OT: NHL 15 & General Video Game Discussion Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I feel like if he sold this individually, he'd get much more.

Obviously. But I highly doubt he wants to create individual auctions for individual games and systems.

So basically he's asking for $164,000 and all the time he doesn't have to take to piece it out.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Ended up getting the PS4 Destiny addition plus NHL 15. Fairly happy with it.

Getting used to the controller after being a near exclusive Xbox player for a long time will take some getting used to. That center pad seems mostly pointless... Random question, how long (about) does the controller hold a charge?

Destiny is an interesting game.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Getting used to the controller after being a near exclusive Xbox player for a long time will take some getting used to. That center pad seems mostly pointless... Random question, how long (about) does the controller hold a charge?

About 6-7 hours-ish.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Destiny is a blast when you play with people and do the raids (probably not what they're called, but I forget). The boss battles are challenging.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Wait have I not gushed about Smash yet?

Oh man, Smash 3DS. Anyone else pick it up?

So good. Apart from the tragic, tragic exclusion of my boy Lucas, the roster is pretty much perfection. ****ing Villager and Wii Fit Trainer and (spoilers)Duck Hunt Dog. Such trolling.

Billy Mays Here*

Finished watching a Let's Play of Alien: Isolation. First hour is solid, good tense moments and developing story, but then it's just 5+ hours of boring crap after that. Nothing but "find an alternate route", "turn this on/off" or "go here". Nearly the entire game is just walking around the station doing the same **** over and over again.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Completed a true 100% of Ocarina of Time. Got all the skulltullas, all the capacity upgrades, all the heart tanks, won a cow from the ranch, visited all the fairies, bought and planted all the beans, sold all the masks, and got the Biggoron's Sword.

Incidentially, the Biggoron's Sword completely rips everything to shreds. Absolutely no need for a shield when everything just dies with a flick of the blade.

And besides any enemy of importance is going to have an attack that's just gonna ignore your shield if it hits anyway.

Jump-strike + powerstab = I killed Bongo Bongo in one cycle. Arrow, arrow, jump-strike, stab, stab, stab, dead.

For those who don't know what a powerstab is, there's a bug where if you use the jump attack, release Z and do the crouching stab attack, those stabs will then have the attack power of the jumpstrike you just did, regardless of the weapon you used. So for a kid, you want to jump-strike with a deku stick and then stab with the sword. As an adult, use whatever the hell you want really, but the Biggoron's Sword is the best. It does twice the damage of the Master Sword. Not sure what damage the Megaton hammer does, but it might work. I'd have to look it up.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
For those who don't know what a powerstab is, there's a bug where if you use the jump attack, release Z and do the crouching stab attack, those stabs will then have the attack power of the jumpstrike you just did, regardless of the weapon you used. So for a kid, you want to jump-strike with a deku stick and then stab with the sword. As an adult, use whatever the hell you want really, but the Biggoron's Sword is the best. It does twice the damage of the Master Sword. Not sure what damage the Megaton hammer does, but it might work. I'd have to look it up.

Well, I have my doubts, since it's a hammer. Not the best stabbing tool out there.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well, I have my doubts, since it's a hammer. Not the best stabbing tool out there.

No you'd jump-strike with the hammer and then stab with the sword.

Also I looked it up and the damage from the megaton hammer seems to be on par with what the master sword does for most applications. So the biggorons sword is still the most awesome. The stuff you gotta do to get the sword is a bit of a pain in the ass tho.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I'm pretty much loving Destiny. One of the better games I've played in a while that's kept my interest.

Have you gotten to Nightfall or raids, yet?

That's when I burned out. Got to LL 25, if I remember right, and it just stopped being fun.

They seem to be moving in the right direction, but the grind of that game is insane.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Have you gotten to Nightfall or raids, yet?

That's when I burned out. Got to LL 25, if I remember right, and it just stopped being fun.

They seem to be moving in the right direction, but the grind of that game is insane.

I'm at level 28. Have an alt so I can run the weekly heroic and nightfall strikes twice a week, as well as the Vault of Glass twice a week. No raid gear yet, unfortunately.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I was playing a random online match in FIFA 15 just now, this guy was cursing up a storm, telling me to put my mic on. I was playing with USMNT, he was Liverpool. Kept saying how I could NEVER beat Liverpool with USA, yadda yadda yadda.

Finally I put my mic on (don't know how to mute people on XB1 yet, haha) just so I didn't have to listen to him. Put my mic on and said "I'm putting my mic on so I don't have to listen to you anymore" (with a little more, colorful language :sarcasm:), and took my headset off before he could finish his smartass reply.

Put my mic next to my speakers, and just BLARED some Tool for the rest of the match.

I was up 1-0, but I gave up a late goal, it pissed me off because I just KNEW he was saying some **** after that goal (if he still thought I was listening). But then I scored with Deuce in stoppage time.

Literally one of the most satisfying goals/wins I've had in FIFA. And you bet your ass I watched every single replay of that stoppage time goal :laugh::D

Billy Mays Here*

Added some more tier 10s to my garage this past weekend. Excited to finally have a decent number of end of the line tanks.

shot_003_zps3b914e3f.jpg

shot_004_zpscb091b32.jpg

shot_005_zps275cc1af.jpg

shot_006_zps4b4b5974.jpg

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Added some more tier 10s to my garage this past weekend. Excited to finally have a decent number of end of the line tanks.

How long does an average game last? I've been casually interested in trying WoT for a long time, but never pulled the trigger.

Now that I've got the kid, I'm hesitant to get into an online game that has long-ish game times. But the game seems seriously fun.

Billy Mays Here*

How long does an average game last? I've been casually interested in trying WoT for a long time, but never pulled the trigger.

Now that I've got the kid, I'm hesitant to get into an online game that has long-ish game times. But the game seems seriously fun.

Typical games lasts around 6-8 minutes, though they can last up to 15.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I have come to the conclusion I just suck at Madden.

I win almost every single game against the computer, but that's on the back of a strong running game. I cannot really see the holes I just plow through hoping for the best. I throw probably 2-3 interceptions a game guaranteed against the computer. I cannot get over 200 yards passing and have not got more than a 30 yard reception. I suck at defense. I just plow through the line with a lineman and go for the sack. I have no idea what to do with the secondary.

Went online for the first time and was just dismantled 22-7. Couldn't get anything done, my running game was stopped so easily, and I threw a grand total of 5 interceptions. One was returned for a TD, the other was returned 80 yards to the 5 yard line.

Super depressing, but at least Sunset Overdrive comes out in a week and a half and Halo comes out a few weeks after that.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Ha! I'm almost the same when it comes to Madden. Rush for about 150/game but pass for only about 150/game with an INT or 2 usually. It's difficult to throw, especially long passes. Just easier to win games by the running game and using clock.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Ordered GTA V for PS3. Tried it at a friend's house and liked it alot.

I've never had a GTA game, so looking forward to playing it. :)

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Ordered GTA V for PS3. Tried it at a friend's house and liked it alot.

I've never had a GTA game, so looking forward to playing it. :)

Enjoy. Best video game ever, IMO.

Read this before you get it.

So many little things in the game that are just so cool. Like flip flops that actually flip and flop. And if you go in water, your clothes only get wet up to the point where you actually walked into the water.

Little stuff like that in a video game kinda blow my mind. Also, one suggestion, try turning the GPS off. Makes it so you have to find your own way. Kind of difficult at first, but it's kind of cool when you actually start learning the map a bit.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Enjoy. Best video game ever, IMO.

Read this before you get it.

So many little things in the game that are just so cool. Like flip flops that actually flip and flop. And if you go in water, your clothes only get wet up to the point where you actually walked into the water.

Little stuff like that in a video game kinda blow my mind. Also, one suggestion, try turning the GPS off. Makes it so you have to find your own way. Kind of difficult at first, but it's kind of cool when you actually start learning the map a bit.

Thanks for the tips. Will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad