marchand
vanek
SOTW m. subban
voracek

c-rw
c-lw
ld-rd
rd-ld

i would also consider moving doughty or jack johnson as i dont really have room for them on my roster anymore.

anyone here interested in any of these players? i send trade offers of nash, sotw brodeur, horton, and 20k pucks at like every SOTW pominville i see go on the market but no one takes it. sigh.

Heatley for Nash+pucks?

And guys, I got 2 2800 mp cards for Christmas. What's your opinion on the Premium Jumbo packs?

ChipDouglas

Dec 16, 2012
Does anyone know whether or not you if you won the amateur playoffs last month if you go right to the pro playoffs this month? Also, will the banner I won for amateur last month still be shown at the beginning of my team's home games later this month even if I lose this month's playoffs?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I actually sat down and played a few games tonight. (Because I have nothing better to do on New Year's Eve) I went 3-1, and in the only game I lost, I outshot my opponent and had 11:31 time on attack as opposed to his 2 minutes. My top line of SOTW Elias - Bergeron (C) - Kessel (A) has been amazing lately. they score the majority of my goals!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone know whether or not you if you won the amateur playoffs last month if you go right to the pro playoffs this month? Also, will the banner I won for amateur last month still be shown at the beginning of my team's home games later this month even if I lose this month's playoffs?

Nope. You have to start from the bottom, the first tournament/round and work your way up. It's erased, including the Banner.

robis1221

Oct 14, 2012
Can't stand this game anymore, geez.
Just got eliminated from amateur playoffs 3 times, so playoffs are over for me.
Last game i lost 6-1
Shots were 20-17 in my favor
Time on atack even
I had a SOTW Lehtonen in net, and he had a ****ing Biron who robbed me like 8 times, and his 1st line was Macdonald-Berglund-Langenbrunner, while mine was Hossa-Toews-Kane. He had a Clutterbuck on his team, who sniped in 2 goals, while Kane and Hossa didn't do ****.

E: Now i played Biron to get fatigue off the Lehtonen. He let in 1 goal on 29 shots, while i scored 9 goals on 27 shots on Hiller. This game is weird.

Last edited:

Pitboy43

PS4
Dec 2, 2012
Chicago, IL PS4
Looking for toews on PS3 to complete my blackhawks collection. Atm have around 90k pucks and some decent players to trade with. PM me if you have a toews so we can talk offers

ChipDouglas

Dec 16, 2012
Can't stand this game anymore, geez.
Just got eliminated from amateur playoffs 3 times, so playoffs are over for me.
Last game i lost 6-1
Shots were 20-17 in my favor
Time on atack even
I had a SOTW Lehtonen in net, and he had a ****ing Biron who robbed me like 8 times, and his 1st line was Macdonald-Berglund-Langenbrunner, while mine was Hossa-Toews-Kane. He had a Clutterbuck on his team, who sniped in 2 goals, while Kane and Hossa didn't do ****.

I hear you. The luck factor in this game seems to be a little ridiculous. After going 2-6 in my last eight games even though I outplayed my opponent in six of those eight, I just played a guy and was down 2-0. I scored with 12 seconds left in the third, then again with 2 seconds left. Then I scored 45 seconds into overtime. This was all after I`d gone three games without scoring more than a goal and getting 25-plus shots each game.

Don`t get me wrong, I like some randomness in a sports game to keep it interesting, but NHL 13 at times is a little too random.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I hear you. The luck factor in this game seems to be a little ridiculous. After going 2-6 in my last eight games even though I outplayed my opponent in six of those eight, I just played a guy and was down 2-0. I scored with 12 seconds left in the third, then again with 2 seconds left. Then I scored 45 seconds into overtime. This was all after I`d gone three games without scoring more than a goal and getting 25-plus shots each game.

Don`t get me wrong, I like some randomness in a sports game to keep it interesting, but NHL 13 at times is a little too random.

The thing is, there are more ways to score in game, however, each way has a lower chance of working than the ones that worked in past games. For example a short side in nhl 12 might work 40% of the time, but 15% in NHL 13. Thus there is more reliance on luck than before.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
You guys seem to be under the impression hockey has nothing to do with luck. It's probably as accurate to the real thing as I've seen.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Well, my anger got the best of me. And the fact that I havn't got much sleep do to these WJ's. I was doing swimmingly up to the 3rd round of the Amateur playoffs then I flipped when Hasek wouldn't cover the puck up and i'm saying it out loud "COVER THE PUCK" and then the puck is poked in as I knew would happen. And I smash my controller, lol. Well now to buy a new one, lol.

liquid swords

bring the ruckus
Apr 17, 2006
buffalo
You guys seem to be under the impression hockey has nothing to do with luck. It's probably as accurate to the real thing as I've seen.

yeeeaaah lots of people say this but it really isn't true.

i've been stonewalled on 40 shots by marty turco, and then my hasek or sotw lehtonen can't stop a backhand from the point with no screen. or will refuse to cover the puck and it gets pokechecked in. or instead of freezing the puck will do the automatic animation of sweeping the puck behind the net (does this ever work out in anyone's favor? almost every time the goalie does this it turns into a giveaway or good scoring chance for the opposition), or the guy will do nothing but wrap and slaps or short side snipes.

it isn't realistic at all. i've played guys ranked in the top 100 and some of them do nothing but wrap and slap or the backhand forehand shortside snipe. i have played people who literally do not take a single shot from the point the whole game, the whole game is spent working the puck into the exploit goal areas. it is absolutely absurd. and then people say things like "dur hur play better defense." when in reality it is almost impossible to defend against things like the wrap and slap -- even if you stop 95% of their attempts, if they are able to try the move 6 teams they will probably score 2-3 goals.

it is just a shame that with all of the improvements they made to this game, the coaching strategies, etc., that there seem to be more blatantly exploitable glitch goals than any year since 08 or 09 or whatever year it was where people did absolutely nothing but cross crease slap passes.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
If it isn't possible to defend then surely you could reciprocate and try the same thing?

And sorry, I have not had those same problems. Some people go for glitch goals but you are never going to get rid of that mentality. Learn to overcome it instead of acting like such a victim.

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Well, my anger got the best of me. And the fact that I havn't got much sleep do to these WJ's. I was doing swimmingly up to the 3rd round of the Amateur playoffs then I flipped when Hasek wouldn't cover the puck up and i'm saying it out loud "COVER THE PUCK" and then the puck is poked in as I knew would happen. And I smash my controller, lol. Well now to buy a new one, lol.

HAHAHA don't feel bad... I have no anger management issues in my life aside from NHL13 HUT. My L2 button had been acting up, and I was playing through it. It started getting pretty bad and messing with my play to a point it could mess up huge chances for me, and I was planning on visiting Best Buy or something to buy a new one and return my old one in it or something. BUT I waited too long and I had a breakaway in OT with Zetterberg (C) and right as I was about to deke, I started rotating (L2 was sticking) and I borked the shot, he got a nice 2 line pass up to a forward and got a breakaway of his own and scored... and I smashed the **** out of my controller. LOL

liquid swords

bring the ruckus
Apr 17, 2006
buffalo
If it isn't possible to defend then surely you could reciprocate and try the same thing?

And sorry, I have not had those same problems. Some people go for glitch goals but you are never going to get rid of that mentality. Learn to overcome it instead of acting like such a victim.

do you think before you type? or are you one of those people who prides themselves on being a shortsighted bully? these are flaws which could easily be fixed by patches (they already had to patch their much hyped new skating mechanics because of how exploitable it was...) however EA doesn't seem to put the effort into tweaking the NHL series as it does FIFA or Madden.

i'm not acting like a victim at all. i am a consumer who has spent a lot of money on a product and i would like to see it improved. my team is ranked in the top 250 on HUT for x box 360. i am not an idiot who doesn't know how to play defense and i am more than capable of beating all star teams with my B lineup. but to your point, you get rid of that mentality by getting rid of glitch goals. if there were unstoppable plays on madden or if it was discovered that a corner kick in fifa could be exploited to be an almost sure goal, you can bet your ass it would be patched ASAP.

i could try to score glitch goals too, but i would much rather try to play real hockey. i don't enjoy playing the game trying the same 3 glitch goals over and over and over. i like to set up in the offensive zone, work the puck, isolate players, set screens and deflections, etc. really, if you like the game of hockey and want to play a good sim, you should be upset that EA still isn't capable of delivering a product full of easily exploitable glitches.

the fact they allow the yakupov glitch card to continue to exist when it is capable of restarting online ranked matches at any point in the game speaks volumes about how much EA really cares about the HUT community. it's a bummer.

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
Just bought Ryan miller from the Auction house to complete my goalie pairing. Next Iam thinking of replacing karlson with byfuglien.

Crosby-----Datsyuk--------Ovechkin

Malkin------Kurri-----------Stamkos

Marleau-------Toews------Kovalchuck

E. Staal-------Kesler-----Perry/SOTW Selanne

Kronwall------Letang

Phaneuf---Doughty

Bowmeester----Karlson

Hasek
Miller

Billy Mays Here*

I've never smashed my controller out of rage on NHL. The smashing of my controllers happens on Call of Duty.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
do you think before you type? or are you one of those people who prides themselves on being a shortsighted bully? these are flaws which could easily be fixed by patches (they already had to patch their much hyped new skating mechanics because of how exploitable it was...) however EA doesn't seem to put the effort into tweaking the NHL series as it does FIFA or Madden.
Shortsighted bully? Jeez, relax.

And I get the whole "EA doesn't really care about the NHL product," but that isn't what you are complaining about. You are complaining about how the game doesn't make sense when guys like Marty Turco stonewall you with 40 shots (I have used Turco as a cheap starter and he was brutal if he faced more than 20) and your all star goaltenders don't get shutouts every game. For starters, it is an exaggeration. Second, in reality goaltenders are human and do strange things with the puck. I've seen easy fivehole goals scored, pucks not covered due to negligence, goaltenders putting it in their own net, and goaltenders accidentally knocking the puck the wrong way to an opposing player. But these are things that have happened in real life hockey and don't bother me as much as everyone else. And as far as the "getting stoned" part, sometimes it happens, and sometimes your shot selection is utter crap. Don't get on the game for that.

i'm not acting like a victim at all. i am a consumer who has spent a lot of money on a product and i would like to see it improved. my team is ranked in the top 250 on HUT for x box 360. i am not an idiot who doesn't know how to play defense and i am more than capable of beating all star teams with my B lineup. but to your point, you get rid of that mentality by getting rid of glitch goals. if there were unstoppable plays on madden or if it was discovered that a corner kick in fifa could be exploited to be an almost sure goal, you can bet your ass it would be patched ASAP.
I never called you an idiot. The only person who is bringing insults into the equation is you. And to be honest, my original post had nothing to do with the actual people and their "glitching" but the luck factor involved in which shots end up going into the net.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I've smashed 3 controllers, lol. Broke 10+ Earbuds, and punched my old Laptop screen. O__o.

I've tried to cope but I flip. I've improved though, lol.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Heatley for Nash+pucks?

And guys, I got 2 2800 mp cards for Christmas. What's your opinion on the Premium Jumbo packs?

Stop feeding EA money for a shoddy product. That's my opinion of their Premium Jumbo packs and ALL of their packs.

I think it is absurd Sports games get a general pass from the 2+ year development cycle games should take simply because a new season occurs every year.

I wish they would just patch/update the game with their season pass for two years and give people a real update every couple years. Gives us enough time to actually play through the gameplay anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad