GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
OK - The Buffalo News is saying the Patrick Kane case is done with.

No 'He said - She said' posts will be tolerated. Keep any comments hockey related.

Kane unlikely to face criminal charges in rape case, sources say

Nearly three months after a local woman told police that Patrick Kane raped her in his Hamburg home, it appears no criminal charges will be filed against the Chicago Blackhawks hockey star, according to three sources closely familiar with the investigation.

Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III declined to discuss his plans for the case, but other sources said doubts have emerged about the woman’s allegations and make criminal prosecution highly unlikely.

The three sources also said they do not believe the case will be presented to a grand jury.

“This case is going nowhere,†one knowledgeable source told The Buffalo News when asked about the possibility of criminal charges.

“I was told … the case will be administratively dismissed†without being presented to a grand jury, a second knowledgeable source added.

Sedita – who is expected to win a seat as a state judge in an election Tuesday when he faces no opposition – declined to say whether he will present the case to a grand jury, or whether he intends to file criminal charges against Kane.

“I am waiting for the investigation to be completed to my satisfaction,†Sedita said, “and to confer with the assigned prosecutor, who is on her vacation six time zones away, before announcing anything further.â

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
At their current pace Anaheim will need almost half the year to score as many goals as the Bruins have in 10 games.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu · 26m26 minutes ago
#Habs announce Carey Price has a lower body injury. Dustin Tokarski recalled from AHL.

Interesting development for the Habs.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Does anyone know why every piece of Canadiens news is the top story on NHL.com? I know that in the grand scheme of the universe it's completely meaningless, but it keeps nibbling at me :laugh:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is not a minor injury

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/canadiens-carey-price-sidelined-with-lower-body-injury

The Canadiens announced on Sunday morning that goaltender Carey Price will be out for a week with a lower-body injury and that Dustin Tokarski has been called up from the AHL’s St. John’s IceCaps.

The Canadiens play the Winnipeg Jets Sunday night at the Bell Centre (7 p.m., SN1, SN360, RDS, TSN Radio 690). The game marks the start of a four-game homestand for the Canadiens with the Ottawa Senators visiting the Bell Centre Tuesday, followed by the New York Islanders on Thursday and the Boston Bruins on Saturday. Price will miss all four games.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I was actually confident of beating the Habs with Price, now we all know if we beat them all we'll get is 'its cos Price was out'

t this point I dont care, ego can sod off i just want the points!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I hate the Habs goal horn.

I was hoping Winnipeg would play the Habs tough tonight but so far it is all Habs.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hopefully Anaheim starts to find their game, San Jose can't be a playoff team, shame that their division has been this weak so far.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Hopefully Anaheim starts to find their game, San Jose can't be a playoff team, shame that their division has been this weak so far.

The Ducks are too good not to rebound. A coaching change might be needed, but I expect Anaheim to make the playoffs.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Anyone know much about the Habs backup? It will be weird to face the Habs without Price.

For the Habs sake they better hope Price's injury isn't bad. Habs aren't a bad team but they will fall fast to the middle if Price isn't healthy.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Anyone watching the Stars/Leafs game?

I'm trying to figure out how the Leafs are ahead given the shot totals. Is Reimer standing on his head or are the shots not high percentage shots?

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
He's made some really great saves and been pretty lucky too.

Kadri needs to be beaten for his antics. This guy is an embarrassment to the NHL. He grabs the defender's stick, spins and falls to the ice immediately upon contact. The referees have called three penalties because of his theatrics but not one on him for embellishment.

I'm trying to figure out how the Leafs are ahead given the shot totals. Is Reimer standing on his head or are the shots not high percentage shots?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He's made some really great saves and been pretty lucky too.

Kadri needs to be beaten for his antics. This guy is an embarrassment to the NHL. He grabs the defender's stick, spins and falls to the ice immediately upon contact. The referees have called three penalties because of his theatrics but not one on him for embellishment.

I hate player created penalties (the totally fake ones especially). Kadri has always been a bit of diving weasel so I'm not surprised.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

They usually get outshot and outpossessed loads all season, and win lots of games in the beginning despite this (like the Habs), but then collapse in December or January and onwards.

To be fair they've lost several games where they outshot their opponent by wide margins this season, but then I think two of those were against the Habs...

jdz

May 22, 2013
Dale Weiss has 7 goals already in 14 games.

Just flat out one of the worst stats ive read ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad