League News: NHL announces new division names and schedule

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Metro(sexual) division!!

I'm looking at you GreenLife52 >.>

green_9966_497df3e23f2b5.jpg

Nice first post. Welcome to the Caps board.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Having just updated the calendar and so gone though the entire schedule. I will say this sucks. We don't even play all the teams in our own stupidly-named division the same number of times.

So bush league. Way to go NHL.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Having just updated the calendar and so gone though the entire schedule. I will say this sucks. We don't even play all the teams in our own stupidly-named division the same number of times.

So bush league. Way to go NHL.

That was never going to happen with four conferences, not until expansion happens. All to shoehorn in divisional playoffs... :shakehead

(That said, an equal schedule still wouldn't actually be "balanced," since travel and quality of competition and such can never be balanced. But the oddities are annoying).

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That was never going to happen with four conferences, not until expansion happens. All to shoehorn in divisional playoffs... :shakehead

(That said, an equal schedule still wouldn't actually be "balanced," since travel and quality of competition and such can never be balanced. But the oddities are annoying).

Oh goodie. Expansion. Just what the league needs.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
what names did you guys want? and dont say the old patrick division and others, casual fans wouldnt know what the **** is going on

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Greg ****ing Metropolit Division, really?

Yet another mario made monumental marketing mismanaged mess

That said, it is better than the Mario division. I cannot believe anyone actually entertained the idea of naming a division after someone that hated the league so much.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Just an FYI for the board, my wife and I are expecting a little one November 30, so I will likely be selling a bunch of my tickets for games around then. So keep your eyes out if interested.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I feel like the nerdly owners think its cool to have a former star player as a peer, and buy into his egocentric ideas. Or suck up to him with horrible marketing ideas. That said I am so happy someone hopefully Ted, said enough is a enough. We should all be forever grateful.

Mario Division Net Plot
Mario Idiot Invent Slop
Mario Invited Snip Loot
Marios Invited Loin Pot

Your anagrams are showing doctor.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Could be worse. You don't root for the Cubs, do you? That's a hell of a fate to be born into. Anyway, congratulations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad