I can't get how anyone would vote against him this year and seems ridiculous to me.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Pretty pessimistic about our chances this round, but an announcement that Sid has been nominated for the Hart doesn't really need this in the thread.

It's ok, he unfortunately deserves blocking at this point. I barely block anyone and he actually has valuable input when he puts in a useful post, but he spews out the same standard nonsense 95% of the time for whatever reason. Not entirely wrong, but annoying and useless.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
How can you guys stand watching the Awards ceremony? i'd rather put a drill to my temples. Same with the draft.......i'll wait untill our turn at R1 to watch, then shut it off.

If you record that, I'll watch it instead of the rest of the awards show. It's on in the background, it's not interrupting my night :dunno:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Crosby Hart win is the 7th highest point % win in the awards 91 year history:

1982 - Gretzky: 100%
1993 - Lemieux: 99.2%
1992 - Messier: 98.8%
2012 - Malkin: 98.8%
1984 - Gretzky: 98.7%
2008 - Ovechkin: 97.9%
2014 - Crosby: 97.8%

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The 9 non-voters were trying to do the non-conforming hipster thing. Very avant-garde.

That's exactly what they were doing. They were voting to be different, to appear "smarter" than their peers by concluding that the obvious choice shouldn't be the obvious choice.

I'm particularly disappointed with Friedman. Usually he seems to know his stuff. But his fluff piece about why he didn't vote for Sid came across as your typical amateur "I want to be different" stuff.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Congrats to Sid for his wins!

actually watched a bit of the show...parts of it was so cringeworthy that it pushed passed terrible into hilarious. I'm pretty sure Cuba Gooding Jr was coked up (Messier looked like he was about to strangle him)

PK has a future in broadcasting.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Also nice of Sid to bring his sister as his guest for the awards show. Maybe she made him promise to introduce her to some of his hockey buddies. I notice Nate MacKinnon stopped to shake Sid's hand before going up on stage to accept the Calder. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad