OT: NHL 15 & General Video Game Discussion Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
In HUT I picked up Hartnell for one of my two remaining LW spots as well as Bogosian as an actual RD to go with the five LD I have on my roster.

Oh, and while looking for an LW I found Koivu modified as an LW as well as suddenly being a Nashville Predator. I was 30 seconds away from getting him for only 2000 pucks but suddenly he jumped up to about 5000 and at the time I only had 3000 in the bank. Extremely disappointing.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Played(and bought) Battlefield 4 the other day. Can't believe I have been missing out on it for this long. Personally, I can't see why anyone would want to play COD instead of BF4 now. So much more to do in Battlefield.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Played(and bought) Battlefield 4 the other day. Can't believe I have been missing out on it for this long. Personally, I can't see why anyone would want to play COD instead of BF4 now. So much more to do in Battlefield.

I've been thinking about buying it so I can play something during the Holidays. Thanks for confirming my decision.

Also, I bought AC4. Haven't had much time to play it, but the first few hours seemed solid. The graphics didn't seem to be as toned, but maybe that's because it was made for the new generation, not a 360.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So...not to brag but I have the best luck in HUT ever.

First I get Movember MacKinnon. Sell for 6000. Buy a pack. Get Anaheim's Andersson. Sell for 7000. Combined with other stuff, buy another pack. Get Carey Price. Sell for 166,000.

Buy the special pack today. Get Marian Gaborik, who is worth a good ~190,000+.

Absolutely unbelievably lucky.

Billy Mays Here*

So...not to brag but I have the best luck in HUT ever.

First I get Movember MacKinnon. Sell for 6000. Buy a pack. Get Anaheim's Andersson. Sell for 7000. Combined with other stuff, buy another pack. Get Carey Price. Sell for 166,000.

Buy the special pack today. Get Marian Gaborik, who is worth a good ~190,000+.

Absolutely unbelievably lucky.

Got Gaborik in a Mega Pack about a month ago. Completed the Columbus collection and have yet to do anything with any of them. They're all just sitting there.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Doom episode 2 in 16:53.

I am still pissed about the game in Montreal tonight. Taking it out on demons from hell, yo.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
I've been thinking about buying it so I can play something during the Holidays. Thanks for confirming my decision.

Also, I bought AC4. Haven't had much time to play it, but the first few hours seemed solid. The graphics didn't seem to be as toned, but maybe that's because it was made for the new generation, not a 360.
Don't rush the main story line in AC4. The amount of things to do outside of it are incredible. Also, save up to upgrade the Jackdaw. In the long run it will be very beneficial.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I didn't think people were actually going to buy an xbone. I mean, i had a 360 last gen but c'mon

See, the thing about that whole X1 hoopla is this.

The majority of people you heard early on complaining about all the X1's policies either bought it anyway, or were just internet trolls/PS4 fanboys. My friend I live with initially was hating it (although he's not really "with it" when it comes to all this) and I have yet to talk to him lately, but X1 was sold out in preorders too, and will likely be pretty hard to find in the coming weeks. Whether or not it "outsells" PS4 in this launch window isn't a big deal; what matters is how people feel about both of them on down the line.

Not to mention PS4 already has dead-on-arrivals and the only X1 problem I've seen yet is the Day One Update failing to download, but atleast the damn thing starts. :P

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
See, the thing about that whole X1 hoopla is this.

The majority of people you heard early on complaining about all the X1's policies either bought it anyway, or were just internet trolls/PS4 fanboys. My friend I live with initially was hating it (although he's not really "with it" when it comes to all this) and I have yet to talk to him lately, but X1 was sold out in preorders too, and will likely be pretty hard to find in the coming weeks. Whether or not it "outsells" PS4 in this launch window isn't a big deal; what matters is how people feel about both of them on down the line.

Not to mention PS4 already has dead-on-arrivals and the only X1 problem I've seen yet is the Day One Update failing to download, but atleast the damn thing starts. :P

Xb1 has some dead disc drives.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
PC Gaming Master Race.

really the way to go if you're super into games. all the mods on the PC add depth to any game, and FPS is a friggin joke and a half on a console if you're used to PC. sports games on console, everything else on PC is best though I do buy games for the ps3 if i'm walking by and see them for cheap(ish) rather than be arsed to look it up on steam.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
really the way to go if you're super into games. all the mods on the PC add depth to any game, and FPS is a friggin joke and a half on a console if you're used to PC. sports games on console, everything else on PC is best though I do buy games for the ps3 if i'm walking by and see them for cheap(ish) rather than be arsed to look it up on steam.

I totally agree. I mainly use my 360 for NHL, and that's about it these days. If I see a good excluse, for example like The Last of Us, I'll try it on console. Other than that, I enjoy to play my games on PC. It's more cost effective in the long run. I'm not that into games as much as I used to be though. Really enjoying NHL 14 right now.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Hey everyone in the Ottawa GDT, come here and discuss games instead.

Started playing Live the Life. Powerforward Center playing for Red Deer. I was hoping to play with Dumba before I realized that he isn't with their team right now :laugh:

Would have gone to play with Gabriel if I realized. Anyway, we're 9-2 right now and I have 31 goals and 9 assists. 40 points in 11 games, leading the WHL in points by 20. Goals by 24. Just donging on the entire league.

The only two games we've lost are when I did not play and decided to sim. Kind of frustrating because I want to get that achievement for getting drafted first overall so I assume I have to play ~80% of the games this season. Lots of time left.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
good god i suck at that game. it's still fun, and i still do alright, but nothing like those point totals. of course i'm a two-way defenseman but still. Was only good enough to get drafted in the second round by Montreal. got in a fight in the AHL after confronting the coach and they traded me to Nashville for a 3rd and a 4th. :(

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'm too cheap to spend money on brand new games, but would probably go PS4 down the road. I would say though that once Steam fine tunes PC gaming on TV's that would be the way to go. Better graphics, cheaper games, etc. I'm lazy though and like my console games!

OpRedDawn*

I'll prolly get the PS4 the next time it's available on amazon.

I had the 360 as my primary console for 95% of last gen. But, it seems like MS just starts off strong in the gen and then loses it's way.

I'm going to be renting most of my games this gen I think as well. So many games are ripoff and just have cookie cutter SP and MP. Game I'm most looking forward to is H-Hour.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Hey everyone in the Ottawa GDT, come here and discuss games instead.

Started playing Live the Life. Powerforward Center playing for Red Deer. I was hoping to play with Dumba before I realized that he isn't with their team right now :laugh:

Would have gone to play with Gabriel if I realized. Anyway, we're 9-2 right now and I have 31 goals and 9 assists. 40 points in 11 games, leading the WHL in points by 20. Goals by 24. Just donging on the entire league.

The only two games we've lost are when I did not play and decided to sim. Kind of frustrating because I want to get that achievement for getting drafted first overall so I assume I have to play ~80% of the games this season. Lots of time left.

I know its probably not what you're looking for but easiest way to get that achievement is by starting from the NHL draft, tear it up in memorial cup games and get drafted 1st OA.

Billy Mays Here*

I'll probably wait til' the summer before I get a PS4, or maybe even wait until a newer and cheaper version is introduced. I'm still satisfied with my PS3, though I've been doing a lot more PC gaming lately than PS3. World of Tanks keeps my attention much more than CoD and NHL nowadays.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I'll be getting a PS4 for a couple reasons.

Primary being that I don't like how M$ handled ANYTHING leading up to the release of this gen. Secondary being my Vita and the promise of remote play.

There's more too it, but those are the two big ones.

Also, I'll be building a computer soon, so consoles are going on the back burner anyway.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I know its probably not what you're looking for but easiest way to get that achievement is by starting from the NHL draft, tear it up in memorial cup games and get drafted 1st OA.

Did not realize that this was even an option.

Scored 12 goals in two games last night. Bringing my total to 43 goals in 13 games. And a measly 8 assists. I set up guys perfectly and they just shank shots on either side of the net. So frustrating.

And my agent just said that I "am going to go in the first few rounds".

Guy, if I score over 130 goals and don't go first overall I'm going to break this game in half.

EDIT: +15 and 94 hits. 200+ shots already. Body checking is at 86 overall and when I line people up I just destroy them. Get out of position a lot though. Probably should tighten that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad