Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com

sUCGQqM.jpg

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
A sweep would be great. Would totally crash the main board. Especially if Subban wins a second Norris, which he should, IMO. Played a much more complete and consistant game compared to Karlsson and all Karlsson has to show for his offense first approach is a measly 6 more points, all on the PP.

Subban was a 5 on 5 beast this year.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Price should sweep. Norris is really close, it can be any of the three guys to be completely honest.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
?? He barely put up more pts then Subban who was a lot better defensively

Karlsson nearly single handedly carried the Sens to the playoffs with an AHL goaltender, he was fantastic the 2nd half of the season. I like Subban more and I wouldn't trade him for EK but I think this year it goes to Karlsson, wouldn't complain if it didn't though :p:

habs2731

Apr 7, 2015
Karlsson nearly single handedly carried the Sens to the playoffs with an AHL goaltender, he was fantastic the 2nd half of the season. I like Subban more and I wouldn't trade him for EK but I think this year it goes to Karlsson, wouldn't complain if it didn't though :p:

lol an AHL goaltender who posted a 0.940 save percentage. Without Hammond playing like a god sens don't make the playoffs, Karlsson or no Karlsson.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Pricer should sweep. He was that good this season.

Funny how PK and Karlsson were snubbed for the ASG. Kevin Shattenbald and Justin Faulk forever.

[Gfy]AstonishingDeficientBorzoi[/Gfy]

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010

That Senators run was something special but to say any one component was the reason for their success makes no sense.

EK was a beast in the second half, there's no denying that and few players can break down an opposing teams defensive system like him but, once the coaching change took place, he also stopped playing on the PK often or starting in the defensive zone. This happened around the same time Methot returned who took the defensive responsibilities and allowed him to do what he does best.

Same thing happened with Stone and, in contrast, Hoffman. When the coaching change happened the two players switched spots and Hoffman's production, an early Calder pick, dried up while Stone flourished. Stone is definitely a better top-six option but Hoffman wasn't a factor in the series we played against the Senators until they moved him back into the top-six.

Honestly, I'd sooner give Cameron the Jack Adam's then Karlsson another Norris but, even then, all Cameron really did was go back to Mcclean's system they were successful with a couple years ago while riding a hot goaltender.

For what it's worth, I'm not sure P.K. or Doughty deserve it either so I guess it's just one of those years but, out of the three, I think EK would be my last choice.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
?? He barely put up more pts then Subban who was a lot better defensively

As mentioned, Karlsson carried the Sens arguably more so than Hammond. He deserves the Norris, though I would love to see yet another year where HF whines because Subban 'stole' a second Norris win. Added bonus it would really irk Sen fans.

Honestly, Giordano was robbed of it thanks to his injury. Hedman should have been nominated over Doughty.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
best defencemen in the league aren't even nominated

Will be nice to see price get hardware

Davebo*

That AHL goaltender's performance puts karlsson's in the shadows. Without what Hammond did - no way they even had a sniff of the playoffs.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...I really don't think any of the 3 nominees for the Norris deserve to win; the best two Dmen this year, Giordano & Josi, didn't even get a nomination...that's sad...

...and yes, if Karlsson's 40ish regular season counts (as he was terrible for the first 30 games or so), then Giordano's 61 games should...

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
best defencemen in the league aren't even nominated

Will be nice to see price get hardware

Well Duncan Keith and Shea Weber could have been nominated, who else would you have nominated?

Edit: Giordano could have been too, but the NHL tend to not give nominations to players on long-term injuries sadly

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Well Duncan Keith and Shea Weber could have been nominated, who else would you have nominated?

Edit: Giordano could have been too, but the NHL tend to not give nominations to players on long-term injuries sadly

Keith ya over others

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad