NHL 23 Discussion

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Probably not much will be different, to be honest. I think they usually start around mid August though. They're pushing FIFA right now.

I wish it would come to PC. Steam Deck and I have to play 13 year old NHL 2K10 on an emulator.

Funny though that the goalies move more realistic in that game lol

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It's a minor thing, but I will be happily surprised if EA finally fixes so you can move draft picks between teams in the main menu.

I'd also like it if there wasn't seven Norwegians (with North American names) generated into the 1st draft round in franchise mode, or a South Korean or Estonian kid getting picked in the top 5 every other year.

Not keeping my hopes up, though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I've been wishing the same for years now. At this point I'd be surprised by a PC version almost as much as I would be if I'd won the lottery. :(
I think next year is our last chance.

With how huge the Steam Deck is, if they don't make a PC version with the Steam Deck taking a huge part of the market, it'll never happen.

I understand not putting it on Switch. It would play like shit. The Steam Deck seems like a perfect place for NHL.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I think next year is our last chance.

With how huge the Steam Deck is, if they don't make a PC version with the Steam Deck taking a huge part of the market, it'll never happen.

I understand not putting it on Switch. It would play like shit. The Steam Deck seems like a perfect place for NHL.
Why next year ?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Because of the rest of the post? The Steam Deck will be in many hands. If they refuse to acknowledge that, it'll never happen.
Yes, I saw the rest of the post, but the steam deck won't disappear after next year, so I think there is a hope even beyond NHL 24 :)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yes, I saw the rest of the post, but the steam deck won't disappear after next year, so I think there is a hope even beyond NHL 24 :)
I know that. My point is that if they don't care by next year, they never will. It would take nothing to port.

Reactions: filip85

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I still wish they'd let you have GM firing on without owner mode. Franchise is all I play, and I hate playing franchise with owner mode, even if you put that auto owner mode setting on. Plus it makes no damn sense that if you're the "owner" you can be fired, but if you're only being the GM, you can't. It's literally backwards to how it should be and I hate it.

And actual negotiations would be nice, if a proposal was declined, maybe the player submits a counter offer. Or in Free Agency, you aren't locked in to the first offer you make to a player. Maybe they turn around and say "hey this team offered me this much more than you, will you go higher?" Or something. Or at least let us send amended offers, like if we see the day after we send ours that there's more teams interested in said player now, so we can send a bigger offer if we want to lock them in. Or maybe let us set signing bonus or front/back loaded offers that give different percentage chances if they'll take our deal or not, etc.

Just SOMETHING to add a bit more to contracts

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I assume they will start in the next couple weeks to talk about the game. Beta is on the last week of August.

I guess cross play is a pipe dream but that's the one thing in my wish list aside from polishing gameplay, in particular puck protection improvements would be awesome. It sucks that people have to resort to dancing like a ballerina in order to protect the puck because the current animations for that are useless

Reactions: djzbad

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I still wish they'd let you have GM firing on without owner mode. Franchise is all I play, and I hate playing franchise with owner mode, even if you put that auto owner mode setting on. Plus it makes no damn sense that if you're the "owner" you can be fired, but if you're only being the GM, you can't. It's literally backwards to how it should be and I hate it.

And actual negotiations would be nice, if a proposal was declined, maybe the player submits a counter offer. Or in Free Agency, you aren't locked in to the first offer you make to a player. Maybe they turn around and say "hey this team offered me this much more than you, will you go higher?" Or something. Or at least let us send amended offers, like if we see the day after we send ours that there's more teams interested in said player now, so we can send a bigger offer if we want to lock them in. Or maybe let us set signing bonus or front/back loaded offers that give different percentage chances if they'll take our deal or not, etc.

Just SOMETHING to add a bit more to contracts
NTCs/NMC seem like such a basic thing as well. If a player has a NTC, generate a list from the worst teams in the league, Canadian teams etc. Would add so much more depth to contracts.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Who do y’all think gets the nod for the cover this year?

Im guessing Makar. But would love Igor.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
online franchise mode would be a dream idk how this is not a thing yet in 2022 it would be huge
It used to be, check put gm connected that gamemode was amazing but EA removed it due to competing with HUT.

You can shareplay controllers to friends so that you can play together on the same team but not manage other teams like in gm connected tho. It’s not much but it’s something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad