Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's 6'2.25.

Is that with or without shoes. :laugh:

Whatever, his scoring does not support ranking him at #13. Or anywhere else ahead of Foote, Valimaki, Brannstrom or Timmins. Don't get the love for him at all. Future Considerations has him at 50. That seems more like it.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
With the option to go:
Valimaki
Hague
Salo

I wouldn't be mad.

That would indeed be a nice draft. If the Jets are not high on Valimaki as has been rumoured I'd like us to take Lias Andersson assuming the draft for as per button's rankings.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
That would indeed be a nice draft. If the Jets are not high on Valimaki as has been rumoured I'd like us to take Lias Andersson assuming the draft for as per button's rankings.

ok, so looking for Lias Andersson, I find Linus Andersson.....who's numbers look even better. Hmmmm.

Anyway I've got Dman tunnel vision right now, so really hoping Tnse are on the same page

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada

Where have you seen the rumour The Jets aren't high on Valimaki? I mean, it makes sense, he isn't above 6'4 and terrible

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Where have you seen the rumour The Jets aren't high on Valimaki? I mean, it makes sense, he isn't above 6'4 and terrible

Chevy has made exactly 1 pick that could even possibly fit that description. I guess that makes a preference?

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Chevy has made exactly 1 pick that could even possibly fit that description. I guess that makes a preference?

[mod]

Last draft was concerning. New head scout. For a d"raft and develop" org you can't have bad drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
[mod]

Last draft was concerning. New head scout. For a d"raft and develop" org you can't have bad drafts.

I appreciate it was an attempt at a joke, by why did you think it was funny? Stanley was a consensus 20-25 pick, just because many don't like him doesn't mean it was way off the board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I appreciate it was an attempt at a joke, by why did you think it was funny? Stanley was a consensus 20-25 pick, just because many don't like him doesn't mean it was way off the board.

If they had selected him in that initial spot, it would still be bad. However, trading basically two firsts is inexcusable. Consensus shouldn't matter. Take players with upside. His upside is not high. Scouting bureaus are routinely wrong.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If they had selected him in that initial spot, it would still be bad. However, trading basically two firsts is inexcusable. Consensus shouldn't matter. Take players with upside. His upside is not high. Scouting bureaus are routinely wrong.

Question: How can it be basically 2 first. Maybe if it was pick #31, but after that it is really stretching. How many 1st round picks are there then? And how do you know what is upside is? Many very large man take a couple years longer to gain the coordination of smaller people. Consensus rankings are much broader than scouting bureaus and suggests many thought Stanley was worth a late 1st round pick. Most defenseman selected after Stanley had poor D+1 years suggesting the defenseman pipeline was growing pretty dry when they moved up to select him. My guess the Jets saw a very long plateaued tier of defenseman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and saw pick #79 picking a player in the same tier.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

It's a grant McCagg rumour. After seeing the Valimaki spread on the Jets page our media team sure likes him.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
It's a grant McCagg rumour. After seeing the Valimaki spread on the Jets page our media team sure likes him.

this is the same guy that rates Heiskanen at number 2 and Patrick at 3. :amazed:(Also Rasmussen at 7 :amazed: )

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
this is the same guy that rates Heiskanen at number 2 and Patrick at 3. :amazed:(Also Rasmussen at 7 :amazed: )

His rankings have Patrick at 2, Heiskanen at 4 and Rasmussen at 3.
He updates them pretty much every day. I definitely don't agree with them but he does have a few scouting connections. Hard to say if he's onto anything with it.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
His rankings have Patrick at 2, Heiskanen at 4 and Rasmussen at 3.
He updates them pretty much every day. I definitely don't agree with them but he does have a few scouting connections. Hard to say if he's onto anything with it.

Hockey season is over but somehow the rankings can change lol

Whileee

May 29, 2010

How does this false story persist? They swapped a 2nd for a 3rd to move up 4 spots in the first. Looking purely at pick value it was a wash. The problem was the selection, not the pick value.

Jets picked Stanley and Green

Picks at their original spots were Rubtsov and Laberge.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
How does this false story persist? They swapped a 2nd for a 3rd to move up 4 spots in the first. Looking purely at pick value it was a wash. The problem was the selection, not the pick value.

Jets picked Stanley and Green

Picks at their original spots were Rubtsov and Laberge.

Even picking Stanley at our original spot was bad, the fact we lost value by trading up is bad.

Moving up only four spots and losing the 36th pick (where you can get borderline first round talent) is tough for me.

Also, the fact we just got a new director of scouting and they decided Stanley was worth trading up for in his first year is very concerning.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Even picking Stanley at our original spot was bad, the fact we lost value by trading up is bad.

Moving up only four spots and losing the 36th pick (where you can get borderline first round talent) is tough for me.

Also, the fact we just got a new director of scouting and they decided Stanley was worth trading up for in his first year is very concerning.

Agree that the Stanley pick was bad and raises concerns, but they also added Green in the deal, and he has some value. People continue to omit that part of the trade.

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
Agree that the Stanley pick was bad and raises concerns, but they also added Green in the deal, and he has some value. People continue to omit that part of the trade.

At some point, wasn't Green considered a high first rounder...? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not sure.

But I'm not convinced I'd trade Green for the player picked at #36 (Laberge).

Me neither but then again why would we have picked Laberge at 36? There were a number of guys I'd identify as better Jets picks for us that were available.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The Jets scouting staff including Hillier and Chevy visited Tri-City games quite a bit during the later part of the season. I suspect it was to watch Valimaki since Rasmussen was out by then.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I imagine Chicago is only doing this because they are hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad