***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
I'm not a big fan of the new updates when starting a GM mode, I prefer playing with the older rosters. It makes the development of all draft classes seem more linear.

I won the Stanley Cup with the Islanders in the 2nd year (turned cap off, you can get some hilarious lineups) with one of the shabbiest rosters in that playoffs. Somehow we beat the Rangers in the conference finals who were boasting this first line:

Gaborik - Datsyuk - Richards.

Gabby had a 55 goal season, Datsyuk led the league in points after being traded for 2 first rounders and some prospect.

Biggest lol worthy moment was 2 unknown European goalies went #1 in 2012 and 2013 and both are 5 star potential. Real world problem is that both are 5'6 and weigh somewhere in the 130-140 pound range.

Biggest coincidence of running the Islanders was that I had pick #3 in 2013 and took Pulock. Dude had 20+ points and +10 ratio but Yak won the Calder averaging nearly a point a game for the Blue Jackets.

Oh the Conn Smythe winner for my playoff run with the Islanders: Henrik Karlsson :D

8-1 .955 sv % 1.28 GAA. Simmed the whole playoffs, dude was lights out. I wish he played the entire playoffs but Nabby got healthy and won the rest of the games but took me to game 7 twice :(

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Do you guys know how to make created players enter the draft and not free agency? Or is it even possible? :help:

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
What's the deal with the custom tracks option? The things been loading for about 20min now with no sign of it actually doing anything.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Does anyone having constant freezing issues in Be a GM mode for ps3 (disc version, not download)? Literally every game freezes on me, in various ways. One thing I notice is that the PBP commentators go silent frequently, they'll start off calling the game just fine only to suddenly "go mute" on me. Sometimes it freezes up between periods, but if that doesn't happen, it usually freezes in game in the 3rd period (usually when I'm on a breakaway, shortly after dekeing and shooting). I've deleted game data a few times, to no avail.

Any input would be much appreciated, I can't even enjoy this game anymore. :(

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This game can get me infuriated like no other...

I don't know what it is, but when I pass, it always gets caught in the feet and my player sits there for 5 seconds just fumbling around and some other guy takes it. You see the other team just whip it 5 feet away from where they're passing, and it's fine.

Whenever I pass it along the boards pack to the point my defenseman misses it. Every. Single. Time.

Seems whatever I pass gets intercepted no problem, while my AI just sit around and poke at it while it goes under their stick or it goes between their legs when I'm in perfect position.

Then you out-shoot the other team 40-5 and they win 1-0. It's ****ing horrible. Also, your teammates running ahead and into you when you're on a 2 on 1 or 2 on 0 gets really ****ing old. I kind of want an option to pass, not a mandatory stick up my ass.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Does anyone having constant freezing issues in Be a GM mode for ps3 (disc version, not download)? Literally every game freezes on me, in various ways. One thing I notice is that the PBP commentators go silent frequently, they'll start off calling the game just fine only to suddenly "go mute" on me. Sometimes it freezes up between periods, but if that doesn't happen, it usually freezes in game in the 3rd period (usually when I'm on a breakaway, shortly after dekeing and shooting). I've deleted game data a few times, to no avail.

Any input would be much appreciated, I can't even enjoy this game anymore. :(

That sounds like a scratched disc to me.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
That sounds like a scratched disc to me.

You know what, there is a single decent-sized scratch now that you mention it. Any home remedies that may work, or am I doomed to purchasing a new copy/waiting til NHL14?

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
You know what, there is a single decent-sized scratch now that you mention it. Any home remedies that may work, or am I doomed to purchasing a new copy/waiting til NHL14?
Those problems sounded very similar to what happened to my two copies of NHL 2001. My solution is to find a new case for the disc if you're using the original casing it came in. I use a dvd sleeve to store all of my xbox 360 games in. As for fixing the issue, I never really tried. What you can do is, if possible, install the game to your hard drive and try to play the game for as long as it will last before buying a new copy. I'm not too knowledgeable on fixing discs so that might be a better question for someone else or google. Maybe try a dvd lens cleaning disc for your system too if they still make those, but I'm basing this off of what I did with my original xbox, I'm not sure how much still applies to the xbox 360 / PlayStation 3. You could probably pick up a used copy of the game at a local retailer for fairly cheap if you still want to play NHL 13 and don't want to use your current disc, or you just wait. I'm the wrong guy to ask about fixing discs, unfortunately.
I've heard that white toothpaste (not gel) or a disc doctor machine has had some favorable results, although those were from years ago and I don't know the specifics. I hope I was helpful but I probably wasn't.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Those problems sounded very similar to what happened to my two copies of NHL 2001. My solution is to find a new case for the disc if you're using the original casing it came in. I use a dvd sleeve to store all of my xbox 360 games in. As for fixing the issue, I never really tried. What you can do is, if possible, install the game to your hard drive and try to play the game for as long as it will last before buying a new copy. I'm not too knowledgeable on fixing discs so that might be a better question for someone else or google. Maybe try a dvd lens cleaning disc for your system too if they still make those, but I'm basing this off of what I did with my original xbox, I'm not sure how much still applies to the xbox 360 / PlayStation 3. You could probably pick up a used copy of the game at a local retailer for fairly cheap if you still want to play NHL 13 and don't want to use your current disc, or you just wait. I'm the wrong guy to ask about fixing discs, unfortunately.
I've heard that white toothpaste (not gel) or a disc doctor machine has had some favorable results, although those were from years ago and I don't know the specifics. I hope I was helpful but I probably wasn't.

No, you were helpful. Thanks for the advice :)

I found a quite a few search results recommending pledge furniture polish or toothpaste to remove disc scratches, I have nothing to lose at this point (chronic freezing) so I'll give it a try.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This game can get me infuriated like no other...

I don't know what it is, but when I pass, it always gets caught in the feet and my player sits there for 5 seconds just fumbling around and some other guy takes it. You see the other team just whip it 5 feet away from where they're passing, and it's fine.

Whenever I pass it along the boards pack to the point my defenseman misses it. Every. Single. Time.

Seems whatever I pass gets intercepted no problem, while my AI just sit around and poke at it while it goes under their stick or it goes between their legs when I'm in perfect position.

Then you out-shoot the other team 40-5 and they win 1-0. It's ****ing horrible. Also, your teammates running ahead and into you when you're on a 2 on 1 or 2 on 0 gets really ****ing old. I kind of want an option to pass, not a mandatory stick up my ass.

Yeah, I've been screwing with the sliders and I can't get the game to feel right. My bruisers can't knock St. Louis off the puck in the corners but if they're carrying the puck St. Louis can knock em on their *****.

Passing shouldn't be perfect but the CPU is always tape to tape while my guys let pucks slide between their skates.

Rebounds are nearly impossible to control. It seems like even if one of my players does control the puck there's some sort of delay. He gets knocked off the puck and the other team gets it.

I play on all star. I usually kick the crap out of the computer but I don't really want to turn the difficulty up. If there is the same gap in player performance between all star and hof as there is between pro and all star, I'm afraid I won't be able to do anything at all.

One game that I just finished that really frustrated me was one where I won in shoot out 5-4. Shots were 45-10. Their goals tend to come when I'm playing well positionally but they just skate through checks and the puck is glued to their stick on poke checks.

The number one goal against me is when they skate behind the net, skate through a couple checks like they weren't even there, then just blow through the poke checks in front of the net.

Ea needs to figure out how to turn the difficulty up by playing a smarter game, not just making your team terrible.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
latest tuner includes what? excatley?

Tuner 1.08

• Fix an exploit that lets you dispossess a puck carrier when he tries to pass or shoot by spamming fight instigate button (Y).

• Fix for a very rare desync that would take place at the moment a goal was scored.

Wait, what? That was an exploit? I've literally never seen that happen before in a game online or offline.

As for the second, it was more common than they thought.

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
That one's going to hurt for a while.

This was the first EASHL thread I saw, so I'm ranting in here. I'm sure you guys can relate.

So, my club is in elite, and we worked our way to top 100 elite this season. We HELD top 100 for 2 weeks when our #1c was away on vacation. We finished 83rd in elite, got the trophy. In round 1 of the playoffs, we match up with an AMATEUR TEAM WITH 2 PLAYERS. They stay, we play them(not gonna lie, I was feeling cocky. We had 5)...They get the first goal from their computer, who magically takes the puck from our LD who could not pickup the puck for some reason(he tried, he skated right by it for some reason) and the computer goes top shelf from the top of the faceoff circle(good place to shoot, but our cpus NEVER, EVER get a nice snipe. Usually they're downright terrible). 1-0 for them. I score on a breakaway.1-1. Next, their cpu D shoots from the point, it hits a stick, goes up in the air, and over our goalies head. It wasn't fast, either. Really slow. Then, I make a pass to our center who cuts across the net for an easy goal. They score again, this time its a pass into the net, doesnt hit anything, both our D back, 2 on 2, and our goalie lets the pass in. 3-2 them. We score again, I forget this one. 3-3. We score again, our RW goes 5hole on a breakaway. 4-3 Us. A few minutes later they dump it in on our goalie, our RD tries to grab the puck(he didnt touch anything, just auto grab) and pokes it past our goalie into the net. 4-4. Then in OT, our dman is about to pass it to me up the boards, and a second before that their computer hugs him on the boards, causing him to kick instead of pass, which leads to a turnover and they get it, slot shot, goal. Their only ****in legitimate goal was in OT. If you don't believe icetilt, here it is ladies and gentleman. Not to mention, our goalie had about 8-10 shots and their goalie faced 25. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
Has anyone else been experiencing audio dropouts and stuttering? I used to lose audio for a second twice in the Stanley Cup celebration but now its spread to game play and loading replays takes longer than it used to. I'm wondering if its just my copy/Xbox.

ChokingV

Mar 25, 2006
Downtown SJ
Sometimes I hate this game:
84xyAB5.jpg

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Tuner 1.08

• Fix an exploit that lets you dispossess a puck carrier when he tries to pass or shoot by spamming fight instigate button (Y).

• Fix for a very rare desync that would take place at the moment a goal was scored.

Wait, what? That was an exploit? I've literally never seen that happen before in a game online or offline.

As for the second, it was more common than they thought.

You wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it. And it only worked if you tried to pass the puck, if you shoot or saucer passed it they worked fine. Basically guys would be behind your player rapidly tapping the Y/Triangle button. For some reason it doesn't initiate a fight but instead if you attempt to pass the puck just dribbles off your stick. It was getting to be a major problem in EASHL in the last month or 2 as more and more people figured it out.

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
Anybody looking for a club? Me and my buddy are starting up a new club trying to get 5s or 6s going were pretty good players just looking to create an active club, 8-0 so far on this season. Looking to be competitive and in need of a Lw, Ld and Rd but any positions welcome.

If you're interessted give me a shout, psn ID is Belisle_3

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Are you a victim of ice tilt? Here are a few scenarios.

- You are losing 1-0
- Your opponent (who sucks) passes the puck right to you AS A GOALIE, and your wrist shot on an open net goes about 70 feet wide
- Every breakaway/odd man rush you have gets desperation saved
- Backhand from the point goes clean through your goalie's five hole
-Out-shoot your opponent 30-7
-TOA is 8 minutes to 3 minutes
- Lose 1-0

kdfsjljklgjfg

Apr 4, 2007
Gloversville, NY
Are you a victim of ice tilt? Here are a few scenarios.

- You are losing 1-0
- Your opponent (who sucks) passes the puck right to you AS A GOALIE, and your wrist shot on an open net goes about 70 feet wide
- Every breakaway/odd man rush you have gets desperation saved
- Backhand from the point goes clean through your goalie's five hole
-Out-shoot your opponent 30-7
-TOA is 8 minutes to 3 minutes
- Lose 1-0

Clearly ice tilt. No NHL goalies ever let in bad goals.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Clearly ice tilt. No NHL goalies ever let in bad goals.

But losing 1-0 when you have 45 shots and the other team has 5? Every goalie lets in a bad goal, but this isn't real life. The AI goalie letting in the same goal as the video you posted would be considered ice tilt because there is usually a 99.9% chance that an NHL caliber goalie should be able to stop simple shots, however the ice tilt in the game is what makes them let it in.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Im not sure I buy the ice tilt thing. The other day my goalie let in a weak wrister 5-hole from the blue line with no traffic in front of the net, but I'm not so sure that isn't just bad luck

And is far as stats go, I personally play a very low shooting game. I don't shoot unless its a good chance to go in. Some guys I've played are just shooting freaks, whereas others like me are really patient and wait for a good chance. Thats why when people post those stat screens its a little misleading

Even in games where I'm easily outplayed, I might be ahead in TOA because while the other guy can create a chance faster, it takes me a little longer and I need to be a little more deliberate. So some games I am way higher in TOA, but lower in shots despite feeling outplayed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad