GDT: NHL Awards June 24th 7:00PM EST Sportsnet

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Congrats to Price, such an amazing player an person. And wow, that host was on a whole new level of awkwardness.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
CIT4lRrWsAAG4UY.jpg

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Meanwhile, I want to congratulate Therrien on his 13th place (tie) finish in the vote for the best coach award. :skeptic:

For a coach to finish 13th despite a second overall finish, it certain gives credence to the position that many of us have maintained, that this is due to Carey Price much more than anything Therrien did. At least there are a lot of voters for the Jack Adams trophy that agree with this position. The disparity between Price's awards and Therrien's votes indicates that they are in in agreement that this team has won despite the coach, and not because of him. This position is is not an artefact restricted to HFboards.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Meanwhile, I want to congratulate Therrien on his 13th place (tie) finish in the vote for the best coach award. :skeptic:

For a coach to finish 13th despite a second overall finish, it certain gives credence to the position that many of us have maintained, that this is due to Carey Price much more than anything Therrien did. At least there are a lot of voters for the Jack Adams trophy that agree with this position. The disparity between Price's awards and Therrien's votes indicates that they are in in agreement that this team has won despite the coach, and not because of him. This position is is not an artefact restricted to HFboards.

You realize Boudreau tied with MT and he had a single point less?

While I agree that MT isn't the cause for our success I feel it's a strange metric to use.

The Jack Adams is a weird trophy because it rewards teams who surprise more so than teams who are consistently good.

If Hartley does the exact same thing next year, he's not even a finalist. It's a weird trophy for sure.

Once again though, I agree with you, I just find the voting for this trophy weird in general.

Maurice was 4th, Cooper was 8th. So weird lol

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
You realize Boudreau tied with MT and he had a single point less?

While I agree that MT isn't the cause for our success I feel it's a strange metric to use.

The Jack Adams is a weird trophy because it rewards teams who surprise more so than teams who are consistently good.

If Hartley does the exact same thing next year, he's not even a finalist. It's a weird trophy for sure.

Once again though, I agree with you, I just find the voting for this trophy weird in general.

Maurice was 4th, Cooper was 8th. So weird lol

Most of these votes were reasonable to me, if you consider the question: did a given team exceed expectations, and if it did, did the coach have a significant influence on this outcome? This list is in line with that question. Cooper might have placed higher, but Tampa was probably expected to do well based on its talent. The Jets made the playoffs after a coaching change, after years of ineptitude, so Maurice placed high. Meanwhile, the Habs exceed expectations as well, but reviewers almost all ascribed it to goaltending, and almost none at all to coaching. Precisely what LG and I, as well as a few more (some of whom I probably have on ignore lol) have maintained all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad