NHL 23 Discussion

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
It used to be, check put gm connected that gamemode was amazing but EA removed it due to competing with HUT.

You can shareplay controllers to friends so that you can play together on the same team but not manage other teams like in gm connected tho. It’s not much but it’s something.
damn so i guess we will never see it again since EA values HUT too much,we have the same problem in Fifa EA puts zero efforts in pro clubs because they only care about FUT

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
It's a minor thing, but I will be happily surprised if EA finally fixes so you can move draft picks between teams in the main menu.

I'd also like it if there wasn't seven Norwegians (with North American names) generated into the 1st draft round in franchise mode, or a South Korean or Estonian kid getting picked in the top 5 every other year.

Not keeping my hopes up, though.
yup, like how hasn't this been fixed at all? Drives me nuts with my OCD lol

Reactions: Leafshater67

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Hoping they could go back to September releases.

In the game i really hope they can redoing the presentation and change the scoreboard to the left corner.

Reactions: LokiDog
Sep 19, 2008
Do we even know any new features for this game yet

The game is coming out in like a month or so. They even put out trailers and info for FIFA and Madden, but nothing on NHL.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Do we even know any new features for this game yet

The game is coming out in like a month or so. They even put out trailers and info for FIFA and Madden, but nothing on NHL.
Month? NHL21 and 22 were released on mid October, which would mean that beta would occur somewhere around late August-early September. Long gone are the days when NHL was released on September.

Sep 19, 2008
Month? NHL21 and 22 were released on mid October, which would mean that beta would occur somewhere around late August-early September. Long gone are the days when NHL was released on September.
even the OP mused on why we have heard nothing yet. WHAT HAS EA GOT TO HIDE?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Still no PC version lol. I wish I could have some insight into the budget and size of the team working on this series
Who cares about PC no offense. There is barely any market for PC hockey and they barely have enough guys to do a roster update each year and for some guy update the cover with a new number.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Not even considering touching another EA NHL game until there is either Cross-play or a PC version (preferably both).
I "got" PS5 alongside with new mobile contract with my operator and I despite still paying for it (for next two years) I sold it after two weeks, simply because it's way too expensive thing to have just because for one game I want to play on it (NHL).
And I simply don't buy that EA bulls*** how there is no audience for hockey game on PC.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Who cares about PC no offense. There is barely any market for PC hockey and they barely have enough guys to do a roster update each year and for some guy update the cover with a new number.

Estimated number of sales for EHM 1 is between 200,000 - 500,000. Add FHM players to it, and those who are refusing to buy a console because of the NHL. As I said in my previous post, I don't believe in "no market for PC hockey".

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Estimated number of sales for EHM 1 is between 200,000 - 500,000. Add FHM players to it, and those who are refusing to buy a console because of the NHL. As I said in my previous post, I don't believe in "no market for PC hockey".
How many people were buying PC EA NHL games when they sold? What 5% of sales? 200,000 sales for an EHM game that has been out how many years? EA sells about 1.2M copies each year.

They arent going to be bringing it to PC. Be happy there are sim hockey games for it.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The game needs cross-play badly. I'm also hoping for a PC port as NHL is the only reason I still bother with consoles. Madden came to PC a year after switching engines so if there was ever a time to bring the series back to PC, it's now. I'm not holding my breath though.
Yep, lack of cross-play killlls the EASHL population. The same game is split among 4 consoles right now, ridiculous.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
How many people were buying PC EA NHL games when they sold? What 5% of sales? 200,000 sales for an EHM game that has been out how many years? EA sells about 1.2M copies each year.

They arent going to be bringing it to PC. Be happy there are sim hockey games for it.
The last game was 09. And it was a piss poor version. Console gaming was waaaaay larger than PC gaming at that time. PC really caught up, hence why they brought Madden back.

NHL still likely has the smallest dev team though.

Reactions: Mikeaveli

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I care because I paid $750 (and more for PS Plus) for a console that I use to play one game lol. Obviously it's not EA's fault I did that but would be nice to be able to sell that and just play the game on PC.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Agreed but it should be cross play between Sony and Xbox. It would be better for everyone and it’s not impossible to do anymore

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Needs cross play for sure. No reason to not at least have both new gens together and vice versa.
Bags need to be eliminated. Such a pain to open( I have like 400 unopened)
Would love GM connected back but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad