***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Has anyone figured out a way to have created players show up in the draft for offline Be a GM? I wanna create Seth Jones , Connor McDavid and other missing players.. I figure it'll be months before EA actually puts them in the game.. And if they do they'll probably screw up which way the shoot and they're height an weight.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Alright, I figured out the only way to enjoy this game.

Drop-in games in EASHL. People either aren't coordinated enough, highly rated enough or don't care enough to abuse exploits, though they can still get lucky as hell. Also run the chance of getting a team with a horrible goaltender... but it's all a ****-ton better than the utter whores that play this game in every other online mode that spend the entire game abusing wristers.

Actually had a few fun games so far, for once. Forget the other online modes, and anyone that has ever whored their way to a win. **** you all in your **** ass **** **** *****.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Anyone else having issues with people using the pokecheck button ALL the time. I can not seem to get any play going because every good pass I make is ****ed up by a super hero (online) coming out of no where and poke checking me to pieces. I can't even get up the ice. I wish people actually used poke checks less and cycled it in with other defensive plays. Like, it's very frustrating giving up break away after break away because of professional pokecheckers.

Another rant

What's up with this offense in this game? If you make a good shot the goalie miracolusly saves the puck, but when you make a little **** shot, it's a goal. Very frustrating.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
don't hate people for using pokecheck, hate the game for having an all encompassing god mode button for defence

EA just need to ramp up tripping penalties from poke checks and it will die down, but i doubt they do that

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Leave poke checking exactly how it is. It's finally time that defenseman get something useful instead of always taking tools from them to increase the scoring

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
don't hate people for using pokecheck, hate the game for having an all encompassing god mode button for defence

EA just need to ramp up tripping penalties from poke checks and it will die down, but i doubt they do that

No, it's already a cakewalk getting into the slot. Not to mention the A button is auto penalty 9/10 times.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I'm not saying never poke check, because I pokecheck as well. But I am saying how people depend on it, and it's the only thing they use on defense and it works, because i get tripped up half the time its so frustrating.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
If you make a real effort to keep your stick/puck away from the wild pokechecks, you'll be fine. Small dekes and jukes, spin-o-rama's, clever use of the skill stick, whatever it is you need to fake your away around a D (or bide your time until a teammate can get in position to receive a pass). People walk right past me from time to time as I play D in EASHL because they read my pokecheck well.

It's definitely possible, you just can't haphazardly barrel into the zone like you used to.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So when taking control of the goalie (L1+X on PS3) is there a way to take control of the player quickly again? Hitting R2 to change who you're controlling doesn't work as it did in previous games.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'm not saying never poke check, because I pokecheck as well. But I am saying how people depend on it, and it's the only thing they use on defense and it works, because i get tripped up half the time its so frustrating.

People rely on it because it is the only way to play defense in this game. Stick lifts never work, hip checks rarely work, body checks rarely work, and there is no way to tie up a guy driving the net which pretty much forces you to play poke the puck all game.

Its so much better than last year, where there wasn't much a defender could do.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Name: Tuner 1.03
Date: 09/21/2012
Notes:

Tuner 1.03
EASHL Only
Increased AI goalie glove and stick high ratings

Slightly lowered wrist shot accuracy

Increased AI goalie rebound control

Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Name: Tuner 1.03
Date: 09/21/2012
Notes:

Tuner 1.03
EASHL Only
Increased AI goalie glove and stick high ratings

Slightly lowered wrist shot accuracy

Increased AI goalie rebound control

Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

With that last point, it wasn't like they were doing that to begin with.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
This. (is that still a thing?)

calling for a pass from the AI is pretty much a guarantee that you will lose some of your team play grade because they're almost always going to turn it over.
Not when there is a clear lane and you're skating in a straight line/along the boards.

And people care about their team play grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad