NHL 22 Wishlist

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I hate the computer generated names when you get deep into franchise mode. I had to pass on a player named “Tiny McMuffin” to draft someone named Amir Bertuzzi.
On the bright side, you can create a team called "Purple Cobras" in GM Mode. I named their arena The Las Vegas University Learning Annex (technically LVU Learning Annex) and their mascot "Me' Shell".

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I’ve wanted contract clauses for the longest time in franchise mode. It would add sooo much dimensionality to the mode. I feel like it wouldn’t even be that difficult.

Based on their stats, certain players can demand m-ntc, ntc or nmc. Then you have different presets for the clauses. The player maybe blocks trades to all the teams in the bottom of the standings, Canadian teams or completely random.

Having some experience with coding myself I could have a clause system up and running in a day. With a couple of days of dedicated time you could make it pretty good.

Last edited:

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I’ve wanted contract clauses for the longest time in franchise mode. It would add sooo much dimensionality to the mode. I feel like it wouldn’t even be that difficult.

Based on their stats, certain players can demand m-ntc, btc or nmc. Then you have different presets for the clauses. The player maybe blocks trades to all the teams in the bottom of the standings, Canadian teams or completely random.

Having some experience with coding myself I could have a clause system up and running in a day. With a couple of days of dedicated time you could make it pretty good.

do they have that in NBA games? I’ve only played one NBA franchise mode game a couple years back and for some reason I feel like that was in that.

also i know nothing about basketball but was blown away by their franchise mode. It was free on PSN and my friend told me to just download it and try franchise.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
do they have that in NBA games? I’ve only played one NBA franchise mode game a couple years back and for some reason I feel like that was in that.

also i know nothing about basketball but was blown away by their franchise mode. It was free on PSN and my friend told me to just download it and try franchise.
Yeah NBA has had that feature for years. The funny thing is, NBA fans complain every year about 2k not improving. If only they saw the shit that EA pulls on their games.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I’ll call the game successful if they made the simple fix of giving created players a “no play-by-play name” which is something you can do for created teams!

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’ll call the game successful if they made the simple fix of giving created players a “no play-by-play name” which is something you can do for created teams!

Luckily my name is in the game and not used by any current NHLers, which is kind of fun, to actually hear it in the play by play, but I agree that the the option for no play by play name is needed; I've created plenty of prospects who don't have their name in the game and end up with some random or close sounding name and it's annoying.

I really, really just want to be able to stick handle and skate at the same time. It's crazy that in 2021 you have to go into a glide to stick handle. It would make things a lot more dynamic and you could have it so that only the really good players can consistently stick handle while skating without losing the puck.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
- Fix the horrible Defense AI that just charges at you mindlessly every time you touch the puck, it makes powerplay gameplay especially bad.
- Improve goalie AI and animations, NHL 2K8s goalies were far better than anything EA has ever made.
- Fix the horrific slow laggy dogshit menus.
- Generate a picture for fictional prospects or players without a photo. The black face avatar is completely unacceptable and lazy. It's been like that ever since I can remember (NHL 2007), Is 14 years enough time to make a simple fix?
- Generate realistic names for prospects, again easy fix. Also, make sure the proportion of prospects for each region is somewhat realistic.
- Why is it impossible to score a five-hole goal? Again 14 years to figure that one out

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Meh, it's the usual online gameplay test.

The one I deleted after 10 minutes last year. So I assume there's no new next gen engine or anything else new?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Considering this games entire development was during COVID/Lockdowns, I’m expecting this game to be an absolute disaster. Add on the fact that there’s 5 different versions they have to test…yeah. I’ll be shocked if we don’t get a gutted game like nhl 15.

Reactions: mk80 and NZ Hockey

NZ Hockey

Mar 10, 2021
Considering this games entire development was during COVID/Lockdowns, I’m expecting this game to be an absolute disaster. Add on the fact that there’s 5 different versions they have to test…yeah. I’ll be shocked if we don’t get a gutted game like nhl 15.
And what’s sad is that they used COVID as the excuse last year, telling us they couldn’t do much work on 21. Supposedly this meant they were using the time to focus on making next gen 22 as good as it could be. But I’m going to be very surprised if this isn’t another stripped down buggy disaster.

I’d also argue that the COVID excuse is a bit of bs. VFX, animation and gaming are booming right now because so much of the workflow can be managed online/remotely. Plenty of film and tv productions are figuring out how to get it done. Maybe last year EA had an excuse but not anymore. I don’t want to hear them cry COVID if 22 winds up being a letdown.

NZ Hockey

Mar 10, 2021
I hate the computer generated names when you get deep into franchise mode. I had to pass on a player named “Tiny McMuffin” to draft someone named Amir Bertuzzi.
I had the top pick in my D1 year be “James Franco” and in D2 it was “Maxim Smirnov”.

Reactions: Burkeocet

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Who cares?

Is there a new engine? Let me guess. No?

Before they make a new engine the game will be the same shit

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
My expectations for this game could not be lower, and yet somehow I feel like they'll do even less than expected.

Change the menu colours, add a 2-3 dekes, pretend that something was changed in franchise mode (i.e. concessions) and call it a day.

Madden 22 is already looking like a disaster, and I don't see why NHL has any shot at this point. Until the kids stop spending hundreds of millions on HUT cards every year, we're unlikely to get any improvement. Ramjagsingh was in charge of NHL, and actually got a PROMOTION to oversee a few of the EA sports titles. A promotion for releasing the same game every year :laugh:

Reactions: mk80

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
My expectations for this game could not be lower, and yet somehow I feel like they'll do even less than expected.

Change the menu colours, add a 2-3 dekes, pretend that something was changed in franchise mode (i.e. concessions) and call it a day.

Madden 22 is already looking like a disaster, and I don't see why NHL has any shot at this point. Until the kids stop spending hundreds of millions on HUT cards every year, we're unlikely to get any improvement. Ramjagsingh was in charge of NHL, and actually got a PROMOTION to oversee a few of the EA sports titles. A promotion for releasing the same game every year :laugh:

That isnt going to happen as long as EA continues to give tons of free packs to their well known Simps (Nasher, TacTix, etc). As long as those youtube clowns continue making tons of videos of pack openings, 10 yearold timmy will continue to spend $300 to try and get a legendary Gretzky. Its pretty sad and messed up really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad