GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Terrible news about McDavid. I tried to catch him whenever I could perusing games, and he was electric.

Condon looks solid for the Habs. We may not get Price, but may still have our hands full. And is Weise now a goal scorer?

After a miserable first three games, the Kings figured things out in a hurry. Lucic is looking better, too.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The way some people are acting you'd think McDavid was done for the season. A collarbone is way better than a femur.. yeesh.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Terrible news about McDavid. I tried to catch him whenever I could perusing games, and he was electric.

Condon looks solid for the Habs. We may not get Price, but may still have our hands full. And is Weise now a goal scorer?

After a miserable first three games, the Kings figured things out in a hurry. Lucic is looking better, too.

I watched the game the other night against CHI and he (17) looked OK, but it appeared as if Kopitar and Toffoli were doing most of the work?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, big blow to EDM's attempted return to respectability. McJesus actually made Pouliot look like an NHL player. Looks like they finally got one of those 1st overalls right? (Hall is pretty good too ;))

probably wont be getting that Edmonton second rounder next draft but Dom says you want the 2017 it looks like it may be better

me and Pocket Rocket watching Seguin last night (had we had that in 2013 we not only would have won the Stanley Cup but probably in 3 games with Chicago crying uncle after game 3) agreed he is better than Hall at this point. Hall may be a better fit for Boston though. Seguin is like an eel the way he moves around- and he finds space and is deadly.

It's easy now to say I hated the trade but he was no where near this guy- still you can dream watching that performance he is so offensively skilled.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
probably wont be getting that Edmonton second rounder next draft but Dom says you want the 2017 it looks like it may be better

me and Pocket Rocket watching Seguin last night (had we had that in 2013 we not only would have won the Stanley Cup but probably in 3 games with Chicago crying uncle after game 3) agreed he is better than Hall at this point. Hall may be a better fit for Boston though. Seguin is like an eel the way he moves around- and he finds space and is deadly.

It's easy now to say I hated the trade but he was no where near this guy- still you can dream watching that performance he is so offensively skilled.

When they were drafted I said that eventually Seguin would be better than Hall, and I believe he is at this point, but I have also never heard any off-ice stuff about Hall and would love to see him on the B's someday. He would be beloved here IMO because of his scoring ability (obvious), but also because of how hard he goes to the net.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The way some people are acting you'd think McDavid was done for the season. A collarbone is way better than a femur.. yeesh.

I'm undecided on the fighting debate, but have definitely noticed a lot more boring games (at least to me) since the 'truculence' has been scaled back. If the league is going to move in a kinder, gentler direction, it will need something exciting it can hype - like McDavid.

Him being out a couple of months is not good for the league.

I watched the game the other night against CHI and he (17) looked OK, but it appeared as if Kopitar and Toffoli were doing most of the work?

Just my $.02, you are absolutely correct, he's benefiting from good line mates on a strong team. He does look slow, especially on the back-check. But - he is making good things happen and seems to be slowly developing chemistry.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Yeah, big blow to EDM's attempted return to respectability. McJesus actually made Pouliot look like an NHL player. Looks like they finally got one of those 1st overalls right? (Hall is pretty good too ;))

Same with Yakupov. Was completely carrying what would otherwise be a crappy line at age 18, McDavid the real deal and then some. It is too bad he is out.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

Haha good watch, although I cannot stand that woman. She is unlistenable (see what I did there :naughty: )

ps. He gets a bad name for how he acts with his money etc but good on him, hes living the dream.

And id love to see him drop them with Wheeler or Ladd :laugh: haha I think there was bigger problems in Winnipeg than his clothes being thrown in the shower :laugh:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, how dare that team 2 points out of a playoff spot with tons of young talent that's only getting better and about to get Eberle back think about the playoffs?

Honestly - I think there's more of a chance that this will happen:

Peter Chiarelli stepping up the microphone and after thanking the Sabres organization and fans for being great hosts and then congratulating the Boston Bruins for winning the 2015 Stanley Cup then going on to say " And with the #1 pick in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft The Edmonton Oilers are proud to select......

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The new Wings arena is going to be a palace

635822289991312743-gondola.jpg

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/11/04/detroit-new-arena-red-wings/75146890/

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

What Seguin didn't get to show while in Boston was his puck anticipation skill and hound dog puck pursuit.

Edmonton picked the wrong guy and not because of better fits but talent. I strongly believe that Seguin is the better player. Granted I don't like Hall's style, he is like a gun slinger with no gun belt.

After the initial bang there is not much to go around. Seguin makes his team better.

Just my opinion.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What Seguin didn't get to show while in Boston was his puck anticipation skill and hound dog puck pursuit.

I do believe you are the first person in history to substitute the words "hound dog" for "lack of" in a sentence that mentions "Tyler Seguin" and "puck pursuit". Seriously, Tyler Seguin is a superstar, and rightfully so for his speed, shot, vision, etc., but puck pursuit? Really? :shakehead

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Edmonton picked the wrong guy and not because of better fits but talent. I strongly believe that Seguin is the better player. Granted I don't like Hall's style, he is like a gun slinger with no gun belt.

After the initial bang there is not much to go around. Seguin makes his team better.

Just my opinion.

WTF is a "gun slinger with no gun belt"?

Hall: 312gp, 112g/167a, .89 ppg

Seguin: 367gp, 138g/164a, .82 ppg

While I do think Seguin is the better player (if only for his durability), I love Hall as well. If I had a criticism of Hall, it's that his body cannot support his "drive the net" style of play. Please elaborate your assertion that Seguin "makes his team better", and from the way you say it, that Hall does not. Interested in your thought process.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
WTF is a "gun slinger with no gun belt"?

Hall: 312gp, 112g/167a, .89 ppg

Seguin: 367gp, 138g/164a, .82 ppg

While I do think Seguin is the better player (if only for his durability), I love Hall as well. If I had a criticism of Hall, it's that his body cannot support his "drive the net" style of play. Please elaborate your assertion that Seguin "makes his team better", and from the way you say it, that Hall does not. Interested in your thought process.

Joe, there's no point using stats here. Everybody else will just throw the weak argument of "only cracked 60 points once in his career". The dude definitely has an injury history and its due to how he plays, but he is very much the player that Seguin is, and it frankly frustrates the hell out of me when people say otherwise.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Patrick Kane will NOT face charges.

http://www2.erie.gov/da/index.php?q...tatement-regarding-patrick-kane-investigation

Our prosecution standard is proof-based and has been stated on many occasions: consistent with the discretion afforded to the District Attorney under the law, we prosecute when the credible evidence, likely admissible in court, proves a crime was committed and proves the accused committed it.

The totality of the credible evidence -- the proof -- does not sufficiently substantiate the complainant’s allegation that she was raped by Patrick Kane and this so-called “case” is rife with reasonable doubt. Accordingly, the Office of the Erie County District Attorney will not present this matter to an Erie County Grand Jury.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Given the depth of this season's rookies it might be enough to take him out of the Calder race.

It also may take some time to get back into game shape but he will still have the last half of the season to produce.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Its November 5.

No time like the present.

11. Regular readers of this blog know I keep special track of the standings on Nov. 1.

Starting in 2005-06, only five teams out of 44 have recovered to make the playoffs when at least five points out of the playoffs after games played on that date. Last year’s group went 0-for-4.

This season’s contenders are Anaheim, Colorado, Columbus and Toronto. (Buffalo, Calgary and Edmonton were all within four points of third place in their division.) In the Pacific, Anaheim is your best wager to beat the odds.

Friedman's 11th thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad