NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Really stupid question but are the coaches real people or made up? I haven't heard of any of the ones I have seen so far

PlayTheTrap

GM: 8 Cups/22 years
Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Finally beat the Sens of the AHL in the first round of the Pro Tourney.Not just beat them but shut them out 3-0.

Think I finally have a team I'm going to stick with for a while and start piling up pucks

Here's my team and the lines as of now

First line

Michalek - B Richards - W Simmonds (all 85)

M Carle - Z Bogosian ( both 85)

Line 2

JVR 85 - M Fisher 85- Voracek 84

K Timonen 86 - J Carlson 85

Line 3

Hartnell 85- M Talbot 83 - S Downie 85

J Wisniewski 85 - A Meszaros 84

Line 4

R Clowe 85- Colin Wilson 84 - M Read 82

D Pairing is the same as Line 1

Goalies are C Crawford 85 - J Theodore 84 - O Pavelec 85

Your team's looking good. Defense and goalies are good for now.

Only advice would be to move your 3rd line down to the 4th and get a new line. I suggest:

Perron - Zajac - Grabner

99 chemistry (when team changed), they can all score decently well and Grabner is one of the fastest players in the game. Great for tearing the Pro Cup apart.

ImScore71

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
I was never really a believer in ice tilt until last night. The most ridiculous garbage happens to me when I play teams online that have a significantly worse roster than me. All of the sudden my SOTW Marleau can't outskate Chris Neil, or if he does than Neil can get the puck of him with one poke check, but when I'm on defense my poke checks literally right through my oppenents stick and nothing happens. Or when I outshoot my opponent 30 to 12 and almost triple his TOA but Carrie price lets in soft wrist shots from the blueline and Michael neuvirth turns into prime Patrick Roy. I honestly had a way better online record when my team was bad with mostly low 80s players its ridiculous.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Your team's looking good. Defense and goalies are good for now.

Only advice would be to move your 3rd line down to the 4th and get a new line. I suggest:

Perron - Zajac - Grabner

99 chemistry (when team changed), they can all score decently well and Grabner is one of the fastest players in the game. Great for tearing the Pro Cup apart.

Cool thanks

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He is top 10 in points and the only one in the top 10 with a +10 so think before you type

Calm down child. I know it's hard to process what I said since you were 6 and didn't watch hockey in 2004.

He's just an over-the-hill vet who's having some last-minute production ala Jagr and Forsberg.

Let's see how he's performing when the season's 35-40 games old and he starts getting worn out. All that time off from the lockout just recharged his drained batteries, plus he plays on a team that makes Clarkson look like an elite player. The Devils are just on a massive hot streak as a whole.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Any tips on how to improve my D core it is Bouwmeester, Carlson, Visnovsky, Seabrook, Greene, Larsson? It is good but I want a little bit better. Have 20k.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Calm down child. I know it's hard to process what I said since you were 6 and didn't watch hockey in 2004.

He's just an over-the-hill vet who's having some last-minute production ala Jagr and Forsberg.

Let's see how he's performing when the season's 35-40 games old and he starts getting worn out. All that time off from the lockout just recharged his drained batteries, plus he plays on a team that makes Clarkson look like an elite player. The Devils are just on a massive hot streak as a whole.

He is the reason that Clarkson is looking amazing.

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Any tips on how to improve my D core it is Bouwmeester, Carlson, Visnovsky, Seabrook, Greene, Larsson? It is good but I want a little bit better. Have 20k.

Give Jack Johnson a try, fast skater AND hard hitting. He scored from the point a lot for me too. If you want a RD, try Brent Burns. Very similar to JJ, except maybe a touch less offensive skill, but he's taller (further reach for poke checks).

JJ's an OFD and Burns is a TWD.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Give Jack Johnson a try, fast skater AND hard hitting. He scored from the point a lot for me too. If you want a RD, try Brent Burns. Very similar to JJ, except maybe a touch less offensive skill, but he's taller (further reach for poke checks).

JJ's an OFD and Burns is a TWD.

Thank you. I would love to try Burns with Bouwmeester.

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
How much do pavelski sell for, tried searching him up and just found a bunch of Torrey Mitchell and hanzus lol
Just noticed he is RW in this game

Last edited:

GodTukka*

Would someone trade me for my P.K Subban, i got em cheap and can't really sell it at the moment.

I'd really like the aforementioned Jack Johnson, (Even better if someone has him converted to RD)

On PS3 btw

tututooter21

Aug 18, 2010
B.C.
Bouwmeester - Burns is a deadly pairing. You definately will have fun with them.

Yep, can't say it enough but Bouwmeester has to be the best value player in the game, he is one of the only players that can go end to end no problem. His skating is insane and he can cut without losing speed. The fact that he is 6'4 doesn't hurt either

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yep, can't say it enough but Bouwmeester has to be the best value player in the game, he is one of the only players that can go end to end no problem. His skating is insane and he can cut without losing speed. The fact that he is 6'4 doesn't hurt either

Value? 5,000 for an 85-rated player who plays like an 86 or 87 is more than value. It's simply a massive mistake by the "community" at large.

Bouwmeester is one of the best OFD in the game and he's a TWD because he can actually hit a bit. When you have him going full tilt, he runs over almost anybody though.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Hah. So I am being spam-trolled or something. Guy with 99 Sid and I came to a deal. He backs out, decides he'll hold my best cards for 3 days. A million tied up, but not a huge deal I guess. I can wait.

Guy with 91 Vanek comes to a deal with me twice, but backs out both times because he can't figure out how to scam me. That's all he was after.

Haha, I can see why people get frustrated with trading and forums and such...

tututooter21

Aug 18, 2010
B.C.
Hah. So I am being spam-trolled or something. Guy with 99 Sid and I came to a deal. He backs out, decides he'll hold my best cards for 3 days. A million tied up, but not a huge deal I guess. I can wait.

Guy with 91 Vanek comes to a deal with me twice, but backs out both times because he can't figure out how to scam me. That's all he was after.

Haha, I can see why people get frustrated with trading and forums and such...

Man that sucks for you, I'd be so frustrated

NoahFecks

Feb 23, 2013
I was never really a believer in ice tilt until last night. The most ridiculous garbage happens to me when I play teams online that have a significantly worse roster than me. All of the sudden my SOTW Marleau can't outskate Chris Neil, or if he does than Neil can get the puck of him with one poke check, but when I'm on defense my poke checks literally right through my oppenents stick and nothing happens. Or when I outshoot my opponent 30 to 12 and almost triple his TOA but Carrie price lets in soft wrist shots from the blueline and Michael neuvirth turns into prime Patrick Roy. I honestly had a way better online record when my team was bad with mostly low 80s players its ridiculous.
Im starting to agree, feel bad for beating all those teams with giroux and crosby with Brayden Schenn and Van Rym. Seems my SOTW Karl is slower than Keith was. I couldnt beat a brand new columbus team... I think they had 8 shots maybe, but seemed any would go in. For one, my goalie literally moved at the last second to let the puck by.

GodTukka*

Not sure if serious, Pretty sure Elias did just fine over the course of a full season + a long playoff run just last year

You sir are just of lower intelligence

ChillX

Oct 8, 2012
Sat in a party while a bud opened 360k worth of gold packs. Best player Tyler Myers 2nd beat RW-LW which he accidentally quick sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad