NHL 17 Franchise Mode

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Has anyone tried playing an 18 year old rookie with a presumed AHL-career ahead of him, with a rating around 65 - on the first line in the NHL for 3-4 seasons, to see his growth?

At least in past gen, absolutely nothing you do effects growth. Once a save file is started, every player is predetermined. When you draft, that player is predetermined.

You can temporarily raise or lower someone's overall with statistical growth by playing them above or below their role.

Maybe they've altered this in next gen.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's ridiculous.. 5 seasons and not one single offer, I legit thought they took it out of the mode :laugh:

Change your trade block so that you want everything and are giving everything away.

I don't know about '17, but if you did this on Legacy or previously, you'd get tons of trade offers, including some really weird ones. Teams will even start asking about players like the Jared Cowen and Colin Greening types who if you offered them to a team in a trade they'd reject due to their salary.

It doesn't help you if you're trying to do something really specific, but if you just want a ton of trade offers, it should accomplish that.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
At least in past gen, absolutely nothing you do effects growth. Once a save file is started, every player is predetermined. When you draft, that player is predetermined.

You can temporarily raise or lower someone's overall with statistical growth by playing them above or below their role.

Maybe they've altered this in next gen.

in next gen players potential can change

for example one time in 16 colton parayko jumped from low elite to low franchise (4.5 red to 5 red) and then grew to a 95 overall. I traded for him, he grew to a 96 and won a Norris.

jamielang

Jun 4, 2017
Moscow
Guys, I can not understand what's happening with the game. I set all the sliders in Career mode, the game became slower, the gameplay became good. But the last few days there is something strange: passes do not pass at all, players make sharp jerks left-right, although I do nothing for this, and the speed of the game became crazy.
After the hit, the player flies very far. The game seems to be out of sync. What is it? How can I fix it?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone, I skipped out on the game this year but will be getting 18.

My memory is a little foggy from NHL 16, but can someone with the game verify if you can do a custom season/franchise mode/league with like 16 teams as opposed to 30?

I want to say you used to be able to do that if you did season mode but I can't remember.

ncoramwx

Apr 17, 2016
MA
Hi everyone, I skipped out on the game this year but will be getting 18.

My memory is a little foggy from NHL 16, but can someone with the game verify if you can do a custom season/franchise mode/league with like 16 teams as opposed to 30?

I want to say you used to be able to do that if you did season mode but I can't remember.

No, you cannot do just 16 teams in a GM mode (though that would be a cool feature). You can do a single playoff sim (not GM mode), however, with fewer than the regular 16 playoff teams.

Last edited:

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
im looking to get back to playing nhl video game

Is there a custom season length for nhl 17 or the upcoming nhl 18?
For franchise or season mode i dont want to play 82 games as i dont have the time for it. Is there an option to shorten the length to like 29 games or something?
I remember nhl 2ks you are able to do that.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
im looking to get back to playing nhl video game

Is there a custom season length for nhl 17 or the upcoming nhl 18?
For franchise or season mode i dont want to play 82 games as i dont have the time for it. Is there an option to shorten the length to like 29 games or something?
I remember nhl 2ks you are able to do that.

There is no custom season length in 17. Why not try simming the games you don't play?

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
There is no custom season length in 17. Why not try simming the games you don't play?

ah i see
i'll probably do that
Its just that i prefer the stats to be all by me and not computer generated when i sim games.

Stlblues98

Aug 14, 2015
So I'm playing NHL 17 as the Carolina hurricanes and I checked the updates to see who was on waivers that had gotten claimed. Then I see players who were put on waivers that weren't claimed that I would of claimed had the notification popped up for me. I checked my salary cap and player contracts and they were both good. However some players that are on waivers show up and I can claim them. However this is more rare then players sliding through. this has happened to serval of my franchise modes.anybody know anything?

Stlblues98

Aug 14, 2015
So I'm playing NHL 17 as the Carolina hurricanes and I checked the updates to see who was on waivers that had gotten claimed. Then I see players who were put on waivers that weren't claimed that I would of claimed had the notification popped up for me. I checked my salary cap and player contracts and they were both good. However some players that are on waivers show up and I can claim them. However this is more rare then players sliding through. this has happened to serval of my franchise modes.anybody know anything?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
just got fired right before the draft after tanking for Dahlin and getting like 10 1st rounders at the deadline. FeelsBadMan.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
In 25/26 Matthews plays the most minutes by any forward or center in the league for computer team.

14 goals, 12 assists after 63 games.

Seems legit.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
This game is so broken. I just swapped the 24th overall draft pick for the player Chicago picked 9th overall in the SAME DRAFT in a 1 for 1 trade...:shakehead

I also had a franchise mode where I was the Maple Leafs and I simmed every game. I tried to tank the first season to get a high pick, but I couldn't get below .500, even if I subbed in the backup. A few seasons later, my overall team scores were 97 offense, 93 defense, 93 goaltending. ~87 team chemistry. Could not stay above .500.... I tried exiting without saving multiple times and re-running the sim... with the same result. Start out strong and just completely flop as the season goes on.

*insert "because Laffs" joke here*

MillanDynasty

Oct 6, 2015
Montreal
Started a Franchise Mode named 'Bergevin' and all I do is basically stay pat the whole year, not doing any trades, not addressing areas of need, hoping they get fixed by themselves.

2027 and still haven't made the playoffs. Everything is going great !

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
This game is so broken. I just swapped the 24th overall draft pick for the player Chicago picked 9th overall in the SAME DRAFT in a 1 for 1 trade...:shakehead

I also had a franchise mode where I was the Maple Leafs and I simmed every game. I tried to tank the first season to get a high pick, but I couldn't get below .500, even if I subbed in the backup. A few seasons later, my overall team scores were 97 offense, 93 defense, 93 goaltending. ~87 team chemistry. Could not stay above .500.... I tried exiting without saving multiple times and re-running the sim... with the same result. Start out strong and just completely flop as the season goes on.

*insert "because Laffs" joke here*

The simulation seems so random. I started rebuilding Detroit and in my second year my centers were Larkin 86, Weal 79, Holmström 79 and Acciari 78. Team was really bad overall. Made the second round. I build a great team and can't get 40 wins. Ridiculous.

MillanDynasty

Oct 6, 2015
Montreal
The simulation seems so random. I started rebuilding Detroit and in my second year my centers were Larkin 86, Weal 79, Holmström 79 and Acciari 78. Team was really bad overall. Made the second round. I build a great team and can't get 40 wins. Ridiculous.

The simulation depends too much on the morale ratings. I've built great teams in my San Francisco Eagles playthrough but I also managed to reach the late 80s, early 90s in morale once and it's with this core that I won like 4 cups in 6-7 years.

The difference between 88 and 78 morale (with the same damn team) can mean the difference between lifting the cup and getting a top 10 pick. It's a really wonky feature that should disappear altogether in the next NHL game.

twiztidwolff

Feb 10, 2017

I would guess you were not the lowest in the standings at the time, and a team lower than you picked them up. I believe that's how waivers would work.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I took all the Vegas players and just threw them onto a random Norway team but when I start a new GM mode, they're still assigned to whatever their old team was. Does anyone know how to get rid of them when I start a new GM mode?

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
I'm about to do the 2018 draft and apparently Joe Veleno is not available to draft. I sort of assumed he'd at least be in the draft most likely a top 5 or 10 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00