GDT: NHL All-Star Game: Saturday, February 4: 3 PM | CBC, SN, TVAS

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Damn, the players barely move... they just float around.

And what are those atrocious pink jerseys?
It’s a sign of why the sport is a joke lmao, I don’t even know what your talking about because I would never watch the lameness that is the ASG, but they probably think they’re so ahead of the times wearing hideous jerseys.

It’s like baby blue, what the hell is going on with these designers. I ain’t trying to watch some cuddly looking dudes skate around. Got ‘‘em looking like Disney princesses out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Svart

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Pastrnak and Dahlin pissed off at Suzuki because he can't cycle to save his life.
1NDhvsH.png

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
2nd game was the best, at least both teams were trying.
Fall Out Boy was fine.
A+ for Larkin's effort.
That is all.

Now let's get ready for the Habs game in 40 minutes :sarcasm:

Reactions: GobigorGohome

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seeing Brady at this event is a reminder that we f***ed up so badly in 2018. At least we got Romanov that got us

Yess, acquire Dach it's such amazing to have a player like that, he show flashes of a Getzlaf style player this season and i'm 100% confident that Slafkovsky is going to develop into a beast! Habs are in good shape with Suzuki, Caufield, Dach and Slafkovsky. Adding potentially a really good offensive player aswell with their 2023 pick.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'll say this about TVA Sport but when they cover sport, they really cover it. As soon as the game was over Sportsnet was gone. Whereas TVA Sport is still going at it talking about the event and other things. They even showed Elizabeth Rancourt❤️ falling into water cause of Fichaud and Lalime.

Andy and Renaud can't make one good question up and they had Louis Jean.

Was Louis Jean there? Seems like it's been a while since I've seen him.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'll say this about TVA Sport but when they cover sport, they really cover it. As soon as the game was over Sportsnet was gone. Whereas TVA Sport is still going at it talking about the event and other things. They even showed Elizabeth Rancourt❤️ falling into water cause of Fichaud and Lalime.

Louis Jean was more or less fired

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Wait, what? Why? He was the best thing they had. My mom is gonna be sad about it. lol

Louis and TVA have said nothing about it.. but he's been replaced by Elizabeth Rancourt since December. He's no longer part of any show.

• Wow

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Louis and TVA have said nothing about it.. but he's been replaced by Elizabeth Rancourt since December. He's no longer part of any show.

I just tried to do some research on Google and it's like nobody knows what happened. No one in the press, Louis Jean himself and all his colleagues at TVA have not say a word. The only thing to go for is that I have found a thinny thing about rumour that he got into a conflict with someone at TVA Sport and TVA chose the other person over him.

The only thing that may explain things is that the show that Dave Morisette and Elizabeth Rancourt were doing every night will now only be after Habs games and that now Elizabeth replaces Louis Jean.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just tried to do some research on Google and it's like nobody knows what happened. No one in the press, Louis Jean himself and all his colleagues at TVA have not say a word. The only thing to go for is that I have found a thinny thing about rumour that he got into a conflict with someone at TVA Sport and TVA chose the other person over him.

The only thing that may explain things is that the show that Dave Morisette and Elizabeth Rancourt were doing every night will now only be after Habs games and that now Elizabeth replaces Louis Jean.
The situation is odd. You’d figure that someone would spill the beans by now, esp. that Quebecor has a lot of enemies.

Louis Jean himself has not posted anything on his Twitter account since last December 15th however, that account continues to exist under the TVA banner.

There has been no official announcement as to whether he chose to leave or if he was terminated. Latest gossip is from ex-disgraced pundit Tom Lapointe, who claims that Louis Jean decided to part ways, as quoted at this link:

About a month ago, TVA simply announced that Elizabeth Rancourt was hosting the weekend Habs post-game show, while adding that those affected by the stated programming changes would be assigned to other Spanre productions, without naming anyone, nor providing further details.

It continues to be a murky fallout that may hide a far bigger story but no one is getting to the bottom of it so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019

edit: the news is already posted

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And what are those atrocious pink jerseys?
I hope Gary and members of NHL’s Board of Governors have been canvassing how other leagues have been designing their jerseys.

Like the ones that teams wear in the Italian volleyball super league, where there are more ads than jersey thread:

Perugia_gruppo_esultanza_volley_web_2021.jpg

C’mon Gary, we know you really want to pay homage to your corporate sponsors.

• Wow
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I hope Gary and members of NHL’s Board of Governors have been canvassing how other leagues have been designing their jerseys.

Like the ones that teams wear in the Italian volleyball super league, where there are more ads than jersey thread:

Is there actually a major league volleyball league? Good for them but that's funny.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Im old....and back in the day the allstar weekend was a chance to see players that you dont get to see on TV compete.....it was special and very entertaining....nowadays you see these guys play whenever you want.....for me I dont even watch anymore....its tom foolery....not allstar hockey.....my two cents.

Reactions: Kimota

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The event and games aren’t great but another big issue is simply the NHL sucks at marketing and promoting their stars. Even within our own fanbase, you’ll have people shouting it’s all about the crest.

Me personally, I don’t know why it can’t be both. That said, stars and superstars need to be more on the forefront to get fans excited.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The event and games aren’t great but another big issue is simply the NHL sucks at marketing and promoting their stars. Even within our own fanbase, you’ll have people shouting it’s all about the crest.

Me personally, I don’t know why it can’t be both. That said, stars and superstars need to be more on the forefront to get fans excited.

they turned it into a carnival event that does not market the players any better than it did 30 years ago. Shooting surfboards and Golfing with hockey sticks? What a mockery of such a beauftiful sport. You think the NFL would let quarterbacks throw footballs 60 yds in a Closest to the pin event? If they want to market the stars, maybe they should start listening to them and improving the game the rest of the year instead of demolishing it this one awful weekend. That includes ditching the shootout, let them play 3 on 3 and bring back tie games. Return to 1-8 playoff format, not this stupid division garbage that allows awful teams to the post season. Maybe they can figure out offsides and conistent reffing allong the way as well.

Imagine Lebron James asked to throw a basketball at a surfboard for a skills competition? lol

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
they turned it into a carnival event that does not market the players any better than it did 30 years ago. Shooting surfboards and Golfing with hockey sticks? What a mockery of such a beauftiful sport. You think the NFL would let quarterbacks throw footballs 60 yds in a Closest to the pin event? If they want to market the stars, maybe they should start listening to them and improving the game the rest of the year instead of demolishing it this one awful weekend. That includes ditching the shootout, let them play 3 on 3 and bring back tie games. Return to 1-8 playoff format, not this stupid division garbage that allows awful teams to the post season. Maybe they can figure out offsides and conistent reffing allong the way as well.

Imagine Lebron James asked to throw a basketball at a surfboard for a skills competition? lol

The marketing I was referring to is more of a general, all-season comment as opposed to finding ways to market players at thr event, having them doing cringy pre-recorded “acting” and other nonsense.

So yes, I essentially agree with you.

Reactions: Habs and Runner77

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Did you see the Guns on David Amber.?
At least Fallout Boy put on a good show .Way better than watching half dressed land whales twerking around and dropping the F bomb ever other word .

Reactions: Disturbed1

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS

Wonder where they would put ads on Women's beach volleyball?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad