OT: NHL All-Time Draft

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Tretiak would have to be considered here, no? There’s an argument that he was the greatest goalie of all time...

Since he’s obviously not winning the vote, I’ll take Clarke as well, but I’m surprised I haven’t seen more people at least considering Tretiak...

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Hello from the NYR Boards. Life without hockey's been somewhat boring lately, as I'm sure you're all aware, so I decided to do something to pass the time. Namely, an All-Time draft. The rules of such a draft are as follows:

1. Every team gets a single pick, and the draft order follows the standings as of 3/20/2020 (the first day of the draft), which will be posted in a follow-up post in the thread below. So even if a team traded its 1st Round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, they still get a choice in this draft.
2. All retired/inactive NHL players are considered eligible for this draft (including guys playing overseas like Jagr). This also includes players like Tretiak who never had an NHL career but are hockey legends in their own right. All active NHL players, as well as players whose rights are owned by an NHL team, are ineligible
3. It is assumed that player abilities are "up-to-date" with the modern game, so a player like Eddie Shore who played in a far different NHL will not be at a disadvantage compared to say Wayne Gretzky or Jaromir Jagr
4. All players will be drafted into the organization at the age of 18, similar to the NHL Entry Draft
5. It is assumed that players will have a similar ceiling to during their playing career, and have the ability to reach said ceiling, although this is not guaranteed. Similarly, they are not guaranteed to suffer the same injury woes they did during their career (should that be relevant)
6. I'll give 2-3 days for votes to come in before the next team goes on the clock.
7. In the event of a tie, I will set up a tiebreaker poll
8. I won't set up a starting poll (if one is requested) until sufficient votes have been cast, so as not to prematurely restrict choices

Philadelphia, you are now on the clock with the 26th pick in the 2020 NHL All-Time Draft!

How many rounds are there?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
How many rounds are there?

Initial plan was one, maybe 2 max. This was meant to be an "add a legend or 2 to your team" type thing, rather than a full on draft. Someone on one of the previous boards mentioned wanting to take over if I stopped though.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Donald Brashear all day long, baby.

Way, way too useful.

I was typing out Carcillo. Mainly because I don't know how to spell Ghoulborne's name

Carcillo is another one. I nearly went Cote because he is still possibly the worst player I've ever had to watch. Did was a slower Stewart. And worse at fighting.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
...Mate this has been going since 3/20, and we're not done with the 1st round. I'd like to not be doing this on Christmas
Got news for ya bud

We got plenty of time.

That is fair though. It'd be a great Christmas present to be done though.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They're pretty underrated for a group that shredded the NHL for a bit.

"Yeah, about that ..."

hockey-winter-olympics-usa-mike-eruzione-on-stand-wearing-gold-medal-picture-id997123300

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad