NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Can you be an existing pro in be a pro? I always liked making ones of my favorite teams young players with high potential. That really takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Can you be an existing pro in be a pro? I always liked making ones of my favorite teams young players with high potential. That really takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

No you can't and i agree that was my favorite way to play this mode.

Having some creagted guy whos name they never say when you score goal, with a super aqwkward cartoon image next to real images just takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

I would actually search the CHL for a player with super low potential with the handedness i wanted and an image and than make him a 1st over all pick and the most dominate player in the game. However this mode broke more than just that this year.

I think its beyond patching so its another year with no be a pro as far as i am concerned.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
For playmaker at least you need 3-4 points per game to get A- for offense. Maybe 2 might get you there if you deke a alot and get some deflections on the net or something.

For an A on offense just do at least 4 dekes per shift. In about 4 or 5 shifts you'll be at an A-.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
For an A on offense just do at least 4 dekes per shift. In about 4 or 5 shifts you'll be at an A-.

umm...not for me that's for sure. What difficulty and play style are you using?

My biggest problems with the BAP are:

1) Shootouts are torture
2) When our D goes behind our net with the puck. You all know what I mean...

ps. another 3 point performance = offense B

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Can't wait to buy this game and dive into BAP. But I want to wait until the first roster update at least so that most of the players are in the game.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I play as a LW... "bad line defense" is absolute ******** in this game. I cover my point man perfectly but get -10 defensive awareness because my teammates **** up down low. Goals are not my fault whatsoever, the guy I'm covering isn't even involved in the play, and I get penalized. So stupid

Offensive expectations make no sense either. Score 2 goals from the 4th line = B for offense, just below the expectation. Had other positives such as completing saucer passes which the coach asked for. Only a B.

EDIT- To make things even worse......... I got sent down to the AHL after that game!!!! 10 points in 7 games from the FOURTH LINE is not good enough......... **** off man

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, Bad Line Defense is just killer. Even the low expectations they set for me in that regard are impossible to meet because the AI either A: Can't stop a cross-crease pass or B: Will turn the puck over directly in front of the net, despite there being an easy outlet elsewhere.

I swear this game just decides whether or not you're going to lose the game from the very beginning, then rigs the system to the desired outcome.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
I play as a LW... "bad line defense" is absolute ******** in this game. I cover my point man perfectly but get -10 defensive awareness because my teammates **** up down low. Goals are not my fault whatsoever, the guy I'm covering isn't even involved in the play, and I get penalized. So stupid

Offensive expectations make no sense either. Score 2 goals from the 4th line = B for offense, just below the expectation. Had other positives such as completing saucer passes which the coach asked for. Only a B.

EDIT- To make things even worse......... I got sent down to the AHL after that game!!!! 10 points in 7 games from the FOURTH LINE is not good enough......... **** off man

I feel you for the (bad line defense). Its so hard to get anything else from a C...

Its not a bad idea but it needs some improvements in the next game, so it should be fixed around 2020 knowing EA.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
I have a problem with my Be a pro game, about 95% of my shifts starts with a faceoff and i can't get off the ice until the next stoppage, it takes about an hour to play 1 effing' game!! Anybody know how to fix it?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'm a winger and one of the things coach wants me to do is tie up on the draws. Heh.

My guy is a RW. Every game since he started in the NHL hes been asked to tie up for team play, cover the point for defense, and stride deke for offense. I have not been able to accomplish one of those tasks yet. I dont get how you even get the bonus for cover the point, I gave up. Wish I woulda made my guy a center.

Yeah that got frustrating. I dont even play in zone D anymore. When my team loses the puck in the offensive zone, i just go for a change every time, lol. SO many times though right when I step on to the ice, the other team scores within a second. Its ridiculous.

20 games into the season and my guy is 1st line RW for the Stars, playing with Benn and Seguin. :P

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I have been knocked out in one punch in Be a Pro twice now. How the **** is that even fair. I get five punches on a guy, his first knocks me out. I having above 80 fighting skill. Both the people I fought had less fighting skill than me. I don't get it. Can I do one-punch KOs on them?

I can't believe that standing up for a teammate after a dirty hit doesn't give you positive team play. Then they get mad at you if you lose the fight. Even if it's close

Last edited:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Im realizing playing every game by simming the first two periods and playing the 3rd isn't helping me...

I'm like 65% done with season, wasn't in prospect game and projected 4th-5th round and im leading league in goals and top 10 in assists....

I've also been making sure to follow coach feedback and hit the goals set for me...but I don't seem to be climbing really at all...

Playing ALL 3 periods EVERY game, even half is just too damn much and time consuming for me...I don't see why only playing 1 period of every game hurts me so much...

Kind of ridiculous..

I also agree with the notion of the annoying jump deke and other useless things the coach asks but you never use......thank god I'm a center and can do them at least...I'd be pissed if I played wing and was asked some of this junk...

Also man I'm horrible at goalie...REAL bad. Tried that for a bit......takes some getting used to for sure.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
My player has a game on Christmas. What kind of **** is that? Calling my agent and demanding a trade asap.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
After playing 71 games in NHL, putting up 41 + 46, leading the league in goals and points, I'm demoted to 2nd line. What the serious ****? I'm getting my team play and defense always in the green. Mike Babcock is a moron. I'm playing full games so I don't know what's the problem. I moved to the first line after 15gp or so and I've been doing ok ever since. You could argue that I suck but my numbers should be pretty solid for a rookie :D

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
Dumb question maybe, but how do you check your projected draft status?
I'm 19 games playing on pro. Playing on the 1st line with the Knights averaging just under 5 points a game (93 points).

Also, where do you check how to complete tasks? I see them checked off as I do them, but is there a place to check?

The way I play, I gain a lot of points in shooting but I'm struggling with puck control. Also, is there a way to gain skating attributes like acceleration and speed?

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Dumb question maybe, but how do you check your projected draft status?
I'm 19 games playing on pro. Playing on the 1st line with the Knights averaging just under 5 points a game (93 points).

Also, where do you check how to complete tasks? I see them checked off as I do them, but is there a place to check?

The way I play, I gain a lot of points in shooting but I'm struggling with puck control. Also, is there a way to gain skating attributes like acceleration and speed?

Your agent will give updates as the season goes on

Put the on-ice trainer on and it'll give you assistance how to complete tasks

You can only improve your skating through off-ice training

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
3 seasons in, 84 overall. A Lot of simmed games. I usually just put it on rookie for 3 games, to get all the scoring titles.

This 90+ overall trophy is taking forever!

Btw, any tips for getting a A grade for defence?

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
3 seasons in, 84 overall. A Lot of simmed games. I usually just put it on rookie for 3 games, to get all the scoring titles.

This 90+ overall trophy is taking forever!

Btw, any tips for getting a A grade for defence?

Highest I've gotten so far is a B+ on pro, 19 games in.
Back check and get into the area you're supposed to be in. Tip passes, break up plays and don't be on the ice when they score... that's all I got for you. I think early on in your career, you're not going to have the awareness or hand-eye skills to break up that many plays. Gotta just bide your time.

RML

Oct 7, 2010
So is this game worth getting? (not money wise)

always loved the Career modes in any sports games so i'd be primarily playing it.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Got our ***** kicked in the first round of the playoffs by the Penguins. Computers can really play in the playoffs it seems :laugh:

So I won Art Ross, Calder, Bill Masterton, Selke, Ted Lindsay and Maurice Richard trophies.

Kinda funny that I won Selke since I had +/- -7 and 448 giveaways lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad