NHL 17 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Just hope that the custom teams isn't just for EASHL, but for offline modes too.

Looks like there are 13 options for relocation. That's quite a bit.

No Jagr for Team Czech Republic? :shakehead

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Just hope that the custom teams isn't just for EASHL, but for offline modes too.

Yeah I hope there are options for that, if we want to add the expansion teams.

13 relocation spots? I like that they're giving us a lot of options instead of only 2 or something, lol.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

Jagr has yet to decide whetever he will play there or not. Otherwise he would be there instead of Voracek probably.

That trailer looks promising.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Jagr has yet to decide whetever he will play there or not. Otherwise he would be there instead of Voracek probably.

That trailer looks promising.

It does, but knowing what EA has brought out the last two games, i'm not going to get my hopes too high because of a minute and a half trailer that doesn't even show the game half the time. :laugh:

Though I do like what I saw in the brief glances of things. I know they probably don't want to reveal too much just yet.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It seems they went NBA 2K with their relocation, so that's a major positive.

Hopefully they finally connect Winter Classic and World Cup of Hockey with BAGM and BAPRO

kulenova seka

World Cup of Hockey is nice addition, but predictable because it is under NHL umbrella. Hope for IIHF WC as well.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Yeah I hope there are options for that, if we want to add the expansion teams.

13 relocation spots? I like that they're giving us a lot of options instead of only 2 or something, lol.

yeah. if you look at 0:49 in the video, you can see the little circles, there's 13 of them.

makes me wonder what all the other options are aside from Hamilton, Halifax and Hartford?

Quebec, Las Vegas, Seattle, Houston, Kansas City, Atlanta, Saskatoon, Portland, Indiana, Oklahoma? Probably reaching with a bit of these but these are the only one's I could think of.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It looks like they changed some menus too. I hope they aren't as buggy.

This relocation thing has me excited. I can finally have a Seattle team and NOT have all the players disappear from the mode completely. :laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
It seems they went NBA 2K with their relocation, so that's a major positive.

Hopefully they finally connect Winter Classic and World Cup of Hockey with BAGM and BAPRO

Would be incredible if they add those into the GM experience. Allow me to move franchises, and edit draft picks names and I'll be elated.

I thought the sliders stunk this year and the GM mode was only average and I played the heck out of the game anyway. Imagine if they actually put out a really good product!! :laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
yeah. if you look at 0:49 in the video, you can see the little circles, there's 13 of them.

makes me wonder what all the other options are aside from Hamilton, Halifax and Hartford?

Quebec, Las Vegas, Seattle, Houston, Kansas City, Atlanta, Saskatoon, Portland, Indiana, Oklahoma? Probably reaching with a bit of these but these are the only one's I could think of.

Some likely choices in there. I think Quebec, Vegas, Seattle, and KC are very possible. I'm hopeful they will have Milwaukee too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder with budgets being included if smaller market teams will have internal budgets that only deep playoff runs can change ownership's mind and decide to spend more, which would make for some creative GM modes.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Facility Ratings:
Concessions
Team Store
Parking Lot 1
Club Seats

Owner personality:
Spending
Importance of Success
Patience

All with ratings of 0-5 stars (Owner Personality+Facility Ratings)

Arena:
Seating capacity
Arena age

Budget:
Player Salary Budget
Arena Operations Budget
Promotions Budget
Marketing Budget

Also cool, "Gold Coach Trade In"

This is much more like NBA 2k which many wanted including me. Will need to see more but they have me intrigured for the first time in years.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Those additions are nice and all but i'm not budging until i see actual gameplay. Give us a demo this year instead of that EASHL beta which hid all the flaws of the AI.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Looks like they might be rebuilding franchise mode from the ground up, which is something that has been needed for years.

Sim wise, at least for the next few years, Legacy Edition will hold up for people who want to stick to the classic 13-15/Legacy edition of the GM mode, so it'll be nice to get a new option in 17.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The additions look promising, but it seems like a lot of that stuff has been in games before. The animation to tie up a player in front of the net was just in the game a couple years ago and then disappeared. It's a much needed addition though. There really was no way to defend in front of the net.

The additions to GM Mode seem most interesting. I absolutely love good GM Modes in any sport and I'm really excited about this.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Whoa.. if you stop at the 47 second mark, it was a career mode thing with Vancouver and has a bunch of different aspects like facility ratings, new budgets and stuff. Check it out yourselves.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that is that it reminded me a lot of NHL 09 where each team had different star ratings for certain team aspects like assistant coaches, head coaches, skating coaches, gym etc. I'm curious if you'll be able to upgrade facilities with this budget implementation. One thing that I'm really curious about is the idea of relocation. I think that has potential. But one thing's for sure, they have to either get rid of the morale or fix it, because that had so much potential and they did a poor job executing on that.

The front net screening was implemented in NHL 13 so that's nothing really new. Safe to say I'm intrigued by these changes, but I'm holding out judgement until I see some footage

Pricey04

Jun 1, 2014
Ohio
Is the jersey creation and arena for eashl????
Is there an option where u can change someone's overall cuz I really would like to see that(atleast I don't think it's on NHL 16):laugh:
And I think they r trying to go off of maddens way of connected franchise(if someone wants to respond cuz that's what it sure looks like..)
And has anyone heard of an online GM/owner cuz I'd really like to see that back

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Is the jersey creation and arena for eashl????
Is there an option where u can change someone's overall cuz I really would like to see that(atleast I don't think it's on NHL 16):laugh:
And I think they r trying to go off of maddens way of connected franchise(if someone wants to respond cuz that's what it sure looks like..)
And has anyone heard of an online GM/owner cuz I'd really like to see that back

Do you mean editing players? Say you want to make Crosby a 98 and you can edit him from a 96? If so, that's in NHL 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad