NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I am not at all a fan of the new BaP progression system

It sounds like a great idea, but in execution it makes no sense

Let's say I wanna be a fighter, I need to get in fights to get better, right?

Wrong, I need to WIN fights to improve, or my fighting skill actually DECREASES

The same logic applies to all stats, and it makes no sense

If I practice at something, I should get better, not worse

It rewards players who already have a high rating at whatever skills they are using over players who need improvement

Who needs the XP more, a Lv 60 fighter who can't beat up Sam Bennett, or a Lv 95 fighter who can take down Chara like he's nothing?

Then why is the better player rewarded and the lesser player punished?

It makes no sense

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
i am not at all a fan of the new bap progression system

it sounds like a great idea, but in execution it makes no sense

let's say i wanna be a fighter, i need to get in fights to get better, right?

Wrong, i need to win fights to improve, or my fighting skill actually decreases

the same logic applies to all stats, and it makes no sense

if i practice at something, i should get better, not worse

it rewards players who already have a high rating at whatever skills they are using over players who need improvement

who needs the xp more, a lv 60 fighter who can't beat up sam bennett, or a lv 95 fighter who can take down chara like he's nothing?

It makes no sense

spot on

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Despite losing in the memorial cup semi finals, Yoshi played incredible, being drafted 1st overall by the oilers. After a dominating pre eason, he had made the team. the oilers are now 4-0 and Yoshi has the 1st line center duty, and he is tied in the lead for most points on the team with 5.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Player: My sons name #88
Position: C Power Forward
Team: North Bay Battalion

Pure dominance as I put it on rookie level because I want to get the straight As trophy and still haven't 10 games in where he has just hit point number 100. And boredom has hit in to the point I just screw around trying moves. A+ offense and A+ team play every time but cannot get that Defense up over B
Rookie mode is too easy I can't get situations in which I need to play it enough.

Should end up with a 800+ point season if I don't start over haha

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I am not at all a fan of the new BaP progression system

It sounds like a great idea, but in execution it makes no sense

Let's say I wanna be a fighter, I need to get in fights to get better, right?

Wrong, I need to WIN fights to improve, or my fighting skill actually DECREASES

The same logic applies to all stats, and it makes no sense

If I practice at something, I should get better, not worse

It rewards players who already have a high rating at whatever skills they are using over players who need improvement

Who needs the XP more, a Lv 60 fighter who can't beat up Sam Bennett, or a Lv 95 fighter who can take down Chara like he's nothing?

It makes no sense

That bit can be very annoying.

However, you do get rewarded for your play style in other aspects which is nice. It just sucks that you take experience hits for having your shot blocked, or getting knocked down, stuff like that.

I'm frustrated by the scoring for each category though. I can dominate a game with 6 points as a sniper winger, but my team play barely ever breaks a C+ for no good reason. They need to make it easier to reach those goals. I figure if I play good zone defense, I have 3 assists, and I transition with good breakout passes to my teammates, that my team play should be top notch. Instead it's a low score because I didn't screen the goalie like it asks me too.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Been getting frustrated that I get XP points taken away when my teamate makes a bad pass/doesnt receive a pass well.

Also ever since my player got started in the NHL, the coach ALWAYS asks me to do the tie-up face off for the bonus. Only problem with that is i'm a winger... And it for defense it always asks me to cover the point. IDK how one gets the bonus for that, its ridiculous.

KnoccOut

Dec 23, 2008
Toronto
Im very very disappointed in this game... BaP sucks .. tired of getting excited every year for this... nba 2k16 here i come.. and im not even a basketball fan but they've made that game so much better..

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Some small things bothers me in this mode:

- Still can't play as a winger because I hate that the game messes up all other positions like 2nd line center played by a winger. Old gen had the same freaking problem.
- Some tasks won't go away even if I do them repeatedly. For me it's jump deke.
- In CHL the coach won't do best lines when a player comes off a injury. Zacha didn't come back to lineup until another player got injured. He was out of the lineup for like a month after I saw the message saying he's healthy again. He was eventually dressed just because another player got injured.
- Again, positions. Went to Tampa with my center and I got placed between Stamkos and Drouin. In the game Drouin is natural LW but the game decides to put him to the RW and Stamkos to LW. Things like these bother me.
- Hard to improve puck control compared to other puck skills
- I was 2nd round pick and before the pre-season the coach told me my spot on the roster was assured. How is that possible? I didn't even play the pre-season games since it didn't matter whether I played them or not.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
- In CHL the coach won't do best lines when a player comes off a injury. Zacha didn't come back to lineup until another player got injured. He was out of the lineup for like a month after I saw the message saying he's healthy again. He was eventually dressed just because another player got injured.

This has been a problem for YEARS

This game has so many legacy issues from previous iterations it's upsetting, because now there's all these fancy, "next-gen" problems to deal with

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
So whats the trick to getting drafted 1st overall or even close to it?

I have a 250pt season and apparently that wasn't good enough to get drafted.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
So whats the trick to getting drafted 1st overall or even close to it?

I have a 250pt season and apparently that wasn't good enough to get drafted.

Play full games and reach the goals set by the coach. No other way. Simulation points doesn't matter.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
For example Offense A- Defense C- Team play C+ or what ever they are for your player

It's really important you reach those for each evaluation period.

It's actually pretty easy to reach the goals if you play the full games. For offense all you need to do is do a bunch of dekes to get the offense rating up. Even better if you have an assist or score a goal. The others are really easy too, just don't turn the puck over and make good passes.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
It's actually pretty easy to reach the goals if you play the full games. For offense all you need to do is do a bunch of dekes to get the offense rating up. Even better if you have an assist or score a goal. The others are really easy too, just don't turn the puck over and make good passes.

For playmaker at least you need 3-4 points per game to get A- for offense. Maybe 2 might get you there if you deke a alot and get some deflections on the net or something.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
For example Offense A- Defense C- Team play C+ or what ever they are for your player

It's really important you reach those for each evaluation period.

So you mean those wheels? I have all of mine in green except defense which is a hair under because i don't know how to get it any higher as a sniper. I make about 4 hits a game and have great positioning in my own end but it never goes above C+

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So you mean those wheels? I have all of mine in green except defense which is a hair under because i don't know how to get it any higher as a sniper. I make about 4 hits a game and have great positioning in my own end but it never goes above C+

I'm a sniper as well. You need to get the pass deflects. Those help a lot.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I'm a sniper as well. You need to get the pass deflects. Those help a lot.

The AI is too good at defense for that. The other team crosses the blue line and either shoot from the half boards or get stood up and the puck goes the other way. If i never get a chance to play defense i shouldn't be penalized for not playing defense.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Player: My sons name #88
Position: C Power Forward
Team: North Bay Battalion

Pure dominance as I put it on rookie level because I want to get the straight As trophy and still haven't 10 games in where he has just hit point number 100. And boredom has hit in to the point I just screw around trying moves. A+ offense and A+ team play every time but cannot get that Defense up over B
Rookie mode is too easy I can't get situations in which I need to play it enough.

Should end up with a 800+ point season if I don't start over haha

Yeah, I'm trying to get that trophy too. Was thinking of starting over with a D-man to see if I can get it that way. Only thing I get + xp for on defence with my forward is laying huge hits once and awhile.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014

How about poke checks and stick lifts? I find those helpful.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I gave up on BAP when i played the first 20 games of my 18 year old junior season, got board of that so i simmed the season ended up with 80+ points and went undrafted. Now it wants me to play another season in the WHL.....

I liked it better where you started your junior season with say 10 games left and playoffs. Maybe I missed that option?

I'm having a great time playing goalie in the EASHL though. Looking for a west coast team if anyone needs a guy.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Yeah. You can scroll through each one individually and it will tell you your target grade and what to do to help you get there (which is sometimes b.s.). All the points in the world won't make a difference if you aren't getting your defense and team play to their target levels.

I'm only 17 games into my chl season and I've been told that I should go somewhere in the first round. I've only missed my targets twice. I used to struggle with team play, but then I started doing three things that get me to a B pretty much every game: 1- body checks 2-deflections in front of the net 3-prompt line changes Don't stay out so long that your endurance drops by 10.

Other little things help throughout the game, but I find that if I do these 3 things consistently my team play goes up regardless of whether I do other things (so long as I don't take too many stupid penalties.)

edit: And I haven't simmed at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad