NHL 23 Discussion

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Needs cross play for sure. No reason to not at least have both new gens together and vice versa.
Bags need to be eliminated. Such a pain to open( I have like 400 unopened)
Would love GM connected back but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
For real. It takes way too long to open each bag. There needs to be an “Open All” quick option

Reactions: Mikeaveli

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Who cares about PC no offense. There is barely any market for PC hockey and they barely have enough guys to do a roster update each year and for some guy update the cover with a new number.
Eh, I think the market today is comparable to one of the 4 consoles, can’t imagine each console selling that much either.

Also porting to PC is the easiest port to do, you don’t even need to a proper release just include it in EA play or something.

Also a new Era of PC gaming is upon us, I’d wager that the Steam Deck and the Steam OS will atttact a lot more people to PC gaming over consoles.

I think the reason why EA stopped making the game to PC was piracy and modding… Back in those days, not many people actually purchased their games on PC and gamers actually modded NHL 09 to be better than anything EA did with NHL those days so maybe they didn’t like the competition either.

Things are different now, it would be stupid not to release a PC version not as stupid as not including a cross-play but pretty stupid regardless.

Heck, I’d be happy for a Switch version too! xD

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I hope they just remove the morale system altogether. It's absolutely atrocious and makes no sense whatsoever. Especially chemistry. It's so bad.

I have 4 lines all with at least +1 to chemistry, go on massive win streaks, and team morale doesn't move at all. Sweep the first two rounds of the post season, and my team morale actually went down. I entered the SCF with a team morale of 71%, won the cup in 5 games, and finished the season with a rating of 69%

Absolutely mind boggling.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I hope they just remove the morale system altogether. It's absolutely atrocious and makes no sense whatsoever. Especially chemistry. It's so bad.

I have 4 lines all with at least +1 to chemistry, go on massive win streaks, and team morale doesn't move at all. Sweep the first two rounds of the post season, and my team morale actually went down. I entered the SCF with a team morale of 71%, won the cup in 5 games, and finished the season with a rating of 69%

Absolutely mind boggling.
Yes please. It adds nothing but frustration to the game.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I owned every edition of NHL btwn 1993-2018.

Nothing other than the return of GM Connected would entice me to buy the game again (or even put much time into it at all for free via Gamepass)

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I owned every edition of NHL btwn 1993-2018.

Nothing other than the return of GM Connected would entice me to buy the game again (or even put much time into it at all for free via Gamepass)

Same expect I owned all the game up until 2015. I can't stand the new skating engine and "physics". They're horrible. Feels like you're skating in mud the entire game.

Reactions: MAHJ71

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
gm connected+simple online tournaments with the possibility to play with custom rosters.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA. Never ever gonna happen. But imagine if it would..

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I want online franchise, but EA probably won't put it in because a few people would play that instead of the moneygrab mode.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Probably not much will be different, to be honest. I think they usually start around mid August though. They're pushing FIFA right now.

I wish it would come to PC. Steam Deck and I have to play 13 year old NHL 2K10 on an emulator.

Funny though that the goalies move more realistic in that game lol
I have had a Steam Deck on reserve since September 2021 so there is a good chance I will get it soon. I actually like the older hockey games better then the new NHL games. How well does NHL 2k10 play on the PS3 emulator on the Steam Deck? NHL 2K11 for the Nintendo Wii is an excellent hockey game also that you can play on Dolphin but I have tried playing it on my gaming laptop (although it's slightly old) and it had slow downs.

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
Just tell the game designer to program it as such that the beer boy does not try to sell when there’s a minute left in the third period🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: CartographerNo611

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I have had a Steam Deck on reserve since September 2021 so there is a good chance I will get it soon. I actually like the older hockey games better then the new NHL games. How well does NHL 2k10 play on the PS3 emulator on the Steam Deck? NHL 2K11 for the Nintendo Wii is an excellent hockey game also that you can play on Dolphin but I have tried playing it on my gaming laptop (although it's slightly old) and it had slow downs.
2K10 works very, very well. The only thing I've noticed is the name tags show up black. But I haven't messed with any settings to try and fix it. Just played it at default settings and it just worked.

Maybe I'll try 2k11.

I haven't tried any of the EA games yet.

2K5 also works perfect and is a lot of fun.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
2K10 works very, very well. The only thing I've noticed is the name tags show up black. But I haven't messed with any settings to try and fix it. Just played it at default settings and it just worked.

Maybe I'll try 2k11.

I haven't tried any of the EA games yet.

2K5 also works perfect and is a lot of fun.
Great. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear 2K5 runs really well, That was a great game also.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I kinda wish they just switched to subscription model and had some real impetus to make the game as good as possible. Obviously, it's not gonna happen.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
In addition to my post on the first page, a couple of other things with franchise mode I wish they would fix:

* Add no movement/no trade clauses.

* Improved AI GM's/Coahes. Meaning, make teams better at adressing their actual needs and solving their log jams. So many times, teams will dress a couple of defensemen on their 4th line or a forward on their third defensive pair.

* Improved AI free agents. No one likes Joe Thornton hanging around the minors just because he can. Just let the man retire. The same should go for any veteran who had a decent long NHL career. Give them more "self-respect".

* Fix the inflation of player overalls. When you start a new franchise mode, 83 overall = top 6 forward/top 4 defenseman. But after a few seasons in, teams will have entire rosters, and even a handful of guys in the minors, with 80 overall. I wish the game would balance this out better, so that 4th liners stay in 77-79 range.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
AI should prevent the Bruins from spending 7 million on Jack Campbell and 2 million on Halak when they already have Ullmark and Swayman.

Computer AI makes no sense when offering contracts in free agency, and players like Mangiapane going for 11.5 a season is just straight up crazy. It would be nice if the developers actually played their game, or watched hockey at all before releasing their games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad