NHL 24 Discussion

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I would like to see improved stat tracking within CHEL.

At the start of the game, it might tell you that you have 382 goals, but I would like to see, after each goal scored, updated stats.

Also, when closing in on a milestone, it would be nice if the play-by-play was aware that you are a goal away from 500 or whatever. Sometimes I will see my player having a big celebration after a goal and only when I check after the game do I even realize that I hit a milestone.

As it stands now, it essentially acts like every goal is your first goal. The play-by-play and graphics on screen should be tracking your progress through the year.

Also in CHEL, if you load into a drop in game, and there's an opening at any position, it would be nice to to be able to switch to that position, if you wanted.

Finally, there are a handful of teams that have chosen to invert their uniforms, so their homes are white and their roads are coloured and this can lead to games where it's white vs. white. I wish the game automatically "caught" this and didn't allow for such a match up.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Would love to see the NCAA added to the game now that the NIL is in place.

I expect this game will be on PS5/Xbox X exclusively with a significant change to the engine. It would follow the pattern of what happened with previous console upgrades and would be consistent with what EA is doing with other titles this year.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I haven't played the NHL games for awhile. Have they changed the Stanley Cup celebration, or is the same as the last 10 years or so?

Reactions: B33R LEAGUE

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The fact they havent revealed anything yet, makes me think it will be the same garbage. Back when the game was good they would start showing it off in April because it was actually a good product.
Last time I was actually excited for it was back when they were adding hirable scouts and putting them in leagues and scouting specific players which I believe was NHL 19 since then it's been pretty minor updates to franchise mode but they've also somehow broke the way the teams sim is terrible compared to before( though I didn't get NHL 23 so not sure if that's fixed). Coaches also need a rework pretty badly.

Jysk

Jul 3, 2004
Skellefteå Sweden
Give us full control over the Leauge in franchise mode, ability to change name, height, weight etc on prospects. Frank Ovechkin from Denmark going first overall doesn't really do it for me..
Ability to edit players overall ratings during franchise mode, controll every team with trades and to play games with each and everyone.
They said in 23 you would have total controll over franchise mode, give us that then .
More ability's to edit players equipment, retro gear etc and goalie mask editor .
Give me these things and i would be werry satisfied

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Give us full control over the Leauge in franchise mode, ability to change name, height, weight etc on prospects. Frank Ovechkin from Denmark going first overall doesn't really do it for me..
Ability to edit players overall ratings during franchise mode, controll every team with trades and to play games with each and everyone.
They said in 23 you would have total controll over franchise mode, give us that then .
More ability's to edit players equipment, retro gear etc and goalie mask editor .
Give me these things and i would be werry satisfied

Madden has had full franchise mode editing for years (and recently added draft class editing).

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Main thing I want is a complete overhaul of customization, there are games from like 20 years ago that had sliders for individual facial features, how the hell is a game on ps5 in 2023 still forcing you to choose from generic pre made faces?

Why do we not get to choose pants? I like to tuck my jersey in and do not appreciate these generic noname “pants” with that plain spine protector

Why does choosing a fishbowl or cage mean you need to have a stupid generic noname helmet? Why can’t you have a cage/fishbowl on the same helmets you choose from normally?? Why can’t the fishbowl be a Bauer concept 3 instead of a generic noname one?

Bring back skate profiles, blade hollow, stick flex & curve and make those affect performance. This was a feature like 20 frigging years ago!

Add the NHL logo to the created team jersey instead of having that stupid blank collar

Add different textures to choose from in jersey creation, like so you could have a sparkly outline to the numbers or something or on the jersey stripes like LA/Vegas. All the textures look like some cheap fake leather jersey numbers currently.

Add better customization to the arenas as well, should have it like one of those building sims where you have creative control instead of choosing from a few generic arenas. Allow you to add screens and cool stuff, allow customization of the exterior of the building.

Overhaul be a pro to be like NBA’s or something, be a pro is the most repetitive mode in the game

Stop having the other teams fans boo me every game in be a Pro, wtf did I do? Was I the latest victim of cancel culture? Did I do some Bertuzzi-esque hit that led to me being blackballed? They boo me every arena I play in, I do like the booing you when you injured a guy in that game but they boo me everywhere I go.

Get rid of those damn flashing colors that glitch around center ice in Chel 6’s/3’s

Add world juniors, all star games, skills comp, outdoor games, world championships, maybe even World Cup of hockey/Olympics if they had rights to franchise mode & be a pro

Add NCAA, wish they could add KHL. As well as Russia being in international tournaments. And have real jerseys for international teams.

I’m versus it shouldn’t match you if the other guy chose the same team as you

Last edited:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Some sort of defense ? Like the game is tailored to offense and half the time you can just zoom up the wing and beat the goaltender who can’t save the same 4/5 shots

Sad to say, this will probably never get fixed as long as the douchey social media guys like nasher etc are affiliated.

Ea just showed a clip the other day of nasher vs Brady tkachuk and nasher is out here spamming Lt/back skate etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad