OT: NHL 15 & General Video Game Discussion Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Commercial makes it look like Tony Hawk Pro Skater mixed with a shooter, haha.

Sort of. Insomniac(the developer) wanted to make a third person shooter that got away from the traditional gameplay of the last few years. There isn't a cover system, you aren't supposed to stop and wait for health to regrow back, and so on. In fact, you are encouraged to keep moving, and can grind on pretty much anything in the city. longer grinds = higher bonus points and more damage to enemies.

So crazy and over the top. Really different from pretty much anything else I have ever played. Lots of fun.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
So far, it's the only game that's got me interested in the xbone.

PS4 doesn't have a lot, itself, but I feel like MS is lagging behind in the exclusives so far.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So far, it's the only game that's got me interested in the xbone.

PS4 doesn't have a lot, itself, but I feel like MS is lagging behind in the exclusives so far.

To me, the only exclusive that really matters is Halo. Anything else Microsoft makes, has, or funds is just gravy.

If Microsoft's only exclusive franchise was Halo, I would still choose the Xbox over PlayStation, Wii, and whatever else 100 times out of 100.

That all said, the gravy is going to be good. Sunset just came out and is doing well going by reviews and word of mouth thus far. Quantam Break looks great. Gears of War should be awesome. Other games like Phantom Dust, Killer Instinct, Bloodborne, Forza, and Crackdown should get lots of attention going forward.

Lots of rumors about upcoming announcements too. A new Banjo Kazooie game from Rare has apparently been hinted about. Some stuff leaked about their "super secret" (actual quote) plans for e3 this year. They don't have a ton of fantastic exclusive stuff out now, and there isn't a whole lot announced to really interest some, for the most part the outlook is decent.

Granted, Sony and Nintendo probably have more coming down the pipeline as well so really nothing is concrete.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Also hearing great things about Sunset Overdrive. Basically all of the comments I've read say the game is just fun, and that's what matters.

But I'm also a big Halo fan, so that's really all that matters to me. I don't have any current-gen systems yet, but I'll probably get an X1 and Wii U eventually. The Master Chief Collection and the $50 price drop are both making it really tempting to get one soon. A new Banjo Kazooie game would be awesome. I also love the Assassin's Creed games, even though there's a new one every year. Obviously not an exclusive, but still fun.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Thread over.

N3K6LpE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad