NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
It was a terribly officiated game. Multiple dangerous, reckless hits were ignored on both sides. I counted four missed knee on knee penalties. I counted at least four boarding penalties. Four to five elbows... A handful of charging penalties.

Want to know why players from 20-30 years ago are all meatheads, vegetables, and in danger of substance abuse/suicide? Officiating like this. Bravo for old school hockey, I guess? But hey, the boomer enjoyed it.
I agree with you. Though entertaining to watch there were some hits that should have been called. I felt like the refs let it get out of hand a bit. You have to protect the players.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure why Driedger didn’t get the start. He was the better goalie this year and even shut Tampa out in his last start of the season.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Of course you’d defend your Russian boy who gave up 5 goals and who has a 10M cap hit.

You don’t pay a guy that much money to just be ok. He needs to be a difference maker.
Amazing the double standards we frequently hear about goaltenders on other teams compared to ours.
Neither Bob nor Vasi were perfect in game 1 but neither goalie was bad. I see no reason to replace Bob after that performance.

Reactions: Pertti

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Amazing the double standards we frequently hear about goaltenders on other teams compared to ours.
Neither Bob nor Vasi were perfect in game 1 but neither goalie was bad. I see no reason to replace Bob after that performance.

I want better than “he wasn’t bad” for that kind of money.

Bob wasn’t even the best goalie all season for Florida. It wasn’t even close.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
A little torn here...

Really hoping for Tampa to somehow play Toronto in the Final Four and sweep them so we can get never-ending whining about Tampa's cap circumvention and tax breaks.

BUT I really want to like the Maple Leafs and especially Auston Matthews since he's got a shot at going down as one of the better American players ever and he's so fun to watch as a goal scorer

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The RS is over. It's crunch time. Maybe you'd replace Vasi for game 2 as well then?

Vasi wasn’t out played by his teammate in the regular season and doesn’t have the same track record as Bob choking in the playoffs.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Missed the first period but what I’ve seen in the second so far has been chippy and awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad