OT: NHL All-Time Draft

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Hello from the NYR Boards. Life without hockey's been somewhat boring lately, as I'm sure you're all aware, so I decided to do something to pass the time. Namely, an All-Time draft. The rules of such a draft are as follows:

1. Every team gets a single pick, and the draft order follows the standings as of 3/20/2020 (the first day of the draft), which will be posted in a follow-up post in the thread below. So even if a team traded its 1st Round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, they still get a choice in this draft.
2. All retired/inactive NHL players are considered eligible for this draft (including guys playing overseas like Jagr). This also includes players like Tretiak who never had an NHL career but are hockey legends in their own right. All active NHL players, as well as players whose rights are owned by an NHL team, are ineligible
3. It is assumed that player abilities are "up-to-date" with the modern game, so a player like Eddie Shore who played in a far different NHL will not be at a disadvantage compared to say Wayne Gretzky or Jaromir Jagr
4. All players will be drafted into the organization at the age of 18, similar to the NHL Entry Draft
5. It is assumed that players will have a similar ceiling to during their playing career, and have the ability to reach said ceiling, although this is not guaranteed. Similarly, they are not guaranteed to suffer the same injury woes they did during their career (should that be relevant)
6. I'll give 2-3 days for votes to come in before the next team goes on the clock.
7. In the event of a tie, I will set up a tiebreaker poll
8. I won't set up a starting poll (if one is requested) until sufficient votes have been cast, so as not to prematurely restrict choices

Philadelphia, you are now on the clock with the 26th pick in the 2020 NHL All-Time Draft!

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
1. Detroit Red Wings- Wayne Gretzky
2. Ottawa Senators- Mario Lemieux
3. San Jose Sharks- Bobby Orr
4. Los Angeles Kings- Gordie Howe
5. Anaheim Ducks- Jaromir Jagr
6. New Jersey Devils- Nicklas Lidstrom
7. Buffalo Sabres- Dominik Hasek
8. Montreal Canadiens- Jean Beliveau
9. Chicago Blackhawks- Mark Messier
10. Arizona Coyotes- Eric Lindros
11. Minnesota Wild- Joe Sakic
12. Vancouver Canucks- Steve Yzerman
13. Nashville Predators- Peter Forsberg
14. Florida Panthers- Pavel Bure
15. Calgary Flames- Mike Bossy
16. New York Rangers- Maurice Richard
17. Winnipeg Jets- Dale Hawerchuk
18. New York Islanders- Denis Potvin
19. Columbus Blue Jackets- Guy Lafleur
20. Toronto Maple Leafs- Patrick Roy
21. Carolina Hurricanes- Ray Bourque
22. Dallas Stars- Doug Harvey
23. Edmonton Oilers- Bobby Hull
24. Vegas Golden Knights- Martin Brodeur
25. Pittsburgh Penguins- Ron Francis
26. Philadelphia Flyers- On the Clock
27. Washington Capitals-
28. Tampa Bay Lightning-
29. Colorado Avalanche-
30. St Louis Blues-
31. Boston Bruins-

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I'll update this comment as each new vote comes in, but I can only count it if it's a single player vote (so not "Shore or Harvey" for example). If you're changing your vote later on, that's fine, just make a note of it.

Clarke (10)- DrinkFightFlyers, Captain Dave Poulin, Starat327, Rebels57, Dancing Panther, FlyerFaithful17, GKJ, CanadianSniper, BiggE, FlyersJim
Phil Esposito (1)- Flyers Lurker
Morenz (4) - JojoTheWhale, Wankstifier, Beef Invictus, BrindamoursNose

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bobby Clarke, for sure.

Nice idea here, UnSandwich. For me, this one was probably down to Clarkie and Larry Robinson. Bernie Parent would be close too, but for the fact that you can get a goalie later.

Reactions: BiggE

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Chris Pronger

I like Clarkie, but I think Prongs is better at his position than Clarke was and we can get Clarke in the 2nd round.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Chris Pronger

I like Clarkie, but I think Prongs is better at his position than Clarke was and we can get Clarke in the 2nd round.

If Clarke is available at our pick in the second round ( I would argue the second round at all, but ill be nice here), then all 31 teams failed miserably.

Put me down for a Clarke vote with our pick.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If Clarke is available at our pick in the second round ( I would argue the second round at all, but ill be nice here), then all 31 teams failed miserably.

Put me down for a Clarke vote with our pick.

I'm counting people hating him so much that he won't go in the first 2 rounds unless we pick him.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Tis the biggest reason Hull fell. And yes, Clarke is a scumbag.
tenor.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Clarke is a top 3 TWO-WAY forward in NHL history. He would have won 4-5 Selke's had it existed prior to the 77-78 season, while also being an elite offensive player.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Clarke is a top 3 TWO-WAY forward in NHL history. He would have won 4-5 Selke's had it existed prior to the 77-78 season, while also being an elite offensive player.

You don't need to sell me -- I'm just trying to get a top tier defenseman that I know will by gone by our next pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->