**NHL 16 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
^Clearly you haven't been around for the past two releases of NHL when we were all completely correct in being skeptical from a thirty second teaser.

Lol calm down. I'm not saying it's not going to be ****. I'm saying that you should see a bit more of the game before forming an opinion. But you can continue to whine like a 12 year old. EA doesn't owe you anything, and they're certainly not going to care if you don't buy the game.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Lol calm down. I'm not saying it's not going to be ****. I'm saying that you should see a bit more of the game before forming an opinion. But you can continue to whine like a 12 year old. EA doesn't owe you anything, and they're certainly not going to care if you don't buy the game.

Thanks, tips. :sarcasm:

EA is not absolved from criticism and are rightfully being criticized for the lack of progress on the NHL series.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They're not going to care if we don't buy the game? Lol in what world does a business not care if the consumer doesn't buy their product?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
In BeGM mode will I be able to play AHL games? That was a feature I actually missed more than I thought in NHL 15.

NHL 15 and 16 right now don't reflect the abilities of the next gem consoles. EA could make a much better product than they are right now.

I frickin hope so. will be disappointed once again......maybe they are saving it for 2017 for a "NEW" "EXCLUSIVE" feature........

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Thanks, tips. :sarcasm:

EA is not absolved from criticism and are rightfully being criticized for the lack of progress on the NHL series.

They're absolutely not. But I don't know of any valid criticism could form after a 30 second video. Like I said, EA isn't going to waste their conference time on dumb sports games.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
They're absolutely not. But I don't know of any valid criticism could form after a 30 second video. Like I said, EA isn't going to waste their conference time on dumb sports games.

Did you watch their conference? Almost 60 percent of it was devoted to sports games. They even wheeled out Peele for no reason(still trying to figure out the point of that one). They even devoted a segment to draft card features in Madden.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

If EA wants to sell their game for 90$ then they do owe us something. They owe us a good, fun game.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Lol you people do realize that the game is coming out in September right? Not tomorrow. EA still has plenty of time to showcase the game, why would they waste their E3 conference on ****** sports titles? Nobody at E3 cares about the sports games, that's why they didn't spend a lot of time on it. And no you don't write off a game based on a 30 second trailer, that's ridiculous. Especially when they didn't show any of the new features that they announced.

Based on how bad it was last year they should be doing everything they can to make it right this year.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
If EA wants to sell their game for 90$ then they do owe us something. They owe us a good, fun game.

IF we are turning this into a semantic argument, he is not wrong. EA owes us(the consumer)nothing. They iterate on a product that we can buy or not. They owe us nothing and we owe them nothing.

If its a bad product, its OUR responsibility, as consumers, not to buy it.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY

They aren't being criticized for 30 seconds of gameplay. They're being criticized for their constant BS over the last 5 years. The constant lying, manipulating and sneaky tactics they use is getting old. The ball is in their court now. They have a chance to win back the fans who are on the fence and they are blowing it.

No they don't you don't have to buy it.

They don't "owe" us anything if you want to take it literally. But they should care enough to put effort into the game that fans have spent a fortune on over the years if they actually want to run a good and honest business that doesn't take advantage of their customers. I mean, they don't even act like they care. That's really all I ask for.

As for this game, it's looking more and more like I'll pass up on it yet again this year. NHL 14 was actually the best game since they revamped their entire gameplay in 07, 08 or 09 (can't remember which one). After updating the rosters and attributes it will be just like a new game.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'm going to buy NHL 16 on release date. Enhanced GM mode sounds good and all the input I've read from people who have played it seems really positive. I'm even excited due to getting to play eashl again with my friends and on even playing field.

Hopefully they will introduce a feature or two even after release.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
What's the main beefs with NHL 15? I play it on 360 but got an Xbone the other day and have been playing the new gen version from EA Access. I quite like it, though I only played a handful of games.

HunteDxEntitY

Jan 5, 2014
Section 118
What's the main beefs with NHL 15? I play it on 360 but got an Xbone the other day and have been playing the new gen version from EA Access. I quite like it, though I only played a handful of games.

It lacks a ton of features that were standard with the NHL franchise.. A lot of game modes that people like to play weren't included in NHL 15. EASHL being one of the biggest!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

The gameplay is atrocious, from defensive to your teammate AI being awful in positioning all over the ice.

Not to mention the plethora of phantom interference penalties and the CPU barely if ever commits any penalties at all.

Aug 6, 2012
How about the AI players simply responding when there is a bouncing puck or when your player is boardplaying? That would be neat.

Or maybe make it so you can't mash pokecheck. Like make it slow the player down when he is constantly poking and literally not skating.

Make the realistic skating realistic too.

The ability to score goals besides roofing it top shelf would be nice. Would be cool to be able to score five hole.

Make the puck act like a puck, not a bouncy ball.

This is 2015, goalies don't hold there glove like its the 80's.

Give me the option to target which player I want to change to (like in 2K).

Opposing sticks don't break when you stick lift them either.

Please take the 1-4 trap out of the gamer.

The list can go on and on.

I know the dev team doesn't have the greatest funds, but honestly I really question whether they watch hockey or not. Instead of focusing your development on making the game look good and some dumbass visual trainer, fix the damn gameplay first. It's the little things which they choose the ignore that make such a big difference. Its not even hockey.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
How about the AI players simply responding when there is a bouncing puck or when your player is boardplaying? That would be neat.

Or maybe make it so you can't mash pokecheck. Like make it slow the player down when he is constantly poking and literally not skating.

Make the realistic skating realistic too.

The ability to score goals besides roofing it top shelf would be nice. Would be cool to be able to score five hole.

Make the puck act like a puck, not a bouncy ball.

This is 2015, goalies don't hold there glove like its the 80's.

Give me the option to target which player I want to change to (like in 2K).

Opposing sticks don't break when you stick lift them either.

Please take the 1-4 trap out of the gamer.

The list can go on and on.

I know the dev team doesn't have the greatest funds, but honestly I really question whether they watch hockey or not. Instead of focusing your development on making the game look good and some dumbass visual trainer, fix the damn gameplay first. It's the little things which they choose the ignore that make such a big difference. Its not even hockey.

This. The AI is consistently awful, and playing against the CPU is a horrendous experience for people without an online connection because they do so many ridiculous things. The constant o zone backskating and pirouettes are absurd, as is the fact that 4th liners will routinely dangle and snipe like it's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad