GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs -MOD WARNING #762

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
If we get 4/8, but win against Detroit, I think we're in. If we lose against Detroit, I think we have to win the other 6 points.

And by "in", I mean third in the Atlantic. Don't nobody want no WC spot.

I think 4/8 with 2 of those coming against the wings should do it for the Bruins I don't see them beating both philly and NYR

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Painful game to watch, but at least Toronto tried. Nice to see Nylander try and help his old buddy from the Swedish league.

Paradox time - both the Bruins and the Wings control their own destiny, because of that blasted game coming up on Thursday. That game is going to be yuuuuuuuuuuuge. Odds are whoever wins that gets the Atlantic third slot.

And the Detroit game will be on
nesnplus-white.png

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Just saw the Habs equipment guy on the bench (Patrick Langlois? ) and started chuckling, thinking of that 9 in a row GIF.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Wow Stamkos out the playoffs

Huge opportunity for Boston now to advance in the playoffs if they get in

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos is scheduled to undergo surgery to treat a type of Vascular Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (called Effort Thrombosis) near his right collarbone, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced today. The procedure is scheduled to be performed on Monday, April 4 by Dr. Karl Illig, Director of Vascular Surgery at Tampa General Hospital. Stamkos is expected to fully recover and he should be able to return to the ice in 1-3 months.

“Obviously this situation is extremely disappointing because I wanted to help my team clinch a playoff spot and prepare for the start of the postseason,†Stamkos said.

“During my recovery I will do all I can to help my teammates, and I hope to rejoin them soon in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.â€

Stamkos will not be available to media until a later date.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=876862

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
And the Detroit game will be on
nesnplus-white.png

Are...you....f$*$)%*$ kidding me?

I mean, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. But all objective data thus far would absolutely compel NESN to relegate the Sox to NESN+....other than the fact that the Sox basically own NESN.

And, oh joy, they've pushed the season closer, with the Seventh Man Award, the car on the ice, and the probable playoff clincher, to NESN+ too. It's like Christmas in April....

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Shocking news on Stamkos.

Pulling for San Jose, wondering if a Nashville loss will mean less incentive for Chicago tomorrow.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Are...you....f$*$)%*$ kidding me?

I mean, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. But all objective data thus far would absolutely compel NESN to relegate the Sox to NESN+....other than the fact that the Sox basically own NESN.

And, oh joy, they've pushed the season closer, with the Seventh Man Award, the car on the ice, and the probable playoff clincher, to NESN+ too. It's like Christmas in April....

sigh

CfFbhzfXEAArR3x.jpg:large

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They always reserve the right to flip-flop, I suppose. I mean, looking at it statistically, 18 out of 30 teams already know whether they're in the playoffs for sure. And probably another 5 or 6 will know by Thursday. So, I suppose it's not unreasonable to tentatively have the Sox opening series and opening weekend games on the big channel.

And it's still possible that our regular season closer will be a burn-off game, where our position is locked. Can't be too mad at NESN wanting to shout from the rooftop that baseball is back.

Then again, they've been doing it since at last January. Pretty sure they posted "Only XXX days till next season" in October.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They always reserve the right to flip-flop, I suppose. I mean, looking at it statistically, 18 out of 30 teams already know whether they're in the playoffs for sure. And probably another 5 or 6 will know by Thursday. So, I suppose it's not unreasonable to tentatively have the Sox opening series and opening weekend games on the big channel.

And it's still possible that our regular season closer will be a burn-off game, where our position is locked. Can't be too mad at NESN wanting to shout from the rooftop that baseball is back.

Then again, they've been doing it since at last January. Pretty sure they posted "Only XXX days till next season" in October.

The ONLY time the Bruins get bumped ahead of Sox is the playoffs. NESNplus is pretty universal now so it isn't a big deal.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Pretty scary when Detroit keeps scoring **** goals like the Tatar one against the Wild and the GWG tonight. Tuukka better not get caught sleeping.

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Wow Stamkos out the playoffs

Huge opportunity for Boston now to advance in the playoffs if they get in

The door is totally wide open now!

Detroit's other 2 games are against playoff teams (PHI & NYR). After Chicago, ours are against CAR & OTT. And we get to be well-rested when we play DET while they have an 8:00 PM start time the night before. There's a great chance we'll face TBL 1st round.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
We can catch the islanders too. They still have to play

Lightning
@Caps
@Rangers
Sabres
Flyers

I think they lose 4 of those.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Shocking news on Stamkos.

Pulling for San Jose, wondering if a Nashville loss will mean less incentive for Chicago tomorrow.

Yup no Keith

Chicago has nothing to play for

Hopefully noon game they go through the motions hoping to just stay healthy

They are locked into the 3 spot in the Central

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I'm actually pretty bummed about Stamkos. I've been a fan of his since his days in Sarnia and really fell in love with him when he took that Boychuk slap shot to the face.

My girlfriend is even more upset, she's a huge Lightning fan and with them losing Stralman and now Stamkos they're in trouble come playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad