**NHL 15 Thread** Part V (Demo out for XBone/PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
I was watching Atlas' stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/atlasshrugged00

He's literally been opening packs since 2:00 ET last night..

Yeah I watched a stream for less than five minutes this afternoon and this dude bought $120.00 of packs... in less than 5 minutes... Do these people have money trees in the backyard or just an endless amount of cash flow from their deadbeat parents?!?!?!?

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
Need an answer.

How does one claim the returning user bonus? Been playing HUT since it began. Was never really active but I know I had some pucks, cards, and played some games in NHL '14 on Xbox 360... Am I not eligible?

Not seeing anything on these menus.

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
Yeah I watched a stream for less than five minutes this afternoon and this dude bought $120.00 of packs... in less than 5 minutes... Do these people have money trees in the backyard or just an endless amount of cash flow from their deadbeat parents?!?!?!?
Lol, settle down.

Majority of them use money from their Twitch subscribers or donations they receive on twitch to open packs.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Marcel Goc is 84 and a top 6 forward and he will probably be on the 4th line most of the year for the Pens. :laugh::laugh:

...must have really ridiculous defensive stat numbers, cause he sure as hell didn't put the puck in the net last year to deserve outstanding offensive numbers!!!!

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Does the 360/PS3 version have the new arenas and stuff ?

I love the new arenas, the crowd and stuff is whatever...

Can care less about Ray Ferraro too...

It's sad if I decide to give them a dime it will most likely be for the 360 version..That pisses me the hell off...

I'll see with Season Ticket how 360 version looks/plays...Most likely cancelling my Xbox One pre-order....just isn't there...game is a giant turd...menus lag and suck..game modes have damn near nothing..Not sure the awesome presentation and better game-play are actually worth it..

I was really looking forward to HUT with no EASHL..and some offline stuff but its empty...

I HATE the new HUT lay-out and menus...they're slow and annoying..

No offline modes is pure lazy..Can't use my crappy team to get some pucks like I used to..

Return bonus is ****ing lame...No best line feature...New cards look lame...I got 1 ****ing pack, with total crap in it...Granted I didn't expect 30 but I figured I'd get maybe 5...

You got people who have like posted above all 85+'s already with 100k pucks....It's ridiculous..Game is a joke and people are dropping 250-500$ on packs...Way to show em whose boss.

Game is just a total let down and I was excited for it.....damn shame...The arenas, graphics, gameplay are actually really solid but the rest is unacceptable...

And no hats or anything for a hat trick even on home ice..YOU DO ALL THIS PRESENTATION CRAP AND NO HATS?! WOWW

As far as I know, NHL 15 on PS3/360 is just NHL 14 with Doc and Eddie, as well a bit better collision physics. No arenas, no NBC, no Ray Ferraro. But they haven't explicitly said what features will not be included in those versions so who knows? Maybe they stripped that one down for fun. :help:

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
This is sad really. I was debating about getting Destiny or NHL on the 9th and was leaning towards NHL, but after hearing this stuff, I'll hold off until the patches come out and get Destiny. I can deal with EASHL not being in, based on the excuse actually making sense. But the fact you leave out drafting in GM mode and don't allow editing of players, thats just flat out lazy. As a GM mode player who makes a full custom roster of the whole league to gm with, I'm extremely unhappy.

Like someone else said earlier, if you've played the demo, you've essentially played the whole game.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Need an answer.

How does one claim the returning user bonus? Been playing HUT since it began. Was never really active but I know I had some pucks, cards, and played some games in NHL '14 on Xbox 360... Am I not eligible?

Not seeing anything on these menus.

Go to the daily rewards part, other or more rewards it should say...it'll be there

How many packs have other people gotten? My 1 was a total letdown...but that fits right in with the whole game in general :laugh:

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Lol, settle down.

Majority of them use money from their Twitch subscribers or donations they receive on twitch to open packs.

I guess my point is... this game will not improve whatsoever when people are pouring out money to EA like it's water... I mean I paid $35 for The Golf Club and it is more than twice the game that NHL15 is...

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I guess my point is... this game will not improve whatsoever when people are pouring out money to EA like it's water... I mean I paid $35 for The Golf Club and it is more than twice the game that NHL15 is...

Those people would have spent that money anyway. I anticipate a very noticeable hit to next-gen sales (and, relatedly, HUT revenue). It's not like these few guys are somehow masking that. They're already accounted for in the projections.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
This is sad really. I was debating about getting Destiny or NHL on the 9th and was leaning towards NHL, but after hearing this stuff, I'll hold off until the patches come out and get Destiny. I can deal with EASHL not being in, based on the excuse actually making sense. But the fact you leave out drafting in GM mode and don't allow editing of players, thats just flat out lazy. As a GM mode player who makes a full custom roster of the whole league to gm with, I'm extremely unhappy.

Like someone else said earlier, if you've played the demo, you've essentially played the whole game.

Game is the demo with all 30 teams...if the demo had HUT still you'd really have the whole game, no wonder they took it out :laugh:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
#ThereAreConflictingReports2k14

I don't know about a pic for proof, but it has been discussed at length on the EA forums ever since it became apparent that core modes were being left out of the next-gen version. I have never seen a moderator correct it. I believe that the question was raised several times in the Q & A thread, and simply deleted or ignored. Given everything they are experiencing in terms of negative pushback from core and online gamers, I'd think they would have gone out of their way to share good news.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Man I really wish there was an alternative NHL game from 2K!!!! Not saying it would be better, it would just stop EA from releasing such utter garbage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad