***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strexvale

Mar 8, 2007
West Seneca, NY
Not when there is a clear lane and you're skating in a straight line/along the boards.

And people care about their team play grade?

I do generally when I'm tryin' to level up my player. In NHL 12 it took me forever to get my legend card mostly because of my team play grade. It's also almost always my lowest grade for whatever reason. (half the time due to those aforementioned AI passes)

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Not when there is a clear lane and you're skating in a straight line/along the boards.

And people care about their team play grade?

I care about my team play score. Last season, as a Dman, I was able to get an A, A+ average.

However, this season, it's been a bit slower. Some games I get A+, most games I get a B, or B+.

While, I like being able to be effective with the pokecheck, it's hard handling the puck when I cause a turnover.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
I do generally when I'm tryin' to level up my player. In NHL 12 it took me forever to get my legend card mostly because of my team play grade. It's also almost always my lowest grade for whatever reason. (half the time due to those aforementioned AI passes)
Ah, I see. I generally my A- from the start (have an A overall now) so I'm never concerned about it
For me it's pretty easy to keep the team play grade up. It's all about eliminating turnovers/playing smart. I almost never call for the puck unless as I mentioned above I'm skating in a straight line along the boards.

I care about my team play score. Last season, as a Dman, I was able to get an A, A+ average.

However, this season, it's been a bit slower. Some games I get A+, most games I get a B, or B+.

While, I like being able to be effective with the pokecheck, it's hard handling the puck when I cause a turnover.
A/A+ Team play? That's pretty ridiculous.
Don't think I've ever seen somebody with an A+ team play average, right now mine is at A- and I thought that was high :3

EA made it easier to turn the puck over this year so it makes sense that your team play would drop

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How do you guys play EASHL? I tried playing some drop-in games again tonight, and the whole damn thing is so frustrating.

Nobody plays their position!

Defensemen want to be centers, wingers want to play everywhere, centers don't do their jobs, and on the rare occasion where you get a half decent team, goalies are super trolling their team by not even moving. Ridiculous. People putting their own teammates offside. Nobody passing. Calling for passes from AI teammates even though there's about 4 opposition players in the way.

What a frustrating experience

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
How do you guys play EASHL? I tried playing some drop-in games again tonight, and the whole damn thing is so frustrating.

Nobody plays their position!

Defensemen want to be centers, wingers want to play everywhere, centers don't do their jobs, and on the rare occasion where you get a half decent team, goalies are super trolling their team by not even moving. Ridiculous. People putting their own teammates offside. Nobody passing. Calling for passes from AI teammates even though there's about 4 opposition players in the way.

What a frustrating experience
Play club

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Play your position perfectly and give helpful advice to them and they'll start playing normally..

Unless you are playing with Quebecois.. There's a good group of them but most just seem to dick around online and yell at everything

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Play your position perfectly and give helpful advice to them and they'll start playing normally..

Unless you are playing with Quebecois.. There's a good group of them but most just seem to dick around online and yell at everything
rarely

If you play during off peak hours, you can usually get good team mates.. I know I have played probably 3/4 drop in games and maybe 1/4 of them is when I encounter idiots
Played ~10 games today.
Pure garbage. I had 1 d-man who knew how to play properly

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
One timers doesn't seem to create goals.

At all.

I can serve perfect cross crease passes, but the goalies seem to get there in tome to make the save 99 % of the time.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I like when I decline a trade offer, so the other team comes back with counter proposal where they offer me the same thing, but I'm adding something else.

Yeah, that's why I declined the original offer, I felt I wasn't giving you enough.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Anyone had the "bug" thinghy where a player on your team (Hut or regular game) get's the puck but he can't move FORWARD ? I can turn from side to side but can't skate forwards...

Then I pass the puck to another player and he TOO get's glue under his skates..

This goes on until I just pass the puck to the opponent..

Is it just me or has this happened to anyone else ?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If they reduce poke check effectiveness, they need to increase stick lift effectiveness.

I would actually be in favour of that.

seemsayin

Dec 31, 2011
Whoville
I love the poke check on defense but if I get the puck from it it's useless because I'll just lose it from a poke check.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Got my first shutout as a goalie in a 2-0 win. :D

Slowly think I'm getting better at it with time. Just need a decent defence and It's easier. Need 2 more wins now to get to the the Rookie card.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I can say after playing some games that at least for me, this is miles better than nhl 12 in gameplay, I enjoy much more playing against the CPU than in nhl 12

The CPU hits me too much though, I'll have to modify the sliders, and there's also too much fatigue recovery, players are recovered too quick from their last shift

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Got my first shutout as a goalie in a 2-0 win. :D

Slowly think I'm getting better at it with time. Just need a decent defence and It's easier. Need 2 more wins now to get to the the Rookie card.

I love playing D in drop in games, with the overpowered poke check I can dominate a game physically and finessely(yes I made up a word).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad