League News: NHL announces new division names and schedule

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
I can't wait until we win the Metropolitan division. It'll make all those SE Division banners seem less ridiculous.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I can't wait until we win the Metropolitan division. It'll make all those SE Division banners seem less ridiculous.

LOL

something tells me the name will be changed before the caps have a chance to win it.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Pretty much guarantees that the next time the Caps make the payoffs they'll play the Rangers in the first round. :boredom:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Playing a team a bunch of times over and over again in the playoffs is supposed to create rivalries. I don't feel like that's happened with the Rangers, only staleness.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
nothing creates rivalries like playing your division foes first come the loffs

They should have done that when they reorganized last time.

#MissPatrick

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just when I thought Legends and Leaders would forever be the worst division names in US sports the NHL gives us Metropolitan division. Give me back Southeast, please.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
It has never been more clear to me that the NHL is run by a bunch of ****.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Playing a team a bunch of times over and over again in the playoffs is supposed to create rivalries. I don't feel like that's happened with the Rangers, only staleness.

I just don't think this Caps group has been a rivalry material yet.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I just don't think this Caps group has been a rivalry material yet.

I feel like the personalities just haven't mashed up. Pen's and Caps have been great together because you've got Ovi vs. Crosby, you can't really have Ovi vs. The King as a good battle.

Only way Rangers becomes a big rival is if Nash goes off or Holtby suddenly goes God Mode and is able to keep up with the King consistently.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just an FYI for the board, my wife and I are expecting a little one November 30, so I will likely be selling a bunch of my tickets for games around then. So keep your eyes out if interested.

Big time congratulations. And if this is your 1st child take in and enjoy the birth. Hands down the coolest and most special event I have ever witnessed. Was even better the 2nd time.

Liberati0n*

Why is Dreger twittering about signings of guys no one's even heard of?
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Confirming tweets, Paul Ranger has signed with the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad