**NHL 16 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
What the ****? Toews an 89 and Pacioretty an 87 but Chimera is 84? What world do these guys live in? Thank god they confirmed edit player in at launch; won't mean much for HUT, but at least my GM modes can be legit.

It doesn't matter.
Player ratings mean nothing.

People should also read this article:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...015/06/15/60-things-we-know-about-nhl-16.aspx

"The same scoring tactics from last year – wraparounds, screens, high slot shots – all seemed to still work."

"Board play, face-offs, and passing feel largely the same as NHL 15"

"Player ratings are still sky high, which gives the game very little in terms of player differentiation."

EA's NHL team has so little resources and talent, that the game is simply a rehash every single year.
I think they love it when new consoles come out because they get to reset and provide a new game with 5% of the features from previous gen.
Then they add in 'new' features and proclaim "Hey fans, new to NHLxx, is <insert feature that was around in the PS2 days>!!! Buy the new game!"

Every team plays the same. Every player plays the same.

Toews could be a 70OV player and as evidenced as the video posted above, you and the CPU can still do whatever you want with him or any other player in the game.
So don't fret those meaningless OV ratings. They DO NOT MATTER.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
At least I can edit ratings for GM Mode. HUT is another story.

And if gameplay is the same as 15, the only positive I can think of is that I didn't buy 15 for PS4, so at least it'd be fresher for me than others who bought 15 on PS4/xbone.

Hawkeye71980

Sep 15, 2009
New Brunswick
At least I can edit ratings for GM Mode. HUT is another story.

And if gameplay is the same as 15, the only positive I can think of is that I didn't buy 15 for PS4, so at least it'd be fresher for me than others who bought 15 on PS4/xbone.

They should get rid of boosts in HUT. or at the very least make them more rare.

They also need to get rid of contract cards, or make them less rare.

so to make it easy on them, put more contract cards in packs in place of the dam boosts...lol

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Here's some screenshot that I took during the press conference :)

Team celebration:
http://imgur.com/SFRERCZ

LMAO They look like they are mentally challenged and just all flexing to the crowd.

Seriously...they put in effort for this? How many times will I even see this when actually playing.

Game menu:
http://imgur.com/zIoh46b I really want to know what is on the left side of the screen :o

Maybe just me but I hate the Windows tablet style menus.

HUT: Cards are ugly IMO
http://imgur.com/BIrONOe #PaciorettyThe87Overall
http://imgur.com/yyyjamf
http://imgur.com/F4svVXc Is that Toews as the 3rd line center? If it is, he is only 89 overall

Don't care about cards, as I don't play that gimmick. Don't care about ratings now that I can change it.

Ugh...all the players look the same, I like the presentation but they all look like fat little gnomes. I seriously can't tell the difference between a 5'10" 160 pound guy or a 6'3" 230 pound guy visually.

They still need to make the logo crest on the jerseys BIGGER! Other than that, pic doesn't really tell me anything else other than it looks like the same stiff celebrations.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
It doesn't matter.
Player ratings mean nothing.

Look at those stats which are literally on that thumbnail video picture

Sidney Crosby - Skating: 90
John Scott - Skating: 82

The difference is not 96-72, it's 90-82. Come on.

The Hands category is ridiculous though.

I agree that he made the skating seem a lot more separated than it was but then that begs the question: should Crosby only have an 8 point skating advantage over John Scott?

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
I agree that he made the skating seem a lot more separated than it was but then that begs the question: should Crosby only have an 8 point skating advantage over John Scott?

My point exactly.
No way on earth John Scott should have 82 for skating.

Still, watch the stickhandling comparison. Scott has 67-hands and yet he can dangle just as good as Crosby.
Not only that, but he can skate with the puck just as well as Crosby.
Shouldn't 'hands' be part of the equation too?

Just more evidence that every player is the same.

Besides, despite the ratings and attributes, this game doesn't pass the eyesight test.
Several times a game, I'll see a 4th line bum fire off a no-look, backhand, saucer pass, from the corner and over 3 defenders for an easy one-timer tap-in.
That should never happen. But it happens all the time in NHL15 because the programmers at EA have absolutely no clue on how to program intelligent AI - which means the game is way too easy. So they give the CPU boosts, or make the ratings irrelevant so everyone on the ice is Duncan Keith or Sidney Crosby.

This series is trash. Absolute trash.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
I brought that point a long time ago that players all play the same.

I suggested EA gives a bigger gap between crappy players and superstars. Especially in the speed/acceleration attributes

Slow ass players like John Scott or Hal Gill should have like 40-50 speed and REALLY quick players like Hagelin in the high 90's

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
In BeGM mode will I be able to play AHL games? That was a feature I actually missed more than I thought in NHL 15.

NHL 15 and 16 right now don't reflect the abilities of the next gem consoles. EA could make a much better product than they are right now.

Aug 6, 2012
I'm getting the feeling that they put most of their efforts into very punitive things, like the on-ice visual trainer and mascots.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Though the footage is brief, the game still looks the same. Nary any visual improvements, still has that plastic like glossy look to the players. Surely at some point they have to make some graphical improvements, though that should be the least of our concerns I imagine given the gameplay also feels outdated.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Though the footage is brief, the game still looks the same. Nary any visual improvements, still has that plastic like glossy look to the players. Surely at some point they have to make some graphical improvements, though that should be the least of our concerns I imagine given the gameplay also feels outdated.

These graphics look worse than 15, but to be fair NHL 15 is way better graphically than 14 (though I guess that's to be expected with a better console)

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I'm really looking forward to the integration of all the added details into GM Mode.

Not really mentioning my excitement for HUT/EASHL as that's to be expected.

Counting down the days 'til release!

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
EA needs to stop putting their time into unnecessary things like mascots and playoff beards and actually work on the gameplay. I looks good visually but the game is still clunky and doesn't feel natural.

The Jesus*

I just hate that in EASHL you have to pick from pre-made builds. No more customizing your skater.

I play a small, fast defenseman. Not being able to play the way I have been since NHL12 is really frustrating. I'm glad it's back in, but come on EA.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I just hate that in EASHL you have to pick from pre-made builds. No more customizing your skater.

I play a small, fast defenseman. Not being able to play the way I have been since NHL12 is really frustrating. I'm glad it's back in, but come on EA.
Yeah, it's kinda weird. Are we all just playing with generic players who will never get better? Willing to give it a go obviously, but seems strange.

kulenova seka

After reading all of this and watching first trailer I am in doubt, should I spend my money on PS 4 (mostly because of the NHL) or should I upgrade my PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad