NHL allows one buyout this season - Redden?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
33487791.jpg

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
My guess is his body broke down. He was never known as a guy that trained hard, and I think once he lost a half step he became too slow for the faster NHL game. I always thought he would have been decent again if he dedicated himself to fitness and training.

Did he become to slow for the NHL game, or just not good enough any more to justify his huge contract. Not too many teams could afford to send a guy making his salary to the AHL to improve their cap situation.

I remember him playing for the Rangers and it wasn't that he wasn't good enough to play in the NHL, just wasn't the top dog on defence any more.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Redden would be rejuvenated if he were to come back to Ottawa and feel like he had to prove himself to the city he knows. I think he would have no trouble taking a lesser role here and being a good fit. 48 games would be perfect for him.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Redden would be rejuvenated if he were to come back to Ottawa and feel like he had to prove himself to the city he knows. I think he would have no trouble taking a lesser role here and being a good fit. 48 games would be perfect for him.

And if not he plays in Bingo, no real harm

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Im just concerned with the NHL caliber depth on the blueline. If Redden is capable of contributing in a limited fashion then I'm all for bringing him in. Or any other veteran that can fill the role for that matter

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
a quick scan of the leafs board thread on him seems to show that they would be willing to take a chance on him for cheap. I think that would be the case for many teams that aren't Ottawa or NYR.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What did he do to us?

Not a thing, but I'd only be up for bringing him back if he can help us on the ice. I don't want to bring him back for the PR factor or for him playing his 1000th game, although it would be nice to see him hit that milestone. If he can contribute, I'm up for it. If he's done and can't play at the NHL level anymore, I'm not up for it.

To be fair, I haven't seen him play in years, so I really don't know what kind of player he is anymore.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Although I joked about him I'm not against offering Redden a tryout and if Stache thinks he can help then sign him to a 1 year deal. Stache has no emotional attachment or any false sense of indebtedness to Redden so I'm sure it would be a fair assessment of his ability to help the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad