GDT: NHL All-Star Game: Saturday, February 4: 3 PM | CBC, SN, TVAS

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
One of my favorite event from the league. Nothing but great memories throughout the years.

I really appreciate the skills competition. However, I wish they would have less gimmicky contest. They should bring back the elimination shootout.

Should be a fun weekend. Perhaps the last time we see Crosby and Ovechkin at the All-Star.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I haven't watched an all star weekend or all star game in years. I won't start now.
Same here. We have plans both evenings anyway, but I wouldn't watch even if we didn't. Same with the NFL Pro Bowl.

I think the only time I really enjoyed an All Star Game was back in 1980, when I actually attended the game at Joe Louis Arena with my dad. It was Gordie Howe's final appearance, and Wayne Gretzky's first.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I haven't watched an all star weekend or all star game in years. I won't start now.

I haven't watched since Larry Robinson won the accuracy competition and Roy was stealing the show, entire weekend is boring and the game is brutal.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The NHL is stupid to schedule their all-star game during the same week of the NFL Pro Bowl.

No one cares about the Pro Bowl or the NHL all-star game, but if you wanna get more NHL coverage, maybe do a rivalry week or get McDavid up head to head against Jack Hughes?

Market your f***ing stars while America has nothing to watch.. don't throw a shitty all-star game week while there's no other sports but the NBA on.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
You guys should have watched 2009 in MTL it was epic. We voted in a bunch of guys including Komisarek ( who tanked us by leaving for Toronto LOL in retrospect we dodged a bullet, thanks Mike) The last great all star game they have been trying to recreate the magic ever since with baby Gaudreau/Voracek or Laine/Marner showing up with costumes.

1st crazy breakaway challenge led by peak Ovechkin. He was waking up from a bender missed 2/3 of his shootout attempts but still put on a show

49752a56ec096517d51a372566e912c9.jpg

Our boy Kovalev won MVP. Coming off a 84pts season our last ppg forward.

Coach Robidas & MSL were there too

NHL+All+Star+Game+OoCpXwNxipUx.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MarkovsKnee and the

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You guys should have watched 2009 in MTL it was epic. We voted in a bunch of guys including Komisarek ( who tanked us by leaving for Toronto LOL in retrospect we dodged a bullet, thanks Mike) The last great all star game they have been trying to recreate the magic ever since with baby Gaudreau/Voracek or Laine/Marner showing up with costumes.

1st crazy breakaway challenge led by peak Ovechkin. He was waking up from a bender missed 2/3 of his shootout attempts but still put on a show

2009 + the year Subban was there with Skinner as rookies.

I was probably watching a bit more before that too... but since TVA has been owning the rights: didn't watch and will not watch again. I also have other plans.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Great memories, Ilya Kovalchuk forcing Malkin and Ovechkin to become friends. Andrei Markov for the first and only time in his career is smiling and laughing. :laugh:

Alexei Kovalev wearing the C, stealing the show by being named MVP and outshining all the other All-Stars. :bow:

1675442185830.png

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I haven't watched since Larry Robinson won the accuracy competition and Roy was stealing the show, entire weekend is boring and the game is brutal.
I remember being hyped as hell to see if Pat could stop Mario’s breakaways and Bourque’s snap shots. I tuned in again for the 100th anniversary bash, and I have not watched an all star game since. Even the ability showcase is weird.

Reactions: Habs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I remember being hyped as hell to see if Pat could stop Mario’s breakaways and Bourque’s snap shots. I tuned in again for the 100th anniversary bash, and I have not watched an all star game since. Even the ability showcase is weird.

its just pathetic now, some giant marketing event where hockey takes a backseat to the hosting city.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I have not either. I'm done watching guys wearing a cape at the theater so i wont do it for NHL games either. I guess the "best player from each team" event would make sense if it was held october 31st. But as it is it's an event for kids and casual fans. It's boring as hell with players who have no business being there and for the most part nobody give a *** including the players.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just watched Renaud Lavoie interviewing Mitch Marner from ice level and they spent most of their time talking about Marner’s skate design. At several junctures, both looked down to Marner’s skates but Spanre’s camera never showed what they were looking at.

The interview ends, Marner shakes hands with Lavoie and skates away. The camera continues following him over several seconds. But still no shot of his skates. Fail.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
They should do world vs america or smt like that. The little tournament is boring AF.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
If the skills comp was done in a more competitive and less gimmicky way I'd be thrilled.

That said, it's still a fun event for me. I wish players took it more seriously and more players were invited for specific skills. That would make it killer.

Reactions: the

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Michel Therrien reporting from Florida as a Spanre pundit is sporting the same type of char broiled tan from his days as Habs coach.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad