GDT: NHL All-Star Game - January 28th - 3:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Saying qualified experts taught you isn't evidence.

Only to you. You asked me how i know and I told you that's how. People who own body shops and scrap yards ever since you were a kid, they show you everything. Maybe it doesnt qualify to you as evidence since you possibly havent been around people like that at any point in your life.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Only to you. You asked me how i know and I told you that's how.

Dude, to anyone. You're deluding yourself if you don't think that sounds completely made up.

Especially when you don't actually back it up with facts, like why the frame is so poor. This all screams compulsive liar.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Dude, to anyone. You're deluding yourself if you don't think that sounds completely made up.

Especially when you don't actually back it up with facts, like why the frame is so poor. This all screams compulsive liar.
I literally said what makes frames weaker than others...

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
My god it’s time the ASG was put out to pasture. Maybe it’s because I come from a different sporting culture that’s never embraced this circle jerk, but all I’ve seen over ten years has been a pointless waste of time in which the only people that care about it less than the fans are the players.

They really decided this was more worthwhile than the Olympics?

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
May beat mcdavid in points this year

Oh and waS the second closest to mcdavid in fastest skating had he not stumbled at the start he likely would of won.

He was third and was objectively slower than McDavid at every comparable stage of the lap - it's easy to check by frames.

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Lol wow , way to jump to conclusions. I know how frames work for the most part cause I've been taught about frames from qualitified people.

Also, im glad youre proud of your Honda. Its a low end car, my issue wasn't with the drivers or owners. My issue is the Nhl should have better sponsors at this point.

Sorry but I have to jump in here. There is absolutely no way you would know how good a frame is by just looking at it. All modern car frames are multi material, with specific sheer points and built to a level that litterally crush cars of years past.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...MQwqsBCDcwAw&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

If you are talking about rigidity for performance, that also has improved leaps and bounds with current tech. Experience with junk yard frames is nearly irrelevant to new frames in 2018.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im confused someone is against anaheim winnipeg and st louis getting all star game but perfectly accepting of sanjose?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
My god it’s time the ASG was put out to pasture. Maybe it’s because I come from a different sporting culture that’s never embraced this circle jerk, but all I’ve seen over ten years has been a pointless waste of time in which the only people that care about it less than the fans are the players.

They really decided this was more worthwhile than the Olympics?

They make a ton of money off this. That’s all that matters to them.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yeah god forbid someone be objective and be fair to both sides of an argument.

I am not a Kid Rock fan. I didn't want him to play this event. But I still take grievance with the logic you employed and your continued grandstanding to which you applied said logic. I mean I could get into it with this unnecessary car talk but there's so many parties involved, I don't even want to bother. Just because people weren't lining up behind you doesn't mean those same people are Kid Rock fans.
So you don't want to get into it? Then admit that popularity, however it is measured does not necessarily imply mastery.

Because there are two sides, the right side and yours.

And it has nothing to do with kid rock, it has to do with the assertion that because he is popular that it means he is a good vocalist ( note vocalist, not entertainer, not peddler of faux patriotism). It does not, not then not now not ever.

Don't like it? Take your beef up with linguistic definitions.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Sorry but I have to jump in here. There is absolutely no way you would know how good a frame is by just looking at it. All modern car frames are multi material, with specific sheer points and built to a level that litterally crush cars of years past.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwjq-Onfif3YAhXJ3YMKHeSqCHMQwqsBCDcwAw&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

If you are talking about rigidity for performance, that also has improved leaps and bounds with current tech. Experience with junk yard frames is nearly irrelevant to new frames in 2018.

That's half of what I was talking about. Pm me about it if you want to talk, I really don't want to open another dialogue wifh him.

Last edited:

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Lol most of the people here saying they hate the all star probably still watch it every year and complain still how they hate it lol.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwjq-Onfif3YAhXJ3YMKHeSqCHMQwqsBCDcwAw&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

But qualified people taught him.

That's sarcasm. He was clearly full of crap.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
May beat mcdavid in points this year

Oh and waS the second closest to mcdavid in fastest skating had he not stumbled at the start he likely would of won.

Point was second fastest.

If eichel can keep his head in the game and stay away from floating he could challenge McDavid in points this year, but that's a big if. He's shown progress there but I'm going to withhold judgement until I see it over a full season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
U seen way more mad anytime Boeser does well lol

I love seeing him doing well. Can't have too many great young Americans out there!

He's certainly been exceeding my expectations. Hopefully he's able to keep it up as teams start to iso on him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Gaudreau set Boeser up 1/10th as much as Boeser set him up Brock would have broken the NHL All Star game single goal scoring record. Gaudreau played selfish out there... cherry picking during 3 on 3 in the AllStar Game? Brutal...

Gaudreau's team has made it to the final in all 3 years this format has been used and they've won it twice. He must be doing something right . . .

4g 6a 10p in 3 outings - I believe he leads all players in total 3v3 ASG scoring.

I think he knows what he's doing.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So you don't want to get into it? Then admit that popularity, however it is measured does not necessarily imply mastery.

Because there are two sides, the right side and yours.

And it has nothing to do with kid rock, it has to do with the assertion that because he is popular that it means he is a good vocalist ( note vocalist, not entertainer, not peddler of faux patriotism). It does not, not then not now not ever.

I never said that. One of the greatest musicians I've ever personally seen will never be known by anybody because he decided not to pursue his passion as a career. You're losing track or who is who in this crusade in futility here.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Haven't heard any new Kid Rock stuff but that was pretty good! Definitely the best musical performance in an NHL ASG so far.

The country rap group was decent as well, though a little awkward. I don't remember what Flo Rida did.

I was glad the Pacific beat the Central because the central was extremely boring to watch aside from Mackinnon. Seems like Seguin and Kane always show up drunk to these things and never do anything.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I've been to Anaheim a couple times and thought it was lovely. Then again, I didn't go expecting and hoping to have a bad time and looking for every opportunity to dislike it.

Are you saying you can make a top 50 places in America list that has no crowds, overpriced amenities, or unsavory people? I'd like to see that list.
I'm saying I could name 50 places IMO much better to visit.

Helps to read posts before responding.

Unsavory people are everywhere....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad