NHL 17 Information Thread II

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Played 4 games HUT online today. Won 2, lost 2. The one I lost, the other guy was clearly better. Deserved the loss.

The other loss, we were on one level, game ended 6-4 but the other guy got all the 50-50 pucks. It is terrible.

To be fair, I had the same freaking luck aswell on my 2 wins (though, they were still pretty dominant) but I really feel bad for my opponent, when this **** happens to me.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
I traded for Haydn Fleury who is LOW Elite... so if he has a low chance of becoming elite, what will he end up being if its not elite?

Never really got the new projection system TBH.

Low elite potential seems to be hit/miss. I've had Owen Tippett not develop at all and I've had Jake Bean hit 90ovr with 99offawareness

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am so ****ing tired of people calling for the puck from ai goalies to only have the other team get it and instantly put the puck in the net.

You know what. NHL 18 should have it so that if a player calls for it from a computer goalie and the other team immediately gets it and puts it in the net, that player should get instantly booted out of the game.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
^ I think NHL 17 tried to remedy that at least a little bit with players getting booted when their team play score is too low, but it's a pretty sketchy and inconsistent system to say the least.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I am so ****ing tired of people calling for the puck from ai goalies to only have the other team get it and instantly put the puck in the net.

You know what. NHL 18 should have it so that if a player calls for it from a computer goalie and the other team immediately gets it and puts it in the net, that player should get instantly booted out of the game.

That's a bit extreme..

Oh man I had this G running his mouth, talking **** running his mouth about everyone. Up 3-0 in the final minute I decided to turn around and shoot it and him and score :biglaugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That's a bit extreme..

Oh man I had this G running his mouth, talking **** running his mouth about everyone. Up 3-0 in the final minute I decided to turn around and shoot it and him and score :biglaugh:

Disagreed

Just had it happen again. Our computer goalie got it, another player on my team called for it, the other team picked it up and immediately put the puck in the net.

Sad thing is he kept on doing this even after he caused a goal to be scored against us.

So yes, these type of players need to be dealt with.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
They need a viewable team play rating for players. They'll be much less inclined to jerk around online if nobody accepts them on their teams or are regulated to a division of like minded morons every month.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Disagreed

Just had it happen again. Our computer goalie got it, another player on my team called for it, the other team picked it up and immediately put the puck in the net.

Sad thing is he kept on doing this even after he caused a goal to be scored against us.

So yes, these type of players need to be dealt with.

To instantly boot them from the game? It's like saying if a Dman pinches and you get scored on they get booted. **** happens. What I find annoying is goalies who quit (esp if they're on the other team :laugh:) when they give up a goal. I played last night and our G gave up 3 on 5 shots to start the game then I score to make it 3-1. Our goalie was staying and their G quit. So down 3-1 against an AI goalie with us having a human. Pretty much makes it no chance to come back.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Mentioned before that I hate when I can't pick the puck up as a winger when the center ties up, but maybe even more frustrating is that when I do, it often won't let me pass quickly for whatever reason. I find myself repeatedly pressing the pass button, but nothing happens. Especially frustrating when you pick it up coming from off the boards in the offensive zone and are unable to pass to the completely wide open winger waiting for the backdoor pass.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I swear some people need to stop backing out of drop in lobbies at the last second because their are no human goalies on both sides.

The majority of human goalies will quit out during the game. So is their really any point in backing out of a lobby that doesn't have human goalies?

Last edited:

Occults666

Jun 23, 2017
Hey guys I posted a thread in need of some help and figured I'd reply here as well. I was wondering if there was a way in NHL 17 to get 17 year olds like yesterday's draft picks into the NHL. The game says I can only move them to the OHL. I tried creating a custom team to get around the issue, but it doesn't show up on the roster movement screen. Appreciate all the help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad