NHL 1st Overall slogan

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Alexis LaFreniere will be a Detroit Red Wings.

Tank slogans kind of died once the lottery came in. Having the worst record in NHL history doesn't even mean you get a top 3 pick.
They are? I still see tank slogans a ton since the current lottery system have been introduced.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Alexis LaFreniere will be a Detroit Red Wings.

They are? I still see tank slogans a ton since the current lottery system have been introduced.

I'm just saying that at this point it is more of a joke than a real thing because ultimately, tanking has no reward anymore. Back in the hayday of this stuff, it actually meant something.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
As much as I love the moves NYR made, I would loved to grab Lafreniere. I think we'll fall back into a meh pick range, unless we luck out with the lottery, or one of our players gets traded and that team bombs.

Same. i expect a finish in the 8-12 range, unless we get more lotto luck. But at that range, with the supposed depth of this class, i expdect a player taken in that range in 2020 is like getting a 5-ish pick in other draft years. I'd be quite happy getting an Turcotte/Cozens level player next draft.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
This kid's going to be a superstar, Wherever he goes the team that gets him will be quite glad with him. So to the bottom teams in the league I say play like your heads are in your derriere for Lafreniere.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Hard to match the simple elegance of "Fail for Nail" or "Play Bad for Ekblad" for this one but how about...

"Despair for Lafreniere" or "Go Nowhere for Lafreniere." Depending how strict our rhyming rules are: "win less(or 'winless') for Alex," or "try less for Alex." I don't know, this is a tough one.

Reactions: My3Sons

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
On finit en dernière pour Lafrenière.

AKA, we're finishing in last (place) for Lafrenière.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00