***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I told myself after hockey stopped, I'd have a life again...

Well, there goes that theory. Found myself doing that. Probably won't be the last.

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
is there any way to set it up that all those drafted yesterday (or at least the first and second round important guys) are able to fall under property of their respective drafted team? I feel I found a way last year to go into their settings and get it to work to put them onto their drafted team but I can't seem to be able to do that right now.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
is there any way to set it up that all those drafted yesterday (or at least the first and second round important guys) are able to fall under property of their respective drafted team? I feel I found a way last year to go into their settings and get it to work to put them onto their drafted team but I can't seem to be able to do that right now.

Probably because in the main menu, players are their current ages. You can't put 17 year olds in an organization lol

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
Probably because in the main menu, players are their current ages. You can't put 17 year olds in an organization lol

You can put their rights to their respective teams by creating teams full of said underaged recently drafted players. For example, create a team and add Nathan MacKinnon onto it. After placing the players on the created team, trade them from the created team onto their drafted team's respective AHL unit, accept their rights changing and then trade them back onto the custom team.

Doing this will automatically change MacKinnon's rights to the Avalanche and so forth for any of the created players you need to use. If you play in GM Mode, they will be available on your team's roster. If you intend to just play versus matches or any other single player modes that don't require any roster update or online connectivity, well, just keep them on the NHL team and edit their stats to your choosing.

It's a hassle and it's complicated, but it can be done with some patience and a draft list, haha. As for players who do not exist in the database, they can be created and placed on any team if you make them 18 years old. From there, go to Edit Player, find player (Example: Jacob De La Rose, Montreal Canadiens) and simply change their age back to their real life age at 17 or whatever. When you play Be A GM you still have the option to send to the minors despite ages, teams being in the game, etc.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
annnddddddd now I can't play the game anymore.

Game is launching fine, I can go in my Be a GM, start a game and then BAM, Disk is Unreadable, please clean it using a soft tissue.

what the **** ..

Is there something I can do? Tried to install the game to the HDD, didnt work, it get stuck at different % with the same problem

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Is there any rhyme or reason as to how players progress in this game? I have two consecutive #1 overall picks that are stagnating in the 65-70 range after 2 & 3 seasons. 4 yellow stars, 4.5 green stars. Will these two ever get better?

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Is there any rhyme or reason as to how players progress in this game? I have two consecutive #1 overall picks that are stagnating in the 65-70 range after 2 & 3 seasons. 4 yellow stars, 4.5 green stars. Will these two ever get better?

It doesn't seem like there is. I don't like the way drafting and player progression was done in NHL 13. I guess it has to do with the new ratings system and stuff but it seems like most draft picks are absolutely worthless. I've noticed once you get outside the top 20 picks there's usually only 3.5 or lower potential players that never amount to anything and never make your NHL team. I've gone through 3 drafts in my current GM mode and I don't think there's ever any NHL ready prospects right away like there sometimes is in the real NHL.

I had 4 first round picks after the first season and here's their progression.

Furlong, 4.5 star potential goalie. Started at 44 overall ----> 49 ----> 55.
Pulock, 4.5 star potential d-man. Started at 59 overall ----> 62 ----> 65.
Rychel, 4 star potential forward. Started at 60 overall ----> 63 ----> 66
Domi, 4 star potential forward. Started at 59 overall ----> 62 ----> 65.

I feel like none of them are ever going to be able to crack my NHL roster because their stats are so low and they're taking forever to progress. It sucks because the Rangers took a goalie a couple picks ahead of when I took mine at 12th overall. I think their goalie was in the 45-55 overall range with the same potential as my goalie but theirs shot up to the mid 80's after two offseasons while mine is still under 60 overall. It's really frustrating.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Anyone know how to give the new draftees (2013 draft) their NHL teams' rights? The free agency method doesn't work.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
It doesn't seem like there is. I don't like the way drafting and player progression was done in NHL 13. I guess it has to do with the new ratings system and stuff but it seems like most draft picks are absolutely worthless. I've noticed once you get outside the top 20 picks there's usually only 3.5 or lower potential players that never amount to anything and never make your NHL team. I've gone through 3 drafts in my current GM mode and I don't think there's ever any NHL ready prospects right away like there sometimes is in the real NHL.

I had 4 first round picks after the first season and here's their progression.

Furlong, 4.5 star potential goalie. Started at 44 overall ----> 49 ----> 55.
Pulock, 4.5 star potential d-man. Started at 59 overall ----> 62 ----> 65.
Rychel, 4 star potential forward. Started at 60 overall ----> 63 ----> 66
Domi, 4 star potential forward. Started at 59 overall ----> 62 ----> 65.

I feel like none of them are ever going to be able to crack my NHL roster because their stats are so low and they're taking forever to progress. It sucks because the Rangers took a goalie a couple picks ahead of when I took mine at 12th overall. I think their goalie was in the 45-55 overall range with the same potential as my goalie but theirs shot up to the mid 80's after two offseasons while mine is still under 60 overall. It's really frustrating.

I've had very similar results.

Usually what I do is if a kid hasn't progressed more than 10 overall points after two years I will trade him while his value is still high. I then keep track of his progress on the new team. More times than not he will end up stuck in the AHL until he's released.

For some reason it seems that only defenseman will ever see big jumps in their development, for me.

I'm currently in the 2019 season. In the 2017 draft I found a kid @ 41 that ended up being a 70 overall rookie two-way d-man. I played him on my NHL roster, third pairing and he jumped to a 77 after his rookie season.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Has anyone ever been able to sign Claude Giroux for cheap in GM Mode after his original contract runs out? On my first Flyers GM Mode he had a $10 million cap hit and now in this one he's at an $11 million cap hit. I'm guess I could probably get a different first line center with similar stats and save a few million dollars per season.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Huh. I've drafted Pulock in every single first season of the draft and has done nothing but shoot up to low 80s and high 70s right away. Tops out around 88-89.

Yup, Pulock turns into a monster. Had him at 85 OV before he was off his ELC.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Monahan didn't reach in the 80s until he was 24.....
Seth Jones never pans out and ends up like a 79 or 80
Tarasenko never makes it past 84 either which really makes me mad.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Monahan didn't reach in the 80s until he was 24.....
Seth Jones never pans out and ends up like a 79 or 80
Tarasenko never makes it past 84 either which really makes me mad.

He's a 91 for me, didn't take more than 2-3 years either before he was mid-80s.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Highest ive ever had jones go is 83, and thats giving him NHL time while he is in the mid-low 70s he takes a good 7-8 years to get there and then tops out. I drafted some swede in the mid 1st round probably 4 years later who got up to 88 Ovr in his 2nd year and topped out at a 91. Ekblad develops really slow as well.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Highest ive ever had jones go is 83, and thats giving him NHL time while he is in the mid-low 70s he takes a good 7-8 years to get there and then tops out. I drafted some swede in the mid 1st round probably 4 years later who got up to 88 Ovr in his 2nd year and topped out at a 91. Ekblad develops really slow as well.

Ekblad was an 88 overall the second year after I drafted him. When I drafted him he was a 76 overall and slotted into the line up right away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad