NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
Got matched up against a guy with Gretzky, Datsyuk, Lemieux as his centers and Ovie stamkos and Marleau on the wing in the elite playoffs, how does that happen.....

ChillX

Oct 8, 2012
Got matched up against a guy with Gretzky, Datsyuk, Lemieux as his centers and Ovie stamkos and Marleau on the wing in the elite playoffs, how does that happen.....

Was he like something420 with a flag for his team logo? Dude had 3rd string Crosby, Giroux, Stamkos

Billy Mays Here*

Nice! I could use that SOTW Semin. Let's talk on PS3.

Probably won't be back on my PS3 til' Saturday night but we can talk then. He's not UT but he's only got about 20 games on him if I remember correctly. All three of those forwards are team changed to MIN.

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
I don't remember...too busy chasing the puck because I can't win a bloody faceoff lol. But I swear, is whole team is 88+

sniper515

Nov 6, 2009
Brampton
Went 7-1-1 in the hut playoffs, both loses came in the Pro playoffs. The OTL was a lucky rebound too, those are worst

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to HUT but could anyone give me a rough idea of what the Change Team- NYR card is worth on Xbox? I've been through 20 odd pages on the market and not seen any so I'm thinking it must be fairly rare.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to HUT but could anyone give me a rough idea of what the Change Team- NYR card is worth on Xbox? I've been through 20 odd pages on the market and not seen any so I'm thinking it must be fairly rare.

I think it's under "training" and perhaps 1k or so.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
It means alot. Some people only trade/buy for Untouched/No Games Played players. Another reason is if you work hard and play games with a Gretzky for example and score 300+ points will him legit and then you buy an Eberle SOTW that has 462 Games Played and he has 400 points, you don't feel as good as you didn't score all those points with him. Another big reason is getting an untouched player and then racking up the points and playing lots of games gives a good feeling. Like alot of players on my team for example, SOTW Karlsson. It's not that big of a deal but to some it is, also getting an "Untouched" card to some is an accomplishment. I'm sure I'm missing out on a few other points but that's what it means to me. Cheers!

Ahhhh OK, that makes sense. I personally couldn't care less but I could see how that could be a huge interest to a lot of people.

Thanks for the reply!

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Just started HUT. Ignored it on NHL 12. Not sure why. Its actually more fun than Be A Pro. Learning about building a team. Any suggestions for a newbie?

afinch1992

Dec 19, 2012
what is SOTW?

star of the week. its the gold cards that have boosted stats for players who performed well during each week in the real world.

as for suggestions, the best way I found to make pucks is buy low sell high. also take advantage of double puck times by playing tournaments (usually weekends)

Last edited:

ChipDouglas

Dec 16, 2012
I'm hoping to trade for an Xbox Crosby.

I have the following to offer:
Gaborik
SOTW Lecavalier
SOTW Pavelski
SOTW M. Michalek
19000 pucks

*I'll also throw in Marleau after we complete the trade (since only four players can be traded at once.)

*Based on my research, this package is worth 365000-465000 pucks at normal market princes depending on the time of the week.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I feel that off the start is was way too easy to get NHL players in this years HUT. Plus, the fact that players don't retire anymore makes having depth essentially useless. Don't even get me started on training.
Other than that, does anyone else feel like HUT is useless after playing FUT?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I have a few cards up. Hasek being one of them and it being the cheapest BIN on the market on PS3 atm.

Hasek:

BID - $80.000
BIN - $88.800

Burrows SOTW

BID - $37.500
BIN - $40.000

Simmonds SOTW

BID - $37.500
BIN - $40.000

HUT Team Name: OttawaOilers
PS3 Gamertag: SenzFan2

Hit me up and BID/BIN!