NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I really hope HUT gets rid of the FIFA style Ultimate Team and goes with a Madden Style. Madden Ultimate team is one of the best experiences I've had with a video game, and I've had plenty of experience lol. There is just so much to do for single player alone, and then there are a ton of online things to do. If you saw my previous rant, you know how I'm a big fan of the collections in Madden. In HUT, there is no reason to collect every player from a team because you get basically no reward for it. The only reason to collect everyone is for pride.

Working off of Madden's collection ideas, I think HUT could be astounding. Madden has a collection section called "most feared" which is exactly like it sounds. It's a collection of some of the most feared guys in football like JJ Watt, Terrell Suggs etc. When you finish the collection, you get between 10,000-35,000 coins(pucks) plus a boosted card of one of the most feared players. NHL could copy and paste this honestly. It could be a collection of enforcers, or could be more skilled guys that hit a lot too like Kronwall, Backes, Brown, Phaneuf etc. When you complete it, you get a boosted version of those players.

Another thing I like is the legends in Madden. HUT should add ALOT more legends and use them in packs, as well as special versions for completing collections. For example, you could have a collection of the fastest players in the NHL(Gaborik, Grabner, Havlat, Marleau etc) and upon completion of this collection, you get 15,000 pucks and a special Pavel Bure card. There are so many collections in Madden that some cards that are essentially worthless on the field go for an insane amount because you need them to complete the collection.

Another great thing about the collection system is that it's a way for players to be removed from the game aside from retirement or discard. Similar to HUT, players do not retire in Madden. However, once you place a player in the collection, he's gone. You get the same amount of coins for placing a player in a collection as you do for discarding him. This keeps a cycle of players coming through the game at all times, which keeps their value in the auction house much higher.

EA could make HUT so great if they took a page out of Madden's book. I'm not even going to touch on the solo challenges and the trading block, both of which would be great additions to HUT. It would make this post even longer lol. I just really hope they go in a different direction in HUT. The mode has a TON of potential.

robis1221

Oct 14, 2012
Completed my Chicago team as i finally bought Jonathan Toews.
Btw, buying 2 C-RW cards for 4.5k each(xbox).

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Just got my best steal (yet) . Untouched Phaneuf for 30K , hoping for ~20K profit or a trade for missing pieces in my team

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Added Giroux to replace Jokinen. Should be rolling this for a while now:

Tanguay - Giroux(A) - Iginla(C)
Glencross - Cammalleri(A) - Hudler
Comeau - Stajan - Stempniak
Baertschi - Horak - Backlund

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Giordano - Brodie
Butler - Sarich

Kipper

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Spent Muney on HUT packs. Don't. Do. It. Specially on these $3.49 and undaa packs. No good.......

Picked up a Grabner for $3K, lol.

ChipDouglas

Dec 16, 2012
Pavelski SOTW (A) 90, Nash (C) 89, Gretzky 91
Michalek SOTW 88, Zetterberg (A) 88, Hossa 87
Kessel 86, Marleau 87, Havlat 85
Semin 84, Hudler 83, Radulov 81

Weber 86, Doughty 86
Bouwmeester 85, Burns 86
Shultz 84, Green 86

Quick 90
Price 90
Brodeur SOTW 89

--------------------------------------------------------
I`ve made some changes to my team this week to get ready for the playoffs. My trade pile now includes Hossa and Pieterangelo.

I`d also be willing to trade SOTW Pavelski, SOTW Michalek, either Price or Quick, and Marleau in the right trade.

I`m looking for SOTW Lecavalier or SOTW Benn.

Looking for trade offers so fire away!!!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Pavelski SOTW (A) 90, Nash (C) 89, Gretzky 91
Michalek SOTW 88, Zetterberg (A) 88, Hossa 87
Kessel 86, Marleau 87, Havlat 85
Semin 84, Hudler 83, Radulov 81

Weber 86, Doughty 86
Bouwmeester 85, Burns 86
Shultz 84, Green 86

Quick 90
Price 90
Brodeur SOTW 89

--------------------------------------------------------
I`ve made some changes to my team this week to get ready for the playoffs. My trade pile now includes Hossa and Pieterangelo.

I`d also be willing to trade SOTW Pavelski, SOTW Michalek, either Price or Quick, and Marleau in the right trade.

I`m looking for SOTW Lecavalier or SOTW Benn.

Looking for trade offers so fire away!!!

I could use the SOTW Michalek. You on PS3? PM sent.

liquid swords

bring the ruckus
Apr 17, 2006
buffalo
on 360 i have the following available for trade

rick nash
sotw brodeur
horton
JVR
kulemin
jagr
marchand
vanek
SOTW m. subban
voracek

c-rw
c-lw
ld-rd
rd-ld

i would also consider moving doughty or jack johnson as i dont really have room for them on my roster anymore.

anyone here interested in any of these players? i send trade offers of nash, sotw brodeur, horton, and 20k pucks at like every SOTW pominville i see go on the market but no one takes it. sigh.

afinch1992

Dec 19, 2012
looking for a Zajac on ps3. either trade or pucks. not sure exactly who id trade, so let me know if theres someone in particular

edit: found one for 3k BIN :)

Last edited:

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
Sold daniel sedin, bought kronwall to replace carle. My next buy will most likely be Ryan miller. I havent spend a dime on NHL13, made this team from AH flipping.

Crosby-----Datsyuk--------Ovechkin

Malkin------Kurri-----------Stamkos

Marleau-------Toews------Kovalchuck

E. Staal-------Kesler-----Perry/SOTW Selanne

Kronwall------Letang

Phaneuf---Doughty

Bowmeester----Karlson

Hasek
Lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad