NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Eh, I don’t care if they meet now or in the ECF in a normal season just as long as they match up.
I disagree. These two teams are among the best in the league. It's a crime that one has to be eliminated in the first round.
It happens every year where good teams meet immediately. It is why I have called for the format of 1 vs 16 etc...or at the very least 1 vs 8 in each conference. But the NHL thinks their format creates rivalries which they think is more important than seeing the best teams in the finals.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I disagree. These two teams are among the best in the league. It's a crime that one has to be eliminated in the first round.
It happens every year where good teams meet immediately. It is why I have called for the format of 1 vs 16 etc...or at the very least 1 vs 8 in each conference. But the NHL thinks their format creates rivalries which they think is more important than seeing the best teams in the finals.

You have to beat good to great teams along the way. As a neutral fan I’d rather seem the play now while they’re both as healthy as they’re going to be in the playoffs.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure why Q didn’t use his timeout there with 30 seconds left..... guess he’s trying to keep tired Tampa players on the ice.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You have to beat good to great teams along the way. As a neutral fan I’d rather seem the play now while they’re both as healthy as they’re going to be in the playoffs.

Perhaps as a fan you enjoy that but it isn't fair to the teams that earn their spot in the RS. A top team shouldn't be up against another top team immediately.... and besides, the playoffs are a marathon and a matter of survival of the fittest. Winning a series later is much more difficult than sooner. Say TB win this one in the first round - that might not be the case if the same two teams met later in the playoffs

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Perhaps as a fan you enjoy that but it isn't fair to the teams that earn their spot in the RS. A top team shouldn't be up against another top team immediately.... and besides, the playoffs are a marathon and a matter of survival of the fittest. Winning a series later is much more difficult than sooner. Say TB win this one in the first round - that might not be the case if the same two teams met later in the playoffs

Yes, as a fan I enjoy seeing two of the top teams playing at their best and healthiest.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Rinse and repeat. I woulda started Driedger

That'll be interesting to see. Personally, Bobs would be backup all series for me but I've never liked his game much and thought that contract was terribad from the get go.

Oh, let us not forget that one Tampa goal that was a Forsling shot/pinch gone wrong boom breakaway the other way and then Tampa almost got another in the third after Forsling has his pocket picked in the slot.

Some things never change!

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I wonder what JD thought of the Panther/Lightning game? A bunch of ruffians with the refs not calling every insignificant infraction they detected.... making for a great hockey game. The best game of the season to date and much more to come.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wonder what JD thought of the Panther/Lightning game? A bunch of ruffians with the refs not calling every insignificant infraction they detected.... making for a great hockey game. The best game of the season to date and much more to come.

It was a terribly officiated game. Multiple dangerous, reckless hits were ignored on both sides. I counted four missed knee on knee penalties. I counted at least four boarding penalties. Four to five elbows... A handful of charging penalties.

Want to know why players from 20-30 years ago are all meatheads, vegetables, and in danger of substance abuse/suicide? Officiating like this. Bravo for old school hockey, I guess? But hey, the boomer enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad