NHL allows one buyout this season - Redden?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Team 1200 news break just announced that the NHL will allow each team can make one compliance buyout right now, take the cap hit this year, and no hit in future years.

They speculated that Ottawa would be in a position to sign Redden if the rangers elected to buy him out before saturday.

Not sure what I think, other than i'd prefer him to a guy like Lundin or Benoit.

General Granny*

Why?

Lundin has actually been playing in this league the past 4 years and Benoit has been better at the AHL level than him, what makes you think he would be better in those 2?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Team 1200 news break just announced that the NHL will allow each team can make one compliance buyout right now, take the cap hit this year, and no hit in future years.

They speculated that Ottawa would be in a position to sign Redden if the rangers elected to buy him out before saturday.

Not sure what I think, other than i'd prefer him to a guy like Lundin or Benoit.

Has anyone actually seen Wade play in the last year or two? Honest question because i have yet to hear one trusted scouting report on the guy since he was booted from the league, i had heard a steady decline was occuring.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Don't think the Sens would even consider Redden for a second.

Could see him with another team though. Boston maybe.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
This isn't Toronto guys. We don't have the media to make "What's old is new again" profitable.

Also, the following players are never coming back:
Fisher;
Kelly;
Redden;
Volchenkov;
Foligno;
Carkner;
Vermette;
Havlat;
Heatley;
Hossa;
Chara;

General Granny*

From the other thread.

His stats this season.

GP49 G4 A16 P20 -8

Benoit

GP34 G9 A16 P25 +3

Wiercioch

GP32 G10 A10 P20 +13

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Why?

Lundin has actually been playing in this league the past 4 years and Benoit has been better at the AHL level than him, what makes you think he would be better in those 2?

Sean Simpson was talking about how he is in great shape, and is really playing hard in the minors. He is not acting like an entitled jerk, or letting himself go.

That plus his reams of NHL experience would make me enthused about a cheap one year deal to backfill for Cowen. I would hope that he would play with a chip on his shoulder and try to prove that he derserves a second chance somewhere.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
We're technically "in a position" to sign just about anybody aren't we?

Wade was made team captain of the Whale. Which means next to nothing but at least shows he's a respected veteran presence. Other than that I have no idea how he's been doing.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Don't think the Sens would even consider Redden for a second.

Could see him with another team though. Boston maybe.

Not a chance Chiarelli goes near him, the Bruins D for the most part is a pretty physical group and all can skate better then him, it would be a poor match much like Kaberle and Corvo were in Boston. I also think Chiarelli was in Ottawa when Redden started his deep decline, that alone would scare him off being privy to what was going on.

General Granny*

Yeah my bad, I seen him play last season and he looks like a slower Matt Gilroy.

The only team I see him going to is Philly.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Buyout Daugavins ....

Wy bother the early buyouts are for the full amount and count towards the cap and have to be done by Saturday. You mine as well just keep just in case. I think his contract expires this year anyways.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Why are some people so opposed to a tryout? If he makes it, great. If he doesn't he doesn't. It's not like he pulled a Heatley on us.

Radek Bonk is at 969 NHL games played.
Just sayin'.

31/82=38% of a full season
6/82=7% of a full season

Big difference

General Granny*

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
Have it on good authority that the Senators do not have any intention of signing Wade Redden at this point -- despite his history here.

There you go, done.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Those were Redden's stats last season.

It doesn't look like Redden's played this season at all.

He didn't play because he was locked out (The Rangers moved him up, so they could just move him down without a cap hit, or something like that)

Feel bad for the guy, Rangers have treated him like dirt

source

Jul 13, 2008
He didn't play because he was locked out (The Rangers moved him up, so they could just move him down without a cap hit, or something like that)

Feel bad for the guy, Rangers have treated him like dirt

You must be a very empathetic person.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
**** him. He was incredibly soft towards the end here in Ottawa. I'll never forget the faces he would make when the Ducks dumped it in to his corner and smeared him during the SCF.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
This isn't Toronto guys. We don't have the media to make "What's old is new again" profitable.

Also, the following players are never coming back:
Fisher;
Kelly;
Redden;
Volchenkov;
Foligno;
Carkner;
Vermette;
Havlat;
Heatley;
Hossa;
Chara;

So my dreams of seeing Peter Schaefer suit up once more aren't all for naught?

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
I'm so on the fence with this one. On one hand, he's barely AHL caliber at this point, but on the other, he has history with the team so I think it'd be cool to see him suit up and hit 1000 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad