Speculation: NHL 2021 Entry Draft -- "Don't Call It A Rebuild"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
wonder if this is a move to push buffalo toward beniers or another defenseman...cant blame him if he wants no part of that org

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Beniers is gonna announce he is gonna play for 3 more years too now lol
This just in...

Matthew Beniers: I'm planning to return to college as well

Kent Johnson: I'm gonna follow in the footsteps of teammates

Luke Hughes: I'm gonna follow in the footsteps of my future teammates

William Eklund: I'm signing a 5 year extension with Djurgårdens

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I know money talks, but man, I’d think twice about signing with f’ing Buffalo vs three more years of college.

Obviously 925k will eventually win out, but still…

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Yeah, I’d be very leery of going to Buffalo. They seem like they’ve been in a rebuild for forever now. Wouldn’t want to join that dumpster fire unless they’re literally paying me almost twice what I’m worth (i.e. Jeff Skinner).

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I know money talks, but man, I’d think twice about signing with f’ing Buffalo vs three more years of college.

Obviously 925k will eventually win out, but still…
Yeah, I’d be very leert of going to Buffalo. They seem like they’ve been in a rebuild for forever now. Wouldn’t want to join that dumpster fire unless they’re literally paying me almost twice what I’m worth (i.e. Jeff Skinner).

The problem with signing is that given the RFA rules right now, unless you get traded, youre stuck rotting away in Buffalo for 7 years or until you are 27. If Power signs there by the time he is UFA eligible he will probably have played for 6 coaches and 4 GMs

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The problem with signing is that given the RFA rules right now, unless you get traded, youre stuck rotting away in Buffalo for 7 years or until you are 27. If Power signs there by the time he is UFA eligible he will probably have played for 6 coaches and 4 GMs
The interesting thing about Power is that he's already played 1 year in college before being drafted.

That means he only needs to hack it out another 3 years. He'd be graduating at 21 years old and could go to any team in the league he wants since he'll be the most sought after free agent on the market.

If Buffalo drafts him, I think it's much more appealing being for him to be a 21 year old UFA than a 21 year old RFA trapped in Buffalo.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
It would be extremely bad for the league if this became a thing. See the NBA. Small markets are hopeless keeping their players, it's disgusting. It's starting with Columbus already actually, so if Buffalo is next in 5 years who knows where the NHL is at.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
It would be extremely bad for the league if this became a thing. See the NBA. Small markets are hopeless keeping their players, it's disgusting. It's starting with Columbus already actually, so if Buffalo is next in 5 years who knows where the NHL is at.
Agreed!

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

Here's the thing though, you look at Buffalo and the way they've handled some of their prospects and players and think hold on is this going to stunt my whole career?

That's not the case in, say Ottawa where the team is not great as an organization but players develop well.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If Buffalo has an issue with it, they can fix their shitty organization.

If Columbus has an issue with it, they can fix their toxic locker room and culture.

You can have quality teams in places that aren't as appealing.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

bit different considering Buffalo has been a tire fire for a decade now. Also the players are walking away from money so it is a risk on their part as well

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

If Columbus has an issue with it, they can fix their toxic locker room and culture.

jarmo is reportedly a hard ass during negotiations, wouldn’t be shocked if he loses the goodwill among his players there

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Here's the thing though, you look at Buffalo and the way they've handled some of their prospects and players and think hold on is this going to stunt my whole career?

That's not the case in, say Ottawa where the team is not great as an organization but players develop well.

bit different considering Buffalo has been a tire fire for a decade now. Also the players are walking away from money so it is a risk on their part as well

I get the worry (and it's different with the NHL because you lock yourself in for like 7 years) but setting these kind of precedents is dangerous. Players will push the limit of what's unwanted very fast and who knows where that ends. Player empowerment and entitlement is ruining the NBA right now.

Plus, Id rather have someone that wants to be the culture changer, or at least isn't afraid of his environment, as opposed to blaming outside factors from the very get go. A Baker Mayfield for example. Anyway I suspect 1st overall material sports competitors are this way anyway for the most part, otherwise they wouldn't get to the top of their respective peer age.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

That's drawing definite conclusions based on superficial knowledge. CBJ is now supposed to a toxic locker room exactly why?

I'm a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers as well for decades now just for reference, and all the time I get the 'wow shit organization no wonder everyone leaves' stuff from outsiders who don't follow the inner circumstances of the team. It's entirely perception driven and nothing is ever that black and white. Those takes come across as extremely ignorant and uninformed as well to the actual fans.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
20210614_170746.jpg
20210614_170727.jpg

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Been saying the entire time Lysell isn't going until the end of the first.

The guys a locker room cancer.

Too much misinformation is being spread here, but again #nailedit

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Are there character issues?

From what I've heard it just sounds like he wanted to challenge himself and he's confident in his ability.
Yeah, he was getting like 5mins ice time so told the team he wanted a trade or something is what I heard. Could be confusing that with someone else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad